home wow...

aphrael
on 5/17/09 11:06 pm

Hi everyone Hubby has been a great guy he is being really helpful especially with the kids. 

I have to say this has been an interesting experience.  I didn't feel nervous even sitting in the preop area.  I think that part of my brain must have turned off or something lol.  I remember them giving me the shot in my IV before wheeling me to the OR and going through some doors with the surgeon next to me than the next thing I remember is being in recovery and in pain.  The person that was watching me kept asking what my pain level was it was horrible.  He told someone I had open RYN and I started to freak out but couldn't talk finally i asked him and he said it was a mistake it was laparoscopic.  Eventually I was coherent enough to start pressing my button for my pain meds and things got better.  I was up walking about 4 hours after I got into my room, and made 3 short walks that night.  The nurses loved me lol.  The next day I got up and walked 3 times before the surgeon came in and than he said ok your good to go home.  I was like ummm what.  less than 2 days in the hospital.  They had me on broth and jello in the hospital so that is what i have been sticking to at home so far.  Today I can start full liquids so I will start that with my protein supplements.  I think my dr's office fast tracts the food portion of things more than others so I am trying to be really careful and take it as, just because I "can" doesn't mean I "should" 

So far the pain is manageable they put in some weird pain medication device, it has two cathaders going inthe surgery area and a ball hangs in apouch I ware around my neck and constantly delivers pain meds numbing the surgery site.  This is the device http://www.iflo.com/prod_annatom.php

I imagine it is what is making life easier for me.  I have my first post op appointment on Wednesday.  They found a hernia that I will need to have repaired down the road.  They said when I go for plastics to have the extra skin removed would be the ideal time lol. 

So that is what  I am up to.  I gained some in the hospital, as exspected, but now am down 5 pounds from Thursday.  I will take it lol.  Thanks everyone for you well wishes, prayers and thoughts. 

Purple_Sparkles
on 5/18/09 12:25 am
oOoo Yay! Wow Less than 2 days! I am so excited for you! That is great…wow you’re a great walker! Oh my anything you didn’t use at the hospital lol probably everything you weren’t there very long!
Nichole05/29/09 Open RNY Surgery!!! On My WLS Journey!! 
Currently --115lbs as of 11/18/2009!!
EOD WIFE
on 5/18/09 1:00 am - Lawton Ft Sill, OK
Congrats on making it to the losers bench. I too was not nervous in the holding are but hubby was a basket case LOL.. Dontcha love that shot of junk in the IV that makes you forget everything!
Speedy recovery & happy losing to you!

I  MY RNY 5-5-09    Life is Good
       myxferadd.jpg picture by mikeysbrightstarboobies.gif picture by mikeysbrightstar

iamfarfaraway
on 5/18/09 2:23 am - Charlotte, NC
Glad your home and doing good.  Congrats on getting on the Losers side, I have just one week to go to join you.

40 lbs lost pre-op

Most Active
Recent Topics
anyone on?
losing_it86 · 5 replies · 1394 views
NOTLosing
onyxmann · 5 replies · 1383 views
How is everyone?
EOD WIFE · 3 replies · 1255 views
132lbs gone!
thisxtooxshallxpass · 7 replies · 1120 views