Liquids....

wandac
on 5/3/09 3:37 pm - Advance, NC
So, how many of us are starting our liquids or diets for preop?  How are things going? 

I started on Saturday and I wouldn't say that it has been pleasant but it also hasn't been as bad as expected either.  Now, I don't know what the next 8 days will hold......I guess we"ll see!  I have my preop appointment tomorrow and I am looking forward to that, I am ready to finish up all of the details.

Where are you guys in your journey? 

Wanda
tonigirlv
on 5/4/09 3:53 am - South Jersey Shore, NJ
Hi Wanda,

First day of my pre-op diet.....going ok I guess.....don't know how the rest of the week will go....I already miss food, but I think i'm being a big baby.  I am thinking about it too much.  Anyway,  I have my pre admission testing tomorrow and Thursday I meet wtih my surgeon.  It's the countdown.  1 week from today!

Toni 
jgould257
on 5/4/09 4:19 am - Marlton, NJ
Hi Wanda,

I start my liquids tomorrow, I have to be on liquids for 2 weeks preop.  Good luck to you!  My preadmissions appt. is the 13th.  The next two weeks are going to interesting.  I am SOOOO excited and scared all at the same time!

Jess
iamfarfaraway
on 5/4/09 8:07 am - Charlotte, NC
I will be starting my liquid diet on May 11th and Surgery on May 25th so 2 weeks on liquids.

I see the NUT on Wed, Surgeon on Thur then start the liquid diet then just wait for the surgery date everything else is done.

Good Luck with your upcoming surgery

40 lbs lost pre-op

Jennifer B.
on 5/4/09 9:48 am - East Norriton, PA

I am on day 5 of my liquid diet.  It has been a real challenge when I am at home but I just keep drinking water or just go to bed.  I have actually lose 5 lbs which is crazy.  I don't see it but the scale tells me different.   It is a good thing for us to do and we are getting out bodies and brains ready for this crazy journey we are about to take.   Good luck. 

buckscountybabe
on 5/5/09 11:40 am
Hello, Jennifer B. I see we have the same surgeon and you are a week ahead of me. Please be sure to let me know how it goes and what your experience was like. I'm nervous and anxious to get started, all at the same time!
marmama08
on 5/5/09 12:31 am - Pittsburgh, PA
I am on day one of the liquid diet, and it is ok so far. My preop with my surgeon is tomorrow and my surgery is set for the 12th. I don't think the liquids will be to bad since I know where the end results will lead me. I did stock up on SF JELLO and SOUP broth. Hope this works. THink I will get really tired of these though.

Devon

THIS IS THE START OF THE NEW ME!!!

HW/SW/CURRENT/GOAL
310/294/177/175    
buckscountybabe
on 5/5/09 11:38 am
Hi, I'm scheduled for surgery 5/21/09. I start my 2 week liquid diet on Thursday (5/7) and I'm very apprehensive about it. These posts really are a big help and encouragement. Thanks for sharing your experiences!
wandac
on 5/5/09 12:38 pm - Advance, NC

Well, I am finding it hard to just open up and can of broth and warm it up.  Just doesn't taste good!  I like to get some egg drop or wonton soups and eat the broth from those.  It tastes good and I feel satisfied.  The sweet stuff does get old fast.  I think that the hardest thing that I have went through is I have to get used to no Mt. Dew!  I love me some Dew!  LOL!  That and Diet Dr.Pepper are my favorites.  So, I think that the headaches are finally done from no caffeine so that helps a lot! 

Hang on ya'll!  We're getting closer!

Wanda

hollykep
on 5/8/09 6:22 am - Coppell, TX
I'm four days out from surgery and doing fine - back on clear liquids for a week now..but really no appetite - it's hard just getting in the protein drinks.   But pre-op on liquids - having pre-mixed Campbell's Soup at Hand cream soups really helped me. Just heat and drink, cream of chicken, cream of celery, cream of tomato.  I only had to do clear liquids the day before surgery (but check your surgeons instructions).  Plus I went to a juice bar that makes smoothies once a day,  located in my local grocery store and they made me a strawberry smoothie with a shot of whey protein - tasted great and made me feel like I was having something good.  The lady that worked there had also had gastric bypass with the same surgeon...small world!  Hope this helps.

-  Holly

Most Active
Recent Topics
anyone on?
losing_it86 · 5 replies · 1394 views
NOTLosing
onyxmann · 5 replies · 1382 views
How is everyone?
EOD WIFE · 3 replies · 1255 views
132lbs gone!
thisxtooxshallxpass · 7 replies · 1120 views