Revision / Repair of surgery

IrishIze
on 1/9/12 3:19 am - NJ
Hi everyone!  Doesn't look like to many of my July babies around anymore.  I wonder how you're all doing.

Here's what's going on with me.   lost about 120 lbs (from about 280 to 160).  I leveled off around 175 and stayed there for a about 5-6 years.  Then I started gaining weight and felt like I could eat a lot and I could eat anything.  I went from 175 to about 200 lbs. about a year and a half ago.  I joined Weigh****chers and lost 40 lbs, then, of course, gained it all back and then some.  I'm about 225 now and petrified. 

Long story short, I finally went to a bariatric surgeon (my original surgeon moved out of state and out of network) and he found that my opening into the intestine tube had closed up and I now had a good sized fistula going directly into the stomach (evidently it was stapled but never cut), so in essence, I had a 'normal' anatomy.   

I am going next week (Jan 18) for a repair - to enlarge the opening into the bypass and close the fistula.  He's hoping to do it laprascopically, but that depends on scar tissue.  I sure hope he doesn't have to open me up again.

So, anyone else have this particular problem?  Any suggestions?  Hopefully some good wishes - starting to get a little nervous....

Nancy

Irish......  

jewelcrown
on 1/12/12 11:19 am
Hi Nancy:

I definitely wish you the best and hope you get a new honeymoon phase on your RNY journey!
Please let us (me) know how you're doing.  So glad to see a familiar face on the board.
I'll be praying for you!

Denise

Jewel

Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1067 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 972 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1057 views
Old Habits