Question for pre-ops and post-op Lady Junies

Stacie P.
on 6/7/11 2:52 am - PA
I am assuming that most of us female June babies wear an underwire bra... With that being said, has anyone been told by their Dr. that after surgery they can not wear them?

I just read this on another site and the woman said she recommends that women go out and buy a sports bra for the time being. I am assuming it is because of the wire putting pressure on your abdomen???

Just wondering....
~Stacie  

lorindac
on 6/7/11 4:05 am - durham, NC

Wow i didn't know that. but I don't wear underwires bras cause they are annoying. but I did not know about the sport bras. I would really like to know that. thanks Stacie.
By the way how is the liquid diet coming along for you.

Stacie P.
on 6/8/11 1:33 am - PA
The diet is coming along fine except that being limited to veggies, SF Jello, SF Popsicles, broth, Crystal Light and shakes isn't interesting. And veggies, well there are only so many ways that you can make them. Jello and me are becoming buddies! lol

How are you doing?
~Stacie  

lorindac
on 6/8/11 3:14 am - durham, NC
The same but my friend is the sugar free popsicles. they are my friend. The broth has a lot to be desired. my daughter told me i will become a veggie pop!

Winnie_the_Pooh
on 6/7/11 7:19 am
I agree with the post above. I don't wear an underwire either.  They seem to poke me.  I am not that busty anyway.  I am a smal C and will probably be a B after I lose weight.  A sports bra does seem to be a good idea.  I have read of people complaining that they have some incisions right around the bra line.

Winnie

Bigasiangirl
on 6/7/11 8:56 am
VSG on 06/01/11 with
 Hi Stacie, I wear and underwire and am a 46DD.  I wasn't given any such advice about underwires and sports bras.  I would guess that the sports bra would be a little more comfortable.  But, I've been wearing my underwire every day since surgery last week and feel OK with it. 

princessfrogee
on 6/7/11 9:21 am - AL
I can speak from the experience I had with my gaul bladder removal 15 yrs ago that one of the incisions they make (depending on how your belly rolls) can be right at or right under your bra and can rub.  If you think underwires are uncomfortable pre-op, just imagine it post-op. 

I have seen many recommendations also for a front snapping bra as it may be uncomfortable to get your bra off/on and snapped around back when you are so sore post-op.  I have yet to find a front snapping sports bra though.

"When you know better, you do better." ~Maya Angelou~

BW 334.4 / CW: 227 / GW 180             
Tammy G.
on 6/7/11 9:56 am
RNY on 06/16/11 with
 I don't wear underwire bras, but the bra I do wear has a 'band' in it for support.  I also have sports bras that I wear occassionally.  I would think that if your underwire is comfortable for you, it shouldn't be a problem.  If the bra fits correctly, the wire shouldn't press on your abdomen, but should be situated directly under your breasts.  

Narnia2003
on 6/8/11 12:57 am - PA
I do wear under wires, i had bought a sports bra to take to the hospital, and i am glad i did, i have one incision that is literally right where the bra lays, it was very uncomfortable even the sports bra irritated it, but by 4 days out i was able to wear a normal bra again its not nearly as irritating as it was when i first left the hospital! Good Luck!
Crabadams72
on 6/16/11 11:03 pm - Silver Spring, MD
I had surgery on the 10th and havent worn a bra except for 1 time. But I have small girls though.
VSG 6/10/2011  Dr. Ann Lidor BMore MD 5'5 HW-247 SW-233 GW-145 CW-120

http://www.youtube.com/user/72Crabadams   Me rambling about my journey : )

Most Active