Surgery August 21st, 2009 - anyone else?

vellenturner
on 6/23/09 6:34 am - New Albany, IN
From Louisville, KY anyone out there in August?

dragonfly0911
on 6/24/09 3:25 pm
hi...i just found out my date for surgery is 19 august...i live in wichita, kansas...i'm really nervous but, excited at the same time.  it seems like it's forever away doesn't it?  what type of surgery will you be having for your weight loss...i'm doing the roux-en-y gastric bypass...i've been looking through all the before and after pictures and it gives me hope that my surgery will be successful.   how much weight do you want to lose?  i have to lose at least 130...man, i haven't been under 200 lbs for at least 17 years...i was thinking about it a few years ago but, was afraid when i saw somebody with a huge scar...i kept thinking...what if i'm one of those people who don't heal right....i'm so over that now....just want to be healthy...lol...and thin...so tell me about you....would love to have a surgery buddy...so we can talk about stuff....write me when you can....cecelia
dragonfly0911
on 6/24/09 3:26 pm
hi again....sorry...i just noticed that your doing the same surgery....talk to you soon...
vellenturner
on 6/25/09 12:18 am - New Albany, IN

Hi,

I'm having the RNY bypass surgery.  I had thought about the band, but long term information isn't out there yet and my doctor has done several revisions on people who had the band and then went on to have the RNY.  I don't know if my insurance will let me have 2 surgeries, so I'm opting for RNY and know I will do well. 

We are so close on surgery dates, we will have to stay in touch to support and help each other!

Vera-Ellen 

HOPEisHERE
on 6/25/09 4:25 am - CA
Hi there! I dont have an exact date, but the target is early mid August. Pray I get my date for August lets buddy up guys!..LOL!

HIGHEST/298- SURGERY/276- CURRENT/ 217
Sabrenia8888
on 6/25/09 4:39 am - Orlando, FL
Hey everyone - I just submitted my paperwork to the insurance company and I am hoping for a end of summer date. Whether it's July or August, I just want a date. So YES, let's all keep in contact!!!
Ms. Exquisite
"Obstacles are what we see when we take our eyes off the goal"  
vellenturner
on 6/25/09 4:41 am - New Albany, IN
Okay, I will be waiting to hear when you are having your surgery.  It seems so far away, but I know it will be here before I know it!  Let me know when your date is!  

Vera-Ellen  

vellenturner
on 6/26/09 7:23 am - New Albany, IN
I'll be looking to hear you are  having your surgery in August!  Keep us updated!

Vera-Ellen

kcropper
on 6/25/09 12:20 pm - Russellville, KY
I live in Russellville Ky and am having my surgery on Aug11 with Dr. David Dyer in Nashville. Seems like a life time but i am up for the wait. I have so much personal work to do the time will fly by  I am sure.
vellenturner
on 6/26/09 12:49 am - New Albany, IN
I too,  have a lot to do before the surgery.  I still wi**** was closer, though.  I am all fired up and have such momentum, I don't want to lose it.  I know that as the time gets closer, I'll probably start doubting my decision, but right now, I know it is the best decision I could make.

Let's keep in touch!

Vera-Ellen 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Terrified of gaining weight back
Jilly_Bean · 2 replies · 1088 views
Almost 3 years out
pearls92 · 2 replies · 1062 views
I'm around
InkdSpEdTchr · 2 replies · 885 views
My Dr. Appointment
3jsmom · 1 replies · 845 views