Alright- gross- but can you burp????

karen C.
on 5/24/09 10:42 pm
I am 3 days out from lap band with hiatal hernia repair- I do have some gas pains. Liquid goes down fine, but I cannot burp!!! I think there's a big bubble under my diaphragm..... Could it just be swelling? Anyone else with this problem?
karen c
liquid diet 5/8/09
lap band 5/22/09
first fill 6/17/09 2cc
removed 10/6/11 due to erosion

EOD WIFE
on 5/25/09 7:35 am - Lawton Ft Sill, OK
I had RNY... But man o man can I burp thank god or else there would be times I'd be miserable.

I  MY RNY 5-5-09    Life is Good
       myxferadd.jpg picture by mikeysbrightstarboobies.gif picture by mikeysbrightstar

hollywood
on 5/26/09 4:21 pm - Victorville, CA
I have also felt the bubble in the middle of my chest i would assume that we are talking about the same thing. If i cant burp i do find it painful. This morning I woke up with a huge bubble and was in pain for almost 15 min before I could burp.  I emailed my dr and they said that it is normal and to take gas-x to help with it. I have not had problems burping but sometimes it takes a little time. Did you have shoulder pain from the surgery?

Jamie Conrad
on 5/28/09 12:55 am - Morristown, TN
Hi, I just had my surgeryon May 27th   I am burpng some and man does it hurt !!!My left shoulder as well...I has some shoulder pain prior to surgery, bit now it
s off the charts

jamie

HW-252 //PRE-OP-246 //  CW - 179 // GW -140//
sunnydreams
on 5/28/09 6:18 pm - IL
Oh, I had it bad!!   The good news is that it does get better though!   I had to stay in the hospital 3 extra days because once liquid would go down, I couldn't burp and felt like my chest was going to explode!  The pressure was excruciating!  My surgeon said that maybe the band was a little too tight.  He even offered to go back in and fix it, but I did not want to go back under the knife.  They gave me some lidocaine patches that I put right on my chest, that helped and pain med helped.  Ultimately it just took time for things to loosen up and for my esophagus to relax and let liquids and burps do what they're supposed to do.  It got a little better everyday, and by day 5, I was a whole lot better, now at day 9, I'm good as new.  Hope that helps.  I stayed on clear liquids in very small amounts until all that passed.  Now I'm on blended foods and have had no further problems at this point.  Good luck -- and don't be afraid to ask for meds. than can help you feel better. 

Sunny Dreams
Most Active
Recent Topics
anyone on?
losing_it86 · 5 replies · 1394 views
NOTLosing
onyxmann · 5 replies · 1383 views
How is everyone?
EOD WIFE · 3 replies · 1256 views
132lbs gone!
thisxtooxshallxpass · 7 replies · 1120 views