Recent Posts

Tonya W.
on 12/10/03 1:17 pm - Grand Prairie, TX
Topic: RE: Yea Yea Yea
Congrats. May your down hill slope stay steep.
Tonya W.
on 12/10/03 1:16 pm - Grand Prairie, TX
Topic: RE: What if it doesnt work!
I had my surgery on 10/7, I went from 260 to 220 (give or no don't take by the time of day). I look at the weight planner and listen to others. I did not make the weight I had set on the planner. I worked hard at it too. I listen to people as far out as me who have lost so much more. I think it is because they started out heavier. That's the story I tell myself anyway. I haven't pushed it much, but I have not gotten sick by passing my limits. Just do like me and consider it a plateau. It too shall pass. Even if you do get discouraged. I know I do. Good Luck.
jankben1
on 12/10/03 1:03 pm - Orangevale, CA
Topic: RE: What if it doesnt work!
I have been worried about the same thing! I am 6 wks post op and can eat anything (including sugar- although I haven't pushed it too far to see how much sugar I can eat). I also can eat more than I expected to, and have to fight the urge to graze. I have lost 28 lbs, which seems like a lot until I compare it to how much others have lost at 6 weeks. I have an appointment with my surgeon tomorrow. I am hoping he will tell me this is all normal! Janice
Nancy S.
on 12/10/03 12:54 pm - Wilmington/Sabina, OH
Topic: What if it doesnt work!
Six weeks post-op and I can eat almost anything. I don't get sick, don't get nauseous. And it seems like I can eat and drink more than I should be able to fit in my little stomach. What if it's not little enough? Can it stretch? I am scared! This surgery is my last hope, and if it fails I'll just die. I have lost 37 pounds, but have been stuck there since the day before Thanksgiving! What if this is all I lose? I feel like I am at my "failure point". The most I have ever lost is 40 lbs, which I gained back in less than a year. Did I go through all of this, to find that I still have to diet and fail like all the times before? Someoone, PLEASE, tell me this is normal! Nancy
Debbie P.
on 12/10/03 7:32 am - Atlanta, GA
Fantastic!!!! Keep up the great work!
shbama
on 12/10/03 6:58 am - Brandon, Fl
Congtratulations to you. That is awesome. Hopefully it will go quicker for you..Sharon
Tanya T.
on 12/10/03 3:17 am - mesa, az
Topic: Yea Yea Yea
Hi All, The scale has started it's slow decent once again. I steped on the scale and low and behold it said 296.0!!!!! I thought I was going to fall of the thing. It has been sitting at 300.0 for 3 1/2 weeks!!!!! I am so glad to see a new number. I atribute it to the masive amout of water I am gaging down and that I am back to exercising (had to take a week and a half off due to incision pain). Thank you Lord for making that darn thing move again. Tanya T
westexasgirl
on 12/9/03 4:01 am - Odessa, TX
Topic: RE: Roll Call.....
Hello to everyone. I had a lap RNY on 10/7/03 and have done really well I think. I have lost 50 lbs at this point. I love this tool that is helping me to finally loose weight! I have gone from a size 24 (snug) down to a 20, which is really a bit big. All of my clothes are hanging on me but I don't mind a bit right now. My biggest problem is getting in all of my water and protein. Another problem is mentally getting where I don't want to eat for comfort, etc. I had always eaten any time something bothered me, wish my surgeon could have "fixed my head" also.
Amy S.
on 12/8/03 9:47 pm - Hillsboro, or
Topic: RE: Having trouble eating more than 3 cups of food a day
Yep! Exactly what everyone said. 3 cups is a LOT to get down in one day! I too eat about 1/2-1/4 cup at each meal, and I eat 4-6 times a day. But It IS very very tough between eating, drinking your water and getting all the pills/vitamins in. Keep it up! sounds like you're doing great! Amy 349/295/180 RNY 10/22/03
weightlossdiva
on 12/8/03 2:56 pm - Tinley Park, IL
Topic: Insurance problems
Hello to all and congratulations on all of you for taking charge of your lives. My name is Tema and i'm new to this site and would like to know if any of you other then Brandy were able to get the surgery without having insurance and how did that work. Please let me know. I'm 38 yrs old with a host of medical problems and know that this surgical procedure could really help me a lot but have no job and no insurance and just wondered if there was any program out there that would give me the chance to get this done. Thanks
Most Active
Recent Topics