Recent Posts

DRoberts5331
on 7/10/07 11:25 pm - Fredericksburg, VA
Topic: Anniversary 4 Years (8/15/07)
Hello Everyone, I am 37 and in my pre-op life weighed 330 lbs. I had the RNY 8/15/03 and now weigh +/- 165 (160 was my lowest weight) I have had the tummy tuck and breast lift in Nov 2006 and had to have an additional nipple lift in April 2006 to correct the symetry due to all the skin they removed. I have to have another breast lift (skin removal) 8/16/07. Does anyone have issues with their blood work (namely Iron/blood levels being low) I have to take a shot full of liquid vitamins everyday twice a day! Not to mention the lovely protein drinks that we all love to hate (40g per day) Two Tablespoons of Centrum Liquid (2x per day) Four Tablespoons of Iron liquid (3x per day) a normal person takes 2 tbls per day. Two doses of B complex (2x daily) and I still have problems getting light headed, dizzy and passing out on occasion! Also I have stomach aches but I think that is due to all the Iron and not being able to go to the restroom regularly. Does anyone else have these problems? I have friends that had the RNY and they NEVER even did protein or took vitamins and do not have the issues I have! I guess I just wanted to see if anyone else out there is having the same issues getting light headed, dizzy and passing out on occasion. What did you do to help that? :-S Sincerely, Debra Roberts
tina0226
on 6/24/07 11:44 am - Greenwood, IN
Topic: RE: almost 4 years out now
I've gained between 10-15 pounds from my lowest. Which to be honest I only have myself to blame ... I eat things I know I shouldn't .... why I don't know. But I am trying to be better since my husband had surgery 04/17/2007 ...
mdecaire1978
on 6/17/07 1:53 am - Riverview, FL
I think that for anyone to go through what we have been through in the past 4 yrs, that we should be expected to gain weight. WLS is not fit for life unless we starve right? You all did awesome and will continue. I have found the WORST part of WLS is the depression that is causes since we are expected by thos in society that know we have had WLS to be skinny for life! Yeah right...
dustysmommy
on 6/4/07 12:00 am - Bridgeport, TX
My surgen said it was ok, and expected to gain back anywhere from 20 to 50 lbs. Have you seen you surgen? Family DR.'s don't always know everything about this type of surgery. Like I said I've gained back, but I still feel great, and I have been steady at my current weight for about a year now.
missypayne
on 6/3/07 10:43 am - The Plains, OH
I am almost 4 years post op and have gained 65 pounds!!! My family doc is very unhappy but she has no idea - I feel like the biggest failure in the world. Why did I go through all this to get fat again? I am ADDICTED to food. Can someone help me please?
sandyh
on 6/1/07 6:09 am - Enterprise, AL
I have only gained 10 pounds back from my lowest weight. I am at my goal weight still of 145 pounds. I lost down to 138 when I was going through my divorce due to stress, but I am happy to be back at 145 because I was looking too skinny. I do not plan to gain more than 10 pounds because I am scared that once I get it on me, I will not be able to get it off because I could not before surgery. I am sure to weigh about every 3 days and if I notice an increase that stays for longer than a day I up my water and proteins. SAndy 295 starting weight height 5'7" 145 current weight and maintaining
dustysmommy
on 5/22/07 11:40 pm - Bridgeport, TX
Topic: almost 4 years out now
Hello everyone, sorry I haven't been active here in a long long time. I was wondering how much weight has anyone gained back after being almost 4 years post-op? I've gained back about 50 lbs, and hope I am not on my way back to pre-op size. Any sugestions would be appericated. Thanks Jen
Mike L.
on 12/8/06 4:50 am - Yardley, PA
Topic: RE: Pain after Eating or Drinking
I am three years out and had pain in the same area a few months ago. Turns out it was a hernia on the left side. Had outpatient hernia repair surgery, and felt better immediately once I awoke. Please have yourself checked out for this possibility. mike
Darlene E.
on 10/29/06 11:30 am - Tallapoosa, GA
Topic: RE: Pain after Eating or Drinking
I have just had this same thing happen to me and for the second time I have had an intestinal hernia. I had one 2 years ago and again just this past week. Email me if you want to. Darlene
rrj1770
on 10/15/06 9:03 am - St. Louis, MO
Topic: Pain after Eating or Drinking
I am 3 years post-op and my gallbladder was removed 30 days after I had surgery. I have been generally healthy and feeling great. I lost 160 lbs and have gained back about 12lbs...not too bad. Anyway, I've started to experience severe pain(mostly on the left side) after eating or drinking. This has been going on for about 5 days. I went to the emergency room. They did all the blood and urine test and found nothing. They prescribed Bentnyl to stop the stomach cramping. Although that works my stomach is still cramping up. They have only treated the symptoms but not the cause. What can this be????
Most Active
Recent Topics
I had my surgery in 2003
lacrimablu · 0 replies · 894 views
Question Please?
jacreasy · 1 replies · 778 views
Weight Gain Off track
DROBY · 3 replies · 1030 views
low red blood cells and iron
MTITTLE · 2 replies · 796 views