Recent Posts

bethlaf
on 11/6/06 2:56 am - north central, WI
Topic: RE: Back to Basics...?
50 grams of protein should be fine for you at this poiunt stay around 1500 cals for losing, ( remember the 1/3 discard) get plenty of calcium vitamins and b 12, i take a sublingual daily chart it , just like before ... just like dieting any time, document and regulate yourself, measure/weigh portions, same old hat, you know what to do to lose it .... ive had several tell me "go back to shakes" for a week ... so you could try that too.... good luck!
PegiF
on 10/21/06 7:14 am - Lexington, NC
Topic: RE: Back to Basics...?
Hi Janice!! I THINK that we need between 60-90 g of protein a day. I dont know about the carbs, tho. Our nutritionist simply told us to eat protein first, then veggies, and if we had roon, THEN the potatoes or whatever. She tried to help us steer away from carbs, but told us that if we made them the forbidden fruit, they would be what we wanted most. I still take about 1000 mg of calcium a day and 2 multi vitamins, and I take 150 mg of Iron twice a week. I just had labs done 2 weeks ago and everything looked great except B-12. It was in the floor. I had to get a shot that day, another in a week and I have to have one once a month from now on. Have you had blood work lately to check your levels? Good luck. Pegi 283/135
jankben1
on 10/20/06 12:18 pm - Orangevale, CA
Topic: Back to Basics...?
Hello everyone. Happy anniversary month! I never reached goal, but I have pretty much kept off the 125 lbs I did lose until this last summer. I have probably gained back about 20 lbs. I need to cut the crap and get back to basics, but it has been so long that my memory is fuzzy as to exactly what the Basics are! Can anyone refresh my memory? How much protein and water should we have? How many carbs? I am still taking vitamins, but don't know if I am taking enough. Thanks! Janice
krispers
on 10/9/06 12:08 pm - Modesto, CA
Topic: RE: regular posters?
hi Dyanna.... happy surgiversary to you.... we celebrate the same day!!! hooray for us!
Dyanna
on 10/9/06 1:26 am - Braceville, IL
Topic: 3 Years Today! :-)
Hi everyone. I am post op 3 years today. I am so glad that I had this surgery. Life is so much better now. I started at 217 and now bounce withing 150-158. I know if I cut the crap carbs out I can drop another 10-15 lbs, but old habits die hard. My husband is now looking into this surgery for himself. We will have to see how this goes for him. Take care all. Hopefully soon I can get the pictures updated. Still haven't figured out how to get them in.
Dyanna
on 10/9/06 1:21 am - Braceville, IL
Hi there. Dyanna here. I am post op 3 years today!! Yippeee!! I started at 217lbs and now run 150-158lbs. I can tolerate just about anything, except reheated meat. No leftovers for me. I have noticed that I have also been eating crap carbs. Really hard to drop the old habits. I don't post much these days. I am a mother of 2 and trying to finish my MBA while working. My husband has decided to look into this surgery for himself, so here we go again! Take care.
(deactivated member)
on 10/2/06 1:07 pm - TX
Topic: RE: Advise Please !!
Me too! I am now going to start back to the basics. I got down to 212, now I am 228, and the clothes feel tight, oh, I hate that feeling! Today was my first day of the low carbs and high proteins again. Lets all try and see how we do, I have been living in the comfort zone for too long now, I am ready to try again. We can Do IT!!!!!!!!!!! D
PaulaBigLoser
on 8/23/06 6:48 am - Metro Atlanta, GA
Hi there...I'm joining the thread as I'm struggling too...I at surgery (10/14/06) my weight was 362lbs. I had weighed as much as (documented) 386.5 prior to that. I saw 165 on the scale in around May of 2005...that was my lowest weight...stayed around 170 - 175 for several months and then...wham-o...25-30 lbs gain...I got up to 198.5 and have been working really hard to get it back off and I'm back down to about 188...I excercise (vigorously) a total of 5 - 6 times a week, walk/run a total about about 20 miles a week and lift weights 3 -4 times a week...it SUCKS that I wasn't born with the metabolism of a racehorse...but I REFUSE to go back where I was. I saw your earlier post about buying the Marathon book by Jeff Galloway...I've met and spoken with him in person and he's such a great guy. I hope you make it ot your Marathon goal! Paula Lap RNY 10/14/03 362/188/???
cedar57
on 7/18/06 7:25 pm - Yukon, OK
Topic: RE: hello fellow Oct "03 babies!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hi Renita, I had surgery in October 2003 also. I had costochondritis BEFORE the surgery so it had nothing to do with the WLS. I have not had it since the surgery and my doctor said it was inflammation in the connective tissue between the ribs which is more common in women than in men, and it just happens. ps - I am terrible about keeping my profile up also.
krispers
on 7/16/06 1:26 am - Modesto, CA
i'm with ya there.... I still haven't broken into the "one"der land....will be there eventually... i tend to take the long way home... lol... i've been walking daily...at least 2.6 miles and on weekends trying to do at least 5 on sat/sun glad to see i'm not alone... (but sorry you're struggling too)
Most Active
Recent Topics