Friday May 1 is the dAY

2bethinatlast
on 4/27/09 12:52 am - D'Iberville, MS

Fri May 1 is my surgery date. It's in Mobile , Al , so my dayghter & I are driving over  o n Thurs, because the night before bowel prepmight linger to the next day & there are not a lot of places to stop along the way, and I don't want to have to make any sudden, unexpected stops with no place with a bathroom. I have to register at the hosp at 5:30 Fri. morningand surgery should be around 7:30am  The first night I will be in ICU just in case I have any breathing or heart isssues or in general, any complications I will be in the right place, acording to my doc. I have to bring my c-pap machine with me, I was hoping to leave that at home and I hope after this surgery that I will be able to get rid of that machine and oxygen attatched to it.     All other May surgery dates good luck on your surgeries and a speedy recovery. May we meet next year at this time AND HAVE MANY SUCCESS STORIES TO SHARE                         Linda

Edit   Delete  

aphrael
on 4/27/09 2:10 am
Wow only a few days left!  Congrats, soon you will be sharing your story of how it all went :) 
iamfarfaraway
on 4/27/09 9:02 am - Charlotte, NC
Wow congrats on your upcoming surgery, I have my pre-op appt at the Hospital on 4-30 but surgery is not until 5-25

Best wishes on an uneventful surgery and a speedy recovery

40 lbs lost pre-op

2bethinatlast
on 4/29/09 10:16 am - D'Iberville, MS
Thanks for your best wishes, very much appreciated and will be praying for you and your upcoming surgery

Edit   Delete  

EOD WIFE
on 4/27/09 1:21 pm - Lawton Ft Sill, OK
Hi & congrats on your upcoming surgery. I am a few days after you, but Im doing my pre~op on Friday. What kind of bowel prep are you having to do?

I  MY RNY 5-5-09    Life is Good
       myxferadd.jpg picture by mikeysbrightstarboobies.gif picture by mikeysbrightstar

2bethinatlast
on 4/29/09 10:11 am - D'Iberville, MS
I have to take a bottle of magnesium citrate, but I went to rite-aid and they had a cherryflavor, I'm sure doesn't change the taste much. I was thinking of  mixing a packet of the Twisted Cherry Nectar maybe make it more palatable. What do you think and what prep r u doing I also had a 10 day liquid diet to do . I so want something to eat so bad.   Write back and will be praying for you for your surgery                           linda

Edit   Delete  

EOD WIFE
on 4/29/09 10:21 am - Lawton Ft Sill, OK
As far as I know I only have to do the 2 week liquid diet. I go to the hospital on Friday for my pre~op intake, so I guess if they want me to do a bowel prep they will tell me then. If they don't then I will not have to do one. I did have to do one for my hysterectomy in 97. That mag citrate is some nasty stuff.

I  MY RNY 5-5-09    Life is Good
       myxferadd.jpg picture by mikeysbrightstarboobies.gif picture by mikeysbrightstar

2bethinatlast
on 4/29/09 10:58 am - D'Iberville, MS
Having to do the liquid diet for 2 weeks is enough I was told to stay close to the bathroom       Linda

Edit   Delete  

rose78
on 4/27/09 3:54 pm - san jose, CA
OH  LINDA  GOOD LUCK  TO  YOU!!  Time to  get ur DONE!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
anyone on?
losing_it86 · 5 replies · 1394 views
NOTLosing
onyxmann · 5 replies · 1383 views
How is everyone?
EOD WIFE · 3 replies · 1255 views
132lbs gone!
thisxtooxshallxpass · 7 replies · 1120 views