6 month's out how are y'all doing?

EOD WIFE
on 11/18/09 9:22 am, edited 11/27/09 2:24 am - Lawton Ft Sill, OK
Well I had my 6 month check up today and it went really well.
I am down 71 pounds and all my labs were great. The doctor was pleased with my progress and the way I have healed.

SO how are y'all doing?

I  MY RNY 5-5-09    Life is Good
       myxferadd.jpg picture by mikeysbrightstarboobies.gif picture by mikeysbrightstar

onyxmann
on 11/20/09 6:23 am - Cary, NC
RNY on 05/18/09 with
I'm down 84 lbs, but we are still waiting for the blood test results to come back.   What a journey.   The PA said I can expect to lose 10-15 lbs more.   I'm so cool with that.  I sick if buying new clothes.   Although its better now than it had been in the past..   I can shop anywhere now.  So cool. 
Keep up the EXCELLENT Work!
stellarsan
on 11/23/09 2:38 am - Dunedin, FL
Doing great - having a few issues with Hypoglycemia ( actually reactive - blood sugar drops about 45 minutes fter I eat), but it has gotten MUCH better this last month. I don't know about anyone else, but I was losing a LOT of hair there for a while - still losing it, but it isn't as bad.  Had my 6 month appointment, but haven't gotten my bloodwork done yet  (new PCP). I'm anxious to see what's going on with that - I definitely had a challenging time getting in all of my supplements for the last few months but now I'm figuring out what does and doesn't work for me and I'm doing a LOT better.

So far I've lost 98 lbs, and I would like to lose about 40-50 more. I have only really been walking for the last 6 months, so I am planning on joining the closest gym this week to add some weight training to the mix - it should really help.

I am loving buying new clothes - went from a 24-now a 12. It's hard to keep up wiht the clothes (especially the bottoms), but the shopping has been a blast. I've spent surprisingly little money on clothing but have gotten a lot of use out of what I've bought. Thanks gooodness for Target, Old Navy and WalMart! Thay've saved me! It's crazy that for so long I could really only shop at 4 plus-size stores. Now, the world is my oyster and I can choose from anywhere I want to visit  - thousands of stores at my disposal! 

Glad to hear you are both doing so well! Keep up the great work !!

Kelly S.
on 11/27/09 2:19 am
At my six month appointment I was shocked to know that my body fat percentage has gone from 54% to 31%!  I LOVE MY RNY!!! 

20 pounds lost during two week pre-op diet.

karen C.
on 11/28/09 8:35 pm
I'm down 56lbs- I'd love to lose 30 more but I'd be happy to lose 20.
I love love love shopping now- there are so many more choices. I'm down from a 22 to a 14 or 16.
I feel awesome!
karen c
liquid diet 5/8/09
lap band 5/22/09
first fill 6/17/09 2cc
removed 10/6/11 due to erosion

bellaxamore
on 12/11/09 8:58 am
6months out i was down 95lbs :o)

I am now almost 6 and 1/2 months out and down 105lbs :o)

EOD WIFE
on 12/11/09 9:03 am - Lawton Ft Sill, OK
wow you go gurl! I would love to be that far along in the journey!

I  MY RNY 5-5-09    Life is Good
       myxferadd.jpg picture by mikeysbrightstarboobies.gif picture by mikeysbrightstar

Most Active
Recent Topics
anyone on?
losing_it86 · 5 replies · 1392 views
NOTLosing
onyxmann · 5 replies · 1381 views
How is everyone?
EOD WIFE · 3 replies · 1252 views
132lbs gone!
thisxtooxshallxpass · 7 replies · 1119 views