5 days out of surgery and trouble drinking and eating

ckreege
on 5/30/09 10:34 am
I had my gastric bypass surgery on Tuesday the 26th and now I am having terrible gas and troupble drinking or eating anything.  Has anyone else had this problem and what did you do to help?  Did Beano help anyone? 

Just looking for suggestions or anyone else who is suffering.  Would appreciate any ideas.

Thanks in advance.

Cathy
EOD WIFE
on 5/30/09 11:39 am - Lawton Ft Sill, OK
Gas X Strips help, I have no clue about beno.
It took me some time to be able to eat and drink as much as I was supposed to. Just be sure and keep hydrated right now the rest will come in time.

I  MY RNY 5-5-09    Life is Good
       myxferadd.jpg picture by mikeysbrightstarboobies.gif picture by mikeysbrightstar

toninj
on 5/30/09 10:56 pm - piscataway, NJ
My doc has me on Prilosec OTC  for the first month.  Have you tried that?

Revision on 05/27/09

ckreege
on 5/31/09 12:30 am
No, I haven't.  I just have BEANO to ease the pain,  I'll have to check with my dr about the Prilosec this week. 

Thanks for the idea!!! 
Cathy
iamfarfaraway
on 5/31/09 1:02 am - Charlotte, NC
I had my surgery 1 day before you and I have been on clear liquids for the 1st week so I have not eaten anything other than jello (if you consider that eating).  With the gas pains what I find works more than anything is walking and time I am just starting to get more gas out these last couple of days.  I have used gas X strips and they seem to help with the upper gas but not much with the lower gas.    I find it is very hard to keep the liquids down if I go to fast I really need to sip slowly.  Also try room temp rather than cold liquids it seems to help also for me.

I hope you start to feel better soon
Sandy

40 lbs lost pre-op

ckreege
on 6/1/09 6:29 am
Thanks so much for you idea.  Walking seems to help.  Gas (burping) seems to be better if I walk.

Cathy
curecatlady
on 5/31/09 1:59 am - Somerville, MA
I haven't had any trouble at all, but was prescribed Pepcid and Colace to help with these problems, just in case.  Maybe you can ask your doctor for these?
beachlady29k
on 5/31/09 10:34 am - PA
I had surgery the same day and experienced the same post surgery symptoms....today I feel much better...Like those before me stated we need to expell the gas and walking seems to help alot.  In fact I was only able to expel the gas for the past two days...the first three days after surgery the gas pain shot into my shoulders (it was quite painful) 

Kathie

Kathie

ckreege
on 6/1/09 6:31 am
Thanks for everyone's advice, it is getting better slowly.  Can't wait till things are back to "normal".  Have a great day.

Cathy
MssWho Me
on 6/2/09 12:45 pm - Powhatan, VA
I had the problem bad, I walked and walked while my hubby ran to drugstore to buy me so Milk of Mag

its what the doctor told me to get...took a little while but relief came

hope this helps
Most Active
Recent Topics
anyone on?
losing_it86 · 5 replies · 1394 views
NOTLosing
onyxmann · 5 replies · 1382 views
How is everyone?
EOD WIFE · 3 replies · 1255 views
132lbs gone!
thisxtooxshallxpass · 7 replies · 1120 views