home / now 5 days out

mrsnil
on 5/23/09 8:35 am - hartford, IL
I had surgery Monday May 18- all went well, lap rny, no complications-  came home Wednesday afternoon.  Just wondering how others at this point are feeling.  Taking my pain med /percocet 5/325/   1 every three hours.  Doing o****il the 2hr30min mark start with lots of pain.  Able to do bare min. did get up for short walk today.  Not eating much, skim milk, popsicles, jello,and lots of water.  Just wondering how others in this phase are doing.  God bless everyone.

EOD WIFE
on 5/23/09 11:07 am - Lawton Ft Sill, OK
HI & congrats!
I was in the hospital a full 5 days, but when I came home I felt pretty good. I also have open RNY. I ate the thinned oatmeal, s/f jello and protein shakes mostly in VERY small amounts. I wasn't in too much pain and only took pain meds as needed (mostly just at bed time for the first few days at home). I am now about 18 days out and feel sooooo much better!

I  MY RNY 5-5-09    Life is Good
       myxferadd.jpg picture by mikeysbrightstarboobies.gif picture by mikeysbrightstar

kellietag
on 5/23/09 2:15 pm - Santee, CA
I had surgery on May 18th as well, LAP RNY w/ no complications. I also came home on Wednesday, felt tired and rested mostly the first day. Thursday went well, I felt pretty good so I think I over did it on Friday so today was a bit pain painful. Only time I took pain meds was at night on the day I came home, and have been takin Tylenol at night just to keep bed time more comfortable. I try to walk a few times a day. I am not eating a whole lot either besides s/f Jell-O and s/f Popsicles. I tried broth today but it wasn't satisfying. I am looking forward to the next step of the diet, and have something with a little more consistency such as strain cream soup and rice. I am defiantly over the tasteless food. lol

I hope you get to feeling better, try walkin as much as you can, it makes me feel much better. Good luck and keep in touch and let me know how you are going.

Kellie
Purple_Sparkles
on 5/24/09 3:12 am
Yay Kudos & Congrats on your surgeries! 
Nichole05/29/09 Open RNY Surgery!!! On My WLS Journey!! 
Currently --115lbs as of 11/18/2009!!
GrammySammy
on 5/25/09 3:01 am - riverbank, CA
My surgery for the LaP Roux en Y was on May 19th. I have not taken any pain meds since they took away the pain pca 2nd day post op. That part for me was good, besides I have a very high pain tolerance and I HATE the way pain meds make me feel. I had a very hard time getting all the liquids in as I feel full all the time. I did have gas, walking and the Milacon chewables helped. Now I am having (sigh) 5 or more loose bm a day!  I guess I am in the 20%-30% of folks that get this lovely side effect, fortunately my Bariatric patient education handbook says it should only last 2 weeks.  I am so looking forward to being able to start to drink protien shakes and eat a bit of puree food, just need some flavor! Seven days of clear liquid diet has my taste buds craving! First post op doctor visit in the morning.  My new trick to get my water down, is to use a 1 oz. medicine cup and drink that every 5 min or so. that way I do not drink too fast, and it seems to make my mind think I am drinking less but still getting it in faster. Whatever it takes!  Congrats to all the new post ops, here we go on our journey !
Most Active
Recent Topics
anyone on?
losing_it86 · 5 replies · 1394 views
NOTLosing
onyxmann · 5 replies · 1383 views
How is everyone?
EOD WIFE · 3 replies · 1255 views
132lbs gone!
thisxtooxshallxpass · 7 replies · 1120 views