Any other July Buddies out there?

no_more_rolls
on 6/13/11 12:38 pm - Jackson, MI
 I've been doing protien drinks randomly for several months now.  I have used a few different brands but I am still experimenting   I've tried Resource Optisource High Protein Drink in chocolate and strawberry flavors...of course I am a chocoholic so I liked that better.  They come in nice 2 serving drink boxes and have a total of 24 grams of protein per drink box, so they are handy when you're on the go.  As far as protein powders, for the price I really like Super Advanced Whey Protein which you can get at Walmart or Meijers (that I know of).  Walmart has the best price online...buy 2 get 1 free, so $32 for 3 containers.  It comes in 5 different flavors and has 28 servings with 26 grams of protein each!

Another good option is greek yogurt.  YUM!  The protein varies by brand, but most have at least 12 grams protein per serving.
Winning isn't everything, but wanting to win is.  
DONT BE AFRAID TO FAIL......BE AFRAID NOT TO TRY! 
highest weight 313/ surgery 255 / current 185 / goal 135  Height 5'6"

luckiestparentoftwo
on 6/15/11 3:35 pm - Canada
Hey Aimee. ..... I am scheduled july 1st for ryn...I am really nervous....I like u have Been trying to decide between the sleeve and ryn.... But I think I am going to do ryn because of my eating habits.... I am so glad to have found all of u on here.... I start my preop the week before....
merrysprite
on 6/16/11 2:04 pm
RNY on 07/14/11 with
Hi everyone, I am scheduled to have rny on July 14th.  I just received my insurance approval today so its a definite go!  What a weight off my shoulders, now to lose the weight elsewhere .  Good luck to all of you! ~ Merrysprite
LouiseB
on 6/17/11 9:03 am

Hello July-ers! 
My name is Louise and I'm scheduled for Roux-enY GB on July 5th.  I'm very excited and am starting my pre-op liquid diet next week. I've got to do 2 weeks of that prior to surgery and I think that is when it will really "hit me" that it is all really happening.

I tried to get the surgery 4 years ago but was denied by insurance. But 4 years later, different job and different insurance compay, I was finally approved.

Kaysmommy - have you tried any of the Bariatric Advantage protein powders or vitamins? Have any of you tried that brand? I've used a couple brands that I can get at supermarket but those really don't have enough protein. So I'm searching around for what to try. Thanks for the tip on Syntax Nectar Fuzzy Navel. Sounds good.

So good luck to all of us "July-ers!"
Louise_B

Graceful1969
on 6/18/11 2:51 pm
Hi all, I am scheduled for RNY on July 5th.  I go in on Monday to see the NUT and get my 2 week preop diet.  Thank goodness it's only a low carb diet......Then I go in on Wednesday to see the surgeon one last time to go over what the plan is.  Then in two weeks, I will be starting my new way of life.  I'm nervous, scared, excited and any other emotion you could have.  I've been freaking out and eating like crazy, I've heard of people calling it the "Last Meal Syndrome" or something like that.  I've gained like 8 lbs since the last time I saw the Nut/Surgeon.  Good luck to everyone on their new life journey.

(deactivated member)
on 6/19/11 5:59 am
I will be in July also. I think that it will be July 13th will know for sure on Tuesday...
katt_
on 6/20/11 3:18 am - NY
 YEYYY HOW EXICITING MY DATE IS JULY 26TH ITS BEEN A LONG TIME COMING IVE BEEN IN THIS PROCESS SINCE JANUARY  IM VERY  HAPPY AND VERY NERVOUS CONGRATS TO YOU ALL I CANT WAIT IVE ALREADY STARTED THE PROTEIN DIET ..I WILL BE HAVING SURGERY WITH DR.PRATHIBA VERMULAPALLI IN MONTERIORE HOSPITAL IN THE BRONX....................................................
sandycnv
on 6/20/11 5:10 pm - Clayton, CA

I am scheduled for the Sleeve in July 5th.  I am so excited.  I have been jumping through insurance hoops for almost a year to get this surgery.  I am ready!

Sandy
(deactivated member)
on 6/21/11 2:16 pm
OK so I went to see the surgeon on Tuesday and I go for my pre-op testing on June 29Th and start my pre-op diet that same day. And it is set in stone and in black and white that I'm getting my new buddy and its name is Sleeve...LOL I was excited today that I thought that I was going to pee my pants... I was to see the surgeon at 3:20 this afternoon and didn't get to see him til about 5:40 he was running so behind. I didn't get out til 6:45 this evening then it was a long hour and a half drive home. I have gained 1.2 pounds since I saw the coordinator. I have been eating everything in sight knowing that I can't eat like I am after surgery. I know that I can do this. I'm just scared of the pre-op diet is all. If i mess it up I will have to reschedule it and I do not want that... So I need all the prayers that I can get so I will get threw the 2 weeks fast... Well I went on long enough... But congrats to the other July surgeries!!!
Chip W.
on 6/21/11 8:58 pm
Hello, My surgery date is July 19th with Dr. Sudan @ Duke. I'm scared and excited.
Most Active
Recent Topics