How is the July Club?

TweedyBird
on 6/5/04 5:07 am - Somewhere, AR
Hey evereyone! I have not posted to this site in a while. I have still been keeping up my workout schedule, water, and eating pretty good. I have lost 19lbs! This puts my BMI just shy of 50, which makes me able to have the surgery lap, not to mention putting my body in the best shape that it can be before surgery. I am still going through a rollercoaster of emotions. One minute I am so excited and ready, then that next minute I am really scared. How is everyone else doing? Oh, how many of you guys have started taking vitimins pre op? I have began taking a multivitimn, and biotin (to reduce hair loss). I also ordered some Vista Vitimins, they are suppose to be designed for bypass patients. The order has not come in yet, but it is recommended to start taking them a month before surgery.
Shelly A.
on 6/5/04 11:56 am - minnetonka, MN
I am also having surgery in July. My emotion are running the same I am very excited one minute then scared the next. I started taking biotin for hair loss 2 weeks ago. But where do you get Vista vitamins? let's keep in touch. I think we need all of the support we can get!! Shelly Anlauf [email protected]
TweedyBird
on 6/7/04 7:52 am - Somewhere, AR
Sorry it has taken me a few days to respond to your post, for some reason the site is not notifying me of responses. Anyway, I found Vista Vitamins on two sites the first site is a site run by a post op, she frequently post to the main board as well. Her site is as follows: http://store.bariatriceating.com/index.html However, I ended up ordering my vitamins straight from the source, http://vistavitamins.com/index.html They only ran maybe 5.00 to 6.00 cheaper, but I am in a auto reordering club where they ship you a new supply every 8 weeks. And yes lets keep in touch. I too need the support. Tonia
Shelly A.
on 6/7/04 1:55 pm - minnetonka, MN
LaTonia, Thanks for getting back to me. I will get out the site for the vitamins. Good Luck, let's keep in touch!! Shelly A
michele J.
on 6/7/04 12:06 am - west palm beach, FL
Hey LaTonia!!!!!! Glad to hear your keeping up the great work!!! I just got my second surgery date (JULY 9, 04). My 1st one had to be canceled cause one of the grands shared his flu with me:>( and I got really, really sick but I'm up and running again. (Well wheeling lol) I was sooooo scared by the pre-op stuff back in March, but I don't feel as terrified this time! Must be a good sign! I've started my vitimins but have not heared about biotin. What is it, where do I get it? Does it really help with hair loss. Keep on it and I'll keep you in my prayers.
TweedyBird
on 6/7/04 8:15 am - Somewhere, AR
I am sorry about your date being canceled. But I am glad your new date is just around the corner. And yes, Biotin is suppose to really work. A lot of post ops give it rave reviews and continue taking it after surgery as well. But as you know, all of the B vitamins will be things that we will be forever be deficiant of (B12, B Complex, B1 and so on). I started taking Biotin approximately 3weeks ago. My hair and my nails look great. I use to have a thinning spot in the center crown area of my head, it is totally gone. That damn spot had been there since junior high. So as of now, I am just tickled pick. I checked with my pharmacist to make sure I could take a number of vitamins right now, he said yes. He also told me that none of the ones that I am currently taking can do any harm. The ones you have to worry about was like Vitamin K, D and some more that we should never have any problems with anyway. So as of right now, I am taking: Vitamin E-Naturally contributes to cardiovasular health by helping to protect against cellular damage ( aides in faster healing). 1x per day Biotin 1000 msg 1x day supports heathy skin and hair and a source of energy. by-the-way, I am taking the information right from the side of the bottles! except when I put info in parentheses, that is my own paraphrasing! Vitamin C 1000mg-- Enhances the immune system (I have not had a stopped up nose , a niffle, or a cough in months! And mind you I have a 15 month old son, I was getting something from him and the rest of his daycare friends at least every other week!) Also, just FYI here is a sample of the vitamins taken each day post op. I save post that I think are going to be helpful in the future! Make sure to always take your vitamin supplements. You can purchase these at any local health food store or GNC or Vitamin World. The following is the schedule I have kept and has worked for me: Breakfast: 1 multivitamin (chewable) 2 sublingual biotin (1000 mg) 1 sublingual B-12 1 gelcap vitamin E (optional) Lunch: Either chewable or liquid calcium citrate (600 mgs) Supper: repeat breakfast without the multivitamin chewable Bedtime: repeat lunch Also optional: two Metamucil wafers or Fiber Choice wafers at bedtime with a protein drink to help keep you regular. Many people have gotten bowel obstructions because of constipation. I truly believe this has helped with weight loss for me! Hmmmmm, I thought I had more than one saved. But anyway, my angel has the following regimin post op B-12 Sublingul (every other day) B Complex Liquid (every day) B1 thymun 50 mcg (every day) Biotin 5 1000 mcg (every day) Folic Acid (every day) l Vista Multvitamin (every day) All of the post that I have read have, post ops have done a variation on this, but basically the same with all of the the B vitamins. Many reported little if not any hair loss. TOnia
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1067 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 972 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1058 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1111 views