Hello - - - Anybody home????

IrishIze
on 4/8/09 11:36 pm - NJ

Hi everyone - it's so sad to me when I come here and see no one has visited in so long.  This used to be such a vibrant board and so everyone was so supportive.   I guess it's the natural thing to move on, after all it's been nearly five years, but I really feel like I developed friendships here and I miss everyone.

I'm doing OK, always struggling.  I have FINALLY realized that I am a sugarholic.  Once I start I can't stop and a little is too much and a truckload is not enough.  So I have to abstain from sugar and right  now I'm working on acceptance of that.   It's not easy, as we all know.

Anyway I hope you will all check in.  Or send me an email!!

Hugs,

Irish......  

jewelcrown
on 4/21/09 11:39 am
Hi Nancy!

I've been doing my normal dance... gaining... loosing, gaining again.  It's good to see you on the board.  I too am a sugarholic, carbaholic.  As long as I stay away from that stuff, I'm good, but once I start... katybar the door I'm on a downward spiral.

I have an alcholic mentality when it comes to carbs and sugar.  I need to find a good psychologist.
Anyway.. so good to see you on the board.  I miss the July babies!

Hugs!
Denise

Jewel

IrishIze
on 4/23/09 5:14 am - NJ

Denise it is SO good to hear from you!!  Guess we're doing the same dance!!   I'm about 185 lbs.  - funny, at one point I would have died if I weighed that much, now it's kind of on the low end for me.   My promise to myself is that I will never go over 200 lbs. again, and I hope to keep that promise.

I have been seeing a therapist about the sugar/white carb addiction, and I really just have to abstain and now work on acceptance that I can't have these foods.  I try and do it like AA - one day at a time.  Instead of saying I can never have sugar, I say today I choose not to have sugar.

Anyway, hang in there my friend, and please check in every now and then and I will too....

Love ya!!

Irish......  

MrsJuly
on 4/22/09 9:51 am
I'm up, I'm down...always the same 10lbs.  I'm lucky that I've been able to maintain my weight at about a 20lb gain from my lowest of 215.  I don't really exercise (shame on me!), and I pretty much eat whatever I want.  If I'd actually stick with anything longer than a couple of days, I might see some progress.  I'm too lazy, though...and my life is quite functional even though I'm still tipping the scales well over 200.

Pamela
IrishIze
on 4/23/09 5:17 am - NJ
Well hello stranger!!  It's so good to hear from you!!  

I gain and lose the same ten pounds too.   I lose it during the week and gain in on the weekends!   I tap dance once or twice a week and I swear, once the weather stays nice, I'm going to start walking again and shave off a few inches!!

I hope you keep checking in....we can't let the July babies go completely down the drain!!

Love ya !
Irish......  

jewelcrown
on 5/25/09 12:28 pm
Hey....

Check out this new group called "Back on Track Together"...

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/backontracktogether/

It's an inspirational group of folks who've fallen off the wagon, some in small ways and some in largre ways.  I'm finding it helpful. 

Come join me!

Hugs!
Denise

Jewel

wlwav
on 6/22/09 12:29 am - Pine Hill, NJ
Hi Everyone,

I can't believe it has almost been 5 years already. How the time flies. I thought it was only me with the sugar addiction. But I know my limit and I can stop. I often crave something sweet after a meal,,,anyone have any ideas about why this happens? I have been maintaining my weight, I go up and down, fighting this 10 lbs like everyone else, but as long as it stays only 10 I am fine. I want to stay in my size 8 jeans...lol Glad to see everyone is doing good. yes we do need to keep in toouch more. take care everyone.
                                Linda
Traci K.
on 9/7/09 10:40 am - Sullivan, MO
Hi everyone! It's good to see some activity here on the board, but looks like even this thread is a few months old.

Hope everyone is doing well.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Traci  <*)))><  | Sullivan, MO
Join My WLS4Health OH Group
Lap RNY  7/27/04
My blog:  http://wls4health.com

Wendy W.
on 9/8/09 11:04 pm - Sandy Lake, PA
I have not been on here forever!
I too have fallen off the wagon and going to need help getting back on. I have went back to all of my bad habits! :(
I told myself "that can't happen to me, I am too careful" I have gained back almost 25lbs and never really got to a goal wt either....feeling very down about this now!!
Hope it gets better,
I am going to try the new site I seen mentioned above!
Thanks all!
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1067 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 972 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1058 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1110 views