Recent Posts

Lisa J.
on 6/19/03 2:29 pm - Cedar Rapids, IA
Topic: RE: Second Chance
We will all be there with you in spirit. Good luck.... Just find yourself in a happy place and relax... You can do this.... This is your new birthday and everything will go as planned. I will keep you in my prayers. Lisa J/Cedar Rapids Ia
Sharon R.
on 6/19/03 4:16 am - Woodland, Wa
Topic: Got a date:So excited !
Can't wait I am so looking forward to the 19th of August(my surgery date). I found out that my insurance will not cover it at all.But I have taken out a loan and am having the surgery any way. Sure hope there is no complication. That is my only fear at this point.
Michelle P.
on 6/18/03 3:13 pm - Denver, CO
Topic: RE: HAVE NO FEAR-GOD IS ALWAYS NEAR!!
I'm with you Ava! I got the phone call this afternoon that I have been approved and my date is August 5th! I immediately started crying and trembling and asking, "OMG! Am I doing the right thing?" I cried and shook all over for about an hour. I finally had to say a prayer while driving home asking God to calm my nerves and fears. And amazingly so, I was calmed. I'm still nervous though! But I know God is with me and will take care of me. I will pray that you will be fine! God bless!!
Christine S.
on 6/18/03 9:04 am - Park Forest, Il
Topic: RE: Got a date August 19,2003
Hi Pamela, I also just got a date for August 18th and I am giving God all of the Glory. Everything has gone so well so far and I am looking forward to finally having the tool to be able to live in a body that can do what it is designed to do. I was going to have a July date but it was changed yesterday. I am from the Chicago area am 57 and have a great support in my Husband. I am praying that your Surgery will be done in excellence and that you have the results that you are putting your faith out there for. Be Blessed Kris
patricia M.
on 6/17/03 1:51 pm - slaughters, ky
Topic: (8) weeks away
i have a surgery date of Aug 12th and i can,t wait, right now i,m soooooooooo excited and counting down the days. i really pray that God will give me the strength to use this tool and never abuse it. i feel so "BLESSED" to be getting this great oppurtunity and i feel like i,m getting another chance at a normal life, and i,m gonna make it count. i would like to thank "GOD" for letting everything fall in to place for me, everything has went very smooth since my journey began, he has been with me this far and i,m trusting in him to take me all the way through. "i love you Jesus". i want to say "THANKS" to my PCP (Dr. Goodale) who has been very cooperative and gave me a referral for this Surgery, also my orthapedic Doctor (Dr. Mesa) who felt this Surgery would benefit me so much. also (Dr. Richards) who agreed to do this for me. i want to say "THANKS" to my family who is afraid for me but are slowly coming around and getting use to the idea of this Surgery. (i love you and i need your support.) to my (MOM) who i love so much but won,t be able to be with me during my Surgery due to health reasons but i know i,ll be in her prayers. and last but not least i want to say "THANKS" to my daughter Melissa who has supported me in this all the way. (I LOVE YOU MELISSA!!!!!) To all the ones, out there that has recently had this Surgery or is getting ready to have it, i wish you a very speedy recovery free from any problems or complications. (THANK YOU OBESITYHELP.COM) for an outstanding website that encourages me sooooooo!!!!!!! much. without you i would not be on this journey. "GOD BLESS YOU ALL".
Maryjean
on 6/17/03 4:48 am - Ashtabula, OH
Topic: August 5th
Only 49 more days until !!
judy M.
on 6/16/03 6:30 pm - Oroville, ca
Topic: RE: Waiting impatiently for my surgery date
Hi Rosanna I am August 7th! Good luck to both of us! Judy
judy M.
on 6/16/03 6:28 pm - Oroville, ca
Topic: RE: I did it...I finally got a new date~
Hi I have a new date too! August 7th! It is nice that we both got a 2nd chancefor the wls! Good luck to both of us and our 2nd chance! Judy
judy M.
on 6/16/03 6:24 pm - Oroville, ca
Topic: RE: HAVE NO FEAR-GOD IS ALWAYS NEAR!!
Dont worry you wont jump off the table like I did! That is right that was me !!! I was given versed I had a reverse reaction instead of it calming me down my heart starting pulpitating I had a severe panic reaction to the medicine, or I would of been fine. You will be fine.My sister and I went down to L.A. together she got the surgery as we were both suppose to. She is fine she already lost 25 lbs and it hasnt even been a month! I go back on August 7th!I know I will be fine because they wont give me that medicine and I know what to expect! It is a piece of cake!Good luck and sorry I freaked you out!I will pray for you!Judy
AVA R.
on 6/16/03 12:11 pm - BRONX, NY
Topic: HAVE NO FEAR-GOD IS ALWAYS NEAR!!
I AM NOT SCHEDULED TO HAVE SURG UNTIL AUGUST 18TH BUT I AM SOOOO VERY NERVOUS. I JUST READ THAT ANOTHER MEMEBER JUMPED OFF THE TABLE BECAUSE THEY WERE TOO SCARED!!! I DONT THINK THAT WOULD HAPPEN TO ME BUT ONLY GOD KNOWS.......I AM ASKING FOR EVERYONE TO KEEP ME IN THERE PRAYERS AND WILL ALSO PRAY FOR YOU!!! GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE HAVING WLS!!!!-LOVE AVA R.
Most Active
Recent Topics
I had my surgery in 2003
lacrimablu · 0 replies · 902 views
Question Please?
jacreasy · 1 replies · 784 views
Weight Gain Off track
DROBY · 3 replies · 1040 views
low red blood cells and iron
MTITTLE · 2 replies · 801 views