What people are thinking!!!!!

Jeanie J.
on 5/17/03 2:35 pm - Owensboro, KY
Anyone there wonder or worry what others are thinking? I haven't told very many due to the fact that a few have critized my decision. Like I am doing this to just lose weight, why not try L.A. Weight Loss or WW again. Therefore, I stopped telling anyone about my upcoming operation. Of course, I will have to "fess" up to it in a few months. Anyone else have this problem and how do you deal with it.
Dana G.
on 5/17/03 4:06 pm - Bergenfield, NJ
hey jeanie, I have only told those that i love and trust in my life. Everyon eelse I am telling I am having my gall bladder removed. When I start to drasticlly lose weight I will yell people that my thyroid was under active and I am on meds for that. good Luck to you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Shelly R.
on 5/18/03 2:46 am - Chesapeake, VA
It's funny, I've just posted something very similar! I know exactly what you're feeling. If you read my post this morning, you'll see I have a BMI of 41. The attitude I'm getting from friends and coworkers isn't very receptive either. I haven't told everyone but those I have are like "you don't seem big enough" or "I wouldn't think ins. would cover someone your size!" The sad thing is you'll even get this from those in the medical field as well. There was one profile I read where this girl wasn't getting the best help from her nurses while recovering from her RNY and found out later it was because her nurses didn't think she was "that" big! She obviously was the topic of conversation at the nurses station! That bothers me!! Best wishes to you in your journey! -Shelly
Emma G.
on 5/19/03 4:51 am - Nottingham, UK
I thought that eveyone would think i was a faliure and laugh at me. So for weeks i didn't tell anyone. Now as i get nearer to my surgery date, i've told more and more people and i haven't had one negative response. People have said i'm brave and the hope all goes well for me. I think that it becomes more comfortable as you accept it yourself.
Lisa R.
on 5/19/03 10:00 am - Spencer, VA
My initial plan was to only tell a few very close friends, but as my date (6/11/03) gets closer I find myself wanting to tell more people. Although many people are shocked at first almost everyone has been really supportive. The funny thing is I haven't told my family. They only know that I'm having my gall bladder removed. My parents wouldn't be able to be at the hospital anyway so why make them worry more than necessary? The only person who isn't being very supportive is my best friend. Everytime I try to talk about my surgery she changes the subject. I'm convinced that I'm doing the right thing and I'm not going to let negative comments get to me. I hope that you will soon find it easier to discuss your decision.
Cheryl H.
on 5/28/03 4:06 pm - Baltimore, MD
RNY on 06/09/03 with
First off I am in no way embarressed to be having this surgery. I will, and have told everyone down to the guy behind me in the check out line at the grocery store. EXCEPT I have not told my family. Oh of course my husband, grown children etc. know, but I have not told either or my parents, my four siblings, or anyone else in the family. I can not entirely explain why, one reason is I do not want to hear any nonsense for them, and secondly I do not want to have my weight be the topic for the family rumor mill. There are a couple of them that I would like to tell but can't because I could not trust them to not inform the rest of them. Part of me is really sad that I can not trust my family with this information, or to keep a confidence and part of me just KNOWS what will happen. They are overall a VERY judgemental group and I have no interest in hearing there opinions. Another but also important part of me want to go back to visit next Christmas, just after my 6 month anniversary and shock the hell out of them. Especially the stuck up egotistical one. So we shall see, maybe a week after surgery I will not be able to keep it a secret, but then again maybe I will. Cheryl Hain
Most Active
Recent Topics
so sad
happygirl01 · 0 replies · 804 views
7 years out
rlwilburn63 · 2 replies · 817 views
I wiill be 6 years out!
Lyn M. · 1 replies · 846 views
How is everyone doing???
Cassandra Blake · 1 replies · 814 views