Bitter/Sweet - The final countdown T-8 (days that is)

tonigirlv
on 5/3/09 10:12 am - South Jersey Shore, NJ
Well,  today was bitter-sweet.  I just had my last meal as tomorrow I start my liquid diet in preparation for my May 11 surgery.  I can't explain how I felt, sort of like a final goodbye as I took my last bite. Tonight  I had 2 slices of supreme pizza, last night, my huny made me  an awesome steak and potatoe with ice cream for desert.  I'm happy, don't get me wrong, I guess it is just that I don't know what to expect after surgery and the unknown of what I may not be able to eat anymore.   I hear all kinds of different stories on food tolerances/intolerances. I mean, I've been eating this way for 35+ years......I am so ready......but anxious about the unknown....
      I went shopping today for things I will need for the hospital (new pj's, slippers,chapstick, gas-x and other toiletries) and have all of my liquids for the week.  This week will be full of my PATs and bootcamp along with tieing up other loose ends.  This is the countdown of the begining of  rest of my life......   

Toni
iamfarfaraway
on 5/4/09 8:04 am - Charlotte, NC
Toni,

I am planning on going out to eat dinner on Thur (seeing my Surgeon Thur afternoon) then probably Friday, Sat and Sun.  Then start my liquid diet on Monday.  I just want all these last meals. 

I am not planning on taking PJ's with me to the hospital because you will have the hospital gown and I figure that will work for me while I am there, same with the robe cause I can wear a gown on the front and the back and I figure that should be good.  Since your going before me let me know what you really had to have and what was extra.

I am planning on taking.  Slippers, chap stick, tooth brush, tooth paste, deoderant, comb, pillow for the ride home.

Since you will be having your surgery before mine let me know what else I need to bring.

40 lbs lost pre-op

tonigirlv
on 5/4/09 8:52 am - South Jersey Shore, NJ

Hey Sandy,

I will def keep you posted on the experience.  Right now, I have a KILLER headache from day 1 of this liquid diet.  I am dying....I'm trying not to think about it too much but it's hard. 

Toni

Most Active
Recent Topics
anyone on?
losing_it86 · 5 replies · 1394 views
NOTLosing
onyxmann · 5 replies · 1382 views
How is everyone?
EOD WIFE · 3 replies · 1255 views
132lbs gone!
thisxtooxshallxpass · 7 replies · 1120 views