i had my RNY may 12, what is every one eatting?

neetslove
on 6/2/09 11:57 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
what is every one eatting now? 
iamfarfaraway
on 6/3/09 1:03 am - Charlotte, NC
I had my RNY on May 25th I have just moved on to Full Liquids and Puree so yesterday I had 2 protein shakes, 1/4 c of Minestrone soup and choc pudding with added protein.

I can have 3 1/4 cups of food a day 1 for each meal but I am just not that hungry

40 lbs lost pre-op

EOD WIFE
on 6/3/09 5:49 am - Lawton Ft Sill, OK
Im 29 days out and I am ventureing into more regular foods. Small amounts of chicken (beef does not sit well yet) and soft veggies. I have had some watermelon this week it was wonderful. I still find it take awhile to eat and I have to measure. Protein shakes don't sit, so I am having to get creative with finding enough protein.

I  MY RNY 5-5-09    Life is Good
       myxferadd.jpg picture by mikeysbrightstarboobies.gif picture by mikeysbrightstar

Gooodjuju
on 6/3/09 10:48 am
I had my surgery on 5/13, I'm not eating much...and having a hard time getting enough liquids.
Tonight I had softly scrambled egg.  Drinking Isopure and broth.  I'm going to try some yogurt tomorrow.

What are you eating?  How are you feeling?
~juju

neetslove
on 6/7/09 7:09 am - Maple Shade, NJ
well , i had my surgery on the 12th.
for breakfast i am having a proteing shake or FF cottage cheese
then i am kinda just experimenting. i can tolerate 1/4 cup  at a time  if that. I can eat mashed potatoes  Soft beef, top of a pizza and chicken faighta( in sides) turkey chilli and ground turkey with salsa ans cheese. (yummy) and sss pops sf puddings. oh and i LOVE LOVE LOVE turkey jerkey from traders joes its soo good u just have to chew the crap outta it.
tonigirlv
on 6/3/09 10:42 pm - South Jersey Shore, NJ
I'm eating turkey chili, cottage cheese mixed with vanilla yogurt, sf pudding, egg drop soup, string cheese, slices of deli chicken breast rolled with cheese(must remember to take small bites and chew really well),  refried beans, SF fudgesicles, Rita's SF water ice (mango peach yum),  Nu Whey protein bullet mixed in my water (42gm protein),  I was able to tolerate alittle bit of rice.   I am trying new foods every week but it's slow.  I am also eating 6 very small meals a day ( 1/2 cup servings)   I feel great but do miss being able to eat normal. 

These foods so far don't sit well, they make me sick to my stomache so i stay away.  Eggs, mashed potatoes.

Toni
curecatlady
on 6/4/09 1:16 pm - Somerville, MA
Just started stage 2...the mushies...

Having a protein shake for breakfast, because I don't like breakfast foods.  This is also a good way of getting in my dairy and a big protein boost early in the day.

Found some Indian spinach and panir in the store that is perfect.  The panir (cheese) is very soft.  Also some Indian dahl (lentil soups).  Had roasted chicken leg (minus the skin) today and it was fine if I chewed it 50 times a tiny bite!  Also have had good success with turkey breast lunch meat.
Other things so far with success are fat free crumbled feta cheese, applesauce and raspberries (the latter added to the protein shake).

Basically I'm eating about 1/2 cup of food a meal and it takes me about 30 minutes to eat it.  No nausea or vomiting so far.  The hardest part is spacing everything out with the water.  Eating and drinking has become a full day concern for the time being.  I hope that part gets easier in the future.  I'm far more thirsty than anything and would easily not eat much at all and just drink, but I know I need the nutrients.

Been averaging 70 gm. protein a day and about 17 gm fat.
aphrael
on 6/4/09 10:03 pm
Well I had my RNY on May 14th.  I am just starting regular foods in the "trial" stage. 

Typically I have FF cottage cheese or Greek yogurt and a fruit for breakfast.  I have tried eggs but they sit like a brick in my pouch. 

Lunch and dinner I am experimenting more.  I have chili, re fried beans, a ricotta bake that I found on eggfaces's site and here, some shrimp, i have had tiliapia a couple times, scallops, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, occasional a small piece of cheese, smoked turkey, steamed chicken, ground turkey  pureed with some A1 or ketchup or taco seasoning and salsa.  I occasionally have some avocado for some healthy fat.  

I have some sugar free chocolate pudding that I mix protein powder into and snack on that at night for some extra protein.  I am still only eating about 1/4 cup of food at a time.  I am also drinking 2 protein shakes a day as well.  
wcumom1
on 6/23/09 10:59 am
I had mine 5-5  no food has bothered me yet.  Today i had a 1/2 pkg of weight control oatmeal, lunch was 1/4 cup chicken salad with ff mayo and 3 crackers, snack was 1/4 nuts, dinner chicken primavera, i had 6 bites of chicken, a few carrots, 2 bites of broccoli about 5 noodles LOL and 2 bites of garlic toast, now my snack tonight is a 17 g eas carb control with 10g desigjner whey in it too

juicyprincess
on 6/24/09 3:25 am - Tacoma, WA
I was on the 13th and i am supposed to be on clear liquids with 3 protein shakes a day. BUT since I couldnt really tolerate the protein at first (just had sucess yesterday) I have eaten cottage cheese, laughing cow cheese, Fage Greek yogurt, ff refried beans, peanut butter, egg white, string cheese, sf protein pudding, sf protein custard, and yes a tiny bit of corned beef hash (i was cooking and instinctively tastes, i held my breath for an hour after doing it for fear but i was ok). now mind you the MAX i can get down in about 1 oz (i think yesterday it was a touch more) but i am feeling good about my food tolerances!
Tomorrow at my 6 wk appointment my surgeon will move me to pureed foods, but since i have been eating so much for so long, i am not sure the point in that! Then 2 weeks later its mushy foods (again i am doing that now) and then full foods.
Not really sure how to move forward, just continue with what i am doing for a month and then i will be on track with what surgeon wants??

starting:282
6/25/09: 232.2
Most Active
Recent Topics
anyone on?
losing_it86 · 5 replies · 1394 views
NOTLosing
onyxmann · 5 replies · 1383 views
How is everyone?
EOD WIFE · 3 replies · 1256 views
132lbs gone!
thisxtooxshallxpass · 7 replies · 1120 views