Anybody had or doing Lap-Band??

Katie T.
on 6/17/04 5:33 am - Sioux Falls, SD
I have some brief questions. Can you give me any do's or don'ts for post-op? I am preparing myself for little bites and lots or yougart but still a little scared, I hate throwing up. Any Pos or even Negatives about the surgery? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Katie
Carolyn W.
on 6/18/04 12:09 am - DeSoto, TX
Hello, I'm doing the lap band on 7/19/04.From what I have learned is this; you will throw up when you; 1) eat to fast, 2) when you don't chew your food thoroughly, 3)some meats may not agree with you after your surgery. There is a lap band message board, go there it's very informative.
Amy H.
on 6/20/04 10:15 am - Madison, WI
Hi Katie, Definitely check out the lap band forum (under Communities, then scroll down to find it). My husband is 9 days post op and my surgery date is July 7. He was on clear liquids for a few days - he couldnt really handle anything too "sugary". His doctor said it would be ok to go to the full liquid/protein diet a few days early. He also has used a pepcid chewable to help with the acid. Just remember to sip slowly and eat slowly - your band will tell you when you're full He is taking in 4-6 oz at a time right now, so we bought a few extra measuring cups to have handy Feel free to e-mail me if you want, but I think you'll find the lap band forum very informative! Amy surgery scheduled 7/7/04
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1073 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 978 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1065 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1120 views