Recent Posts

lacrimablu
on 8/17/13 6:53 pm - Wrightwood, CA
Topic: I had my surgery in 2003

I had my surgery in 2003...........did you have your surgery? I would love to hear from others that had surgery in 2003 and how they are doing? Did they have complications? Did they loose? Gain? How are they doing now?

I really want to know how people are doing........not much information on people who had surgery that long ago. I am curious to see how others turned out....and if anyone had plastic surgery and if they did......when.......and how they did. I have yet to have any. Plus I am i California....and I want to have plastic surgery and want to know if anyone recommends anyone.

Does anyone regret the surgery. I don't. I have had MANY MANY complications and constantly am having trouble in and out of hospital. But it was the best decision I did. I still have to take vitamins and my blood work is always coming back low and constantly increasing. My stomach is still small and I have trouble eating.

Please share about yourself.....I gained but lost. But that is because i went through small depression and STOP exercising and ate what ever. Until I finally caught myself. I worked so hard....why give up now.

Never allow someone to be your priority while allowing yourself to be their option!

lacrimablu
on 8/17/13 6:46 pm - Wrightwood, CA
Topic: RE: low red blood cells and iron

Yes I have problem with my iron. I become anemic a lot. I refuse to take iron pills because they constipate. But I try to take spinach(green foods) and a daily vitamins that help. I have had some complications. I have had two bleeding ulcers that bled.

One last year.....that one I caught in time. The other one 3-4 years ago and I need blood transfusion.

But iron I am always having problem with....and the shots hurt. I also b12.......and a lot of other vitamins. I know medical insurance ad not many can afford. I am fortunate. But try to take your vitamins. I am 10 years out.....and believe me I rely on my vitamins a lot.

But yes.....Iron and b-12, calcium I am always need to bring it up.

They did other blood work and I need to increase my foliate, beta carotene and my protein BIG TIME.

Never allow someone to be your priority while allowing yourself to be their option!

lacrimablu
on 8/17/13 6:39 pm - Wrightwood, CA
Topic: RE: Weight Gain Off track

What was your starting weight Melissa? What is your goal weight?

Did any of you have any complications?

lacrimablu
on 8/17/13 6:36 pm - Wrightwood, CA
Topic: RE: Question Please?

I had my surgery in 2003...........did you have your surgery? I would love to hear from others that had surgery in 2003 and how they are doing? Did they have complications? Did they loose? Gain? How are they doing now?

I really want to know how people are doing........not much information on people who had surgery that long ago. I am curious to see how others turned out....and if anyone had plastic surgery and if they did......when.......and how they did. I have yet to have any.

KismetQT
on 2/13/13 4:14 pm - Centennial, CO
Topic: RE: Help answers needed

I have had right sided pain since my surgery and constantly am anemic despite the supplements.  I am constantly passing kidney "grit" have lost all of my teeth and am miserable.  My doc...Dr. Snyder virtually abandoned my care when I started having these problems..... And he advertised and stated in his workshop... "Doctor for life"  I have only hoped my life would end in the past six years. 

I am sorry I didn't respond sooner.

Marcie Stanley

jacreasy
on 6/27/12 12:32 am
VSG on 04/23/12
Topic: Question Please?
Just came across this forum, is this for DS August 2003 Surgery's or is this a post-op forum??  If it is for 8/2003's how did you make this forum and are there others? lol sorry for the stupid question 

(VSG)  HW, 346 SW, 341 CW 176.2 GW, 165  kiss

MELISSA P.
on 6/24/12 8:41 am - BELLEVILLE, NJ
 on the same page i had it eight years ago and starting to gain the weght back not to much but its so hard to maintain an also to get under 180 

Viv2003
on 10/27/11 12:05 pm
Hi Donna,

I also had my surgery August 2003 and recently gained some weight. I found a group on the message Boards titled "Back on Track Together" (BOTT). They have been wonderful and I have learned much as I find my way back to getting on track. Check them out!

You are not alone and its not too late to get back on track.

Have a good evening,
RenaGa
on 10/16/11 12:23 pm
Topic: RE: Help answers needed
My RNY date was aug 2003 = YOU HAVE TO GET YOUR BLOODWORK DONE!!! ANY blood that is low is not good. My doc even said he would rather it be a little higher b/c any bloodloss  (menstrul, etc....) could be bad. ALSO, you need to have a liver panel done via bloodwork. This will show any liver damage. The medication has caused me to gain a lot of weight. 50# in a few mths........ Start with your primary doc. Tell them everything you can thing of thats concerning you. See if you can see a WLS Doctor.......hope this helps......God Bless!!!!!
DROBY
on 9/28/11 6:20 am - TN
Topic: Weight Gain Off track
Well The last year I have had some health issues and the last 7 months haven't been fun...  Gained lots of weight back at this point. I have some hormone issues going on now, I can't seem to find the right eating plan for myself. I have started back on protein shakes and lower the carbs.. It just seems no matter how I go about it I fail.  I wish I could wake up and be a couple of weeks out of surgery again...  

Just needed to vent I guess I am kinda lost...

Thanks Donna

Most Active
Recent Topics
I had my surgery in 2003
lacrimablu · 0 replies · 888 views
Question Please?
jacreasy · 1 replies · 774 views
Weight Gain Off track
DROBY · 3 replies · 1024 views
low red blood cells and iron
MTITTLE · 2 replies · 793 views