Recent Posts

Emily H.
on 7/17/14 7:18 am
Topic: RE: 5 years - Congratulations Folks!

wow, can you believe i just now saw your reply?! did you get surgery mommydearest74?1

Emily H.
on 5/20/13 8:01 pm
Topic: Finally starting to relax about weight Finally!

I actually forget I had the surgery sometimes!

pre-op for years and years WLS was my main focus in life - after family and job. 

Hope you are all doing good!

emily h*
10-27-04 rny

doglover
on 6/2/11 10:19 am - Glendale, Az
Topic: Major nausea after last stomach flu 2 months ago
i had surgery in 03, and was doing great. I have had two major stomach flu issues and cannot get rid of the nausea after the last session. Only dry heaves, but constant, making me think it is coming from the severed stomach no longer in use. Any ideas?
patti72
on 3/10/11 7:51 am - MA
Topic: RE: Roll Call & Update
 Hello everyone, my surgery was on 10-6-03 and I was a total sucess story going from a top 294pds down to 134pds in 2 yrs with no complications at all. Needless to say in the last year or so i am back up to 200pds. I can eat anything and everything and I am sod epressed over it. So I am now seeking a revision. I went for a consult and my doctor said my pouch might have grown back onto my stomach and reopened to form the old stomach I use to have. He says it happens alot in gastric bypasses done 6 yrs or more ago. Never heard this before has anyone else? So I am going for a upper GI tomorrow to check it out and if it has he will do a revision on my RNY so I will start from square one again. I just wanted to tell you that maybe if you are regaining go have a upper GI done and see if this is happening to you too. I will keep you all posted.
Patti
Open RNY 10/06/03
Lost 134pds
Ancor Cut TT 07/18/07

patti72
on 1/29/11 7:09 am - MA
Topic: RE: Weight gain??
 Hello,
 I am 8 years post op. Before surgery i was 304pds, 4 yrs after surgery I was 134pds now 8 yrs later I am 194pds. I can eat anything I want and it has brought me back to my original appiate. I am not proud and very discouraged. I am now considering a revision. Try and get back to protein shakes and alot of water. Exercise, and work hard for the body you wanted for so long. Good luck.
Patti
Open RNY 10/06/03
Lost 134pds
Ancor Cut TT 07/18/07

mommydearest74
on 10/20/09 5:30 am - windsor , Canada
Hello let me start by saying congratulations on your anniversary.

You don't know me my name is Linda and I am new at this I am thinking of getting the surgery done I wanted to ask because it has been such a long time, looking back do you or have you ever regret what you did? was it a long recovery? have you gained any weight back and do you find it being a struggle? Or do you think you have a handle on it?

thanks very much for your time 
judyguay
on 6/17/09 12:24 pm - Nashville, GA
Topic: RE: 4 yrs and keep gaining
Martha,  How are things going?  Did the protein shakes work for your jump-start? Judy
Pacia B
on 10/31/08 4:06 pm

Yes it is hard to believe--5 years! wow!

I've been down on myself for STILL not being at my personal goal weight, but i am finally low enough that I'm scheduled for my plastics in December!!!  

Happy Anniversary to you and everyone.
Emily H.
on 10/28/08 2:30 am
Topic: 5 years - Congratulations Folks!
So hard to believe isn't it?!

I have been down on myself for gaining a few pounds this last year.  But my anniversary date made me think about 5 yrs ago and how unhealthy I was.  I surely would've gained way more then a few pounds.

I sometimes take this for granted.
Glad I had the reminder of what a gift I was able to give myself!

Happy Anniversary Everyone

emily h*
10-27-04 rny

KTRNAGAR
on 6/13/08 10:50 am - Raleigh, NC
Topic: RE: Roll Call & Update
Hi!! My surgery was also 10/8/2003 and I went from 324 to 158 lbs.The only time I went lower was in 2005 when I got braces and couldn't eat I went down to 148lbs.I looked sick!! But since then I stay around 156-158 depending on the time of the month..I went from a size 28 at lane bryant to a size 8.The only exercise I do is dancing when I go out and roller-skating and chasing my 4 yr old nephew around..How's everyone else doing?...
Most Active
Recent Topics