HOW ARE ALL OF YOU DOING NOW?

Tammy R.
on 9/29/08 8:05 pm - Orem, UT
JUST CURIOUS TO SEE WHERE WE ALL ARE AT...I'M STILL 250 LBS DOWN...BUT NEED TO START EXCERCISING AGAIN...EATING BETTER, ETC.
STILL OFF OF FLOUR AND SUGAR.
diananoreika
on 10/1/08 3:53 am - Parkville, MD
On my 5 year anniversary I was 189 pounds ( my lowest weight to date)which is a total loss of 171 ugly pounds.  It has been a hard struggle but well worth it.  I am still a sugar addict and work everyday to avoid it.   My hips & legs look like melted candle wax and I HATE my thinner body and was very fond of the larger one except for the fact that it didnt fit into chairs easily.

I am still very happy I chose WLS, only wish I did it earlier!!!!

Diana
RNY 9/17/03
360/189/still aiming at 180
Tammy R.
on 10/2/08 7:33 am - Orem, UT
Isn't it incredible though? Five years! I was dying from my diebetes, enlarged organs...etc. The surgery helped take care of all of those things - and I haven't had to have an insulin shot since the day of my surgery.

Today, I am starting the five day pouch test. I realize that though I still eat sugar/flour free, I may eat too much, have started to graze, and have gravitated towards "slider" foods that are more palatable to me. So I feel the need to get back on track. Not just for weight, but for my emotional and spiritual recovery as well.

Yes, lol, my legs look like candle-wax as well...not to mention that when I was pregnant two years ago...my stomach, when raised by the pregnancy, looked like I had a "ball-chinnion" (Men-in Black alien...if you saw the movie). Ha ha ha ha. Me and my family would just laugh. I also have a hernia from the surgery, and the baby looked like she had a cone-head from the outside - LOL. Oh, well...battle scars. :)

My husband calls me his "sexy Sharpe" - which is sweet.

So...good luck at the sugar addiction. I absolutely know what that is like...and I'm glad I'm not living in that today...by the grace of God.
Tracey
on 11/4/08 7:39 pm - NY
Melted candle wax is a great analogy for what my legs look like also. I am frustrated because I am above where I should be and really need to get back at  being healthy. I turned 40 last February, and it seems I am falling apart in  more ways than one. At my five year check yesterday (2 months late), the PA asked me what qualified me for the surgery 5 years ago; and for the life of me, I could not remember! I never had the high blood pressure, I had borderline high cholesterol, no diabetes, no sleep apnea, just 100 pounds above accepted weight. I had dieted since I was 17 with varied results but none that lasted. Five years ago bariatric surgery was new to our area. Our area is very rural with a huge population of extremely obese people. It was all new and not so strict in the guidelines as to what qualified you for surgery.

I just need to be in touch with peers here and get busy again.
Tammy R.
on 11/4/08 11:17 pm - Orem, UT
I am also not where I would like to be...and I have a big hernia from the surgery as well. Still, my quality of life is so much better.
     My surgeon treated this like an addiciton. Strict instructions for no flour, potatoes, or sugar (including honey, fructose, etc.). I have kept to those guidelines still, but tend to graze, and eat 1 to 1 1/2 cups @ meals. I would like to be down 30 lbs. That would mean more exercise...and back to basics (protein, vegetables).That is what I will be working for, with a few modifications.
     I am still attractive ( so the men & my husband says, LOL), but self-esteem comes from within...and I want to be smaller and healthier.

How are you doing with your food and portions? 
Most Active