Surgery Date Nov 4th

debra B.
on 10/22/03 2:19 am - Arab, AL
I can't believe how soon it will be until my surgery date. Please keep me in your prayers. I have 3 wonderful daughters ages 7, 12 & 14. My husband and children mean so much to me. This surgery is for me. I loss both my parents when I was a child and I want to be around for my children for a very long time. I have complete peace and I thank God for my surgeon (Dr. Freeman). God is so good.
Juanita G.
on 10/22/03 5:15 am - Gaithersburg, MD
Congratulations Debra! Our surgery dates are approaching soon...but the life long benefit of the surgery will be well worth the wait. I will keep you in my prayers in regards to a speedy recovery with no complications. Good luck to you and keep in touch. God is good--all the time! Soon to be apart of the losers club! -Juanita
Eileen S.
on 10/22/03 9:52 am - San Diego, CA
Debra, I am right there with you on the fear thing. I don't have children, but I have my husband. The thought of leaving him behind is just overwhelming. He is my life, my partner, my best friend. I know that God is in control, but still it's my nature to worry. I know there are others who are like (and this is a good thing, not putting anyone down) "woohoo, so many days till my surgery, I can't wait". Well, I can wait. However, I know this is the right thing. I just have a lot of fears. I figure I just have to look at it as jump in with both feet and pray I land on them! I too am having my surgery on 11/4. I will pray for us!
crosstickle
on 10/22/03 11:07 am - 1000 islands area, Canada
Hi Debra: Congratulations! My surgery is one day after yours. New butterflies soon! Michelle
Priscillamylove
on 10/22/03 11:11 pm - Lindstrom, MN
Congratulations on your surgery date! Mine is also November 4th! That is so good that you are at peace with your decision. I also have peace about my choice & I know that peace has come from God. Without Him I could not face this surgery. God Bless!
D. A.
on 10/23/03 8:29 am - Zion, IL
Hi Debra, I too have the surgery date of Nov 4th at 12:30. It is really close about 13 days now. I have to admit I have the fear factor, I have 5 children ages 17, 16, 13, 12 and 11 and I am worried about them should something go wrong. I have talked to them so they are sort of prepared if you can in fact be prepared for something like this. We all pray and they say a prayer for me everyday. I kind of feel guilty for having to put them through this type of worry, I know my husband has fears also but he would never tell me because he knows then I would worry even more because he's worried (I am a classic worrier it is in my nature) I hope I can get to the having peace stage before the surgery date is upon me. We all need to remember to get up and get moving, walk as soon as possible after the surgery. We will all be fine and let's all flood the heavens with prayers for a complication free surgery and speedy recovery for each and every wls patient everywhere. Sincerely, Dorinda Positive thinkers club
Most Active
Recent Topics
7 Years
Steve L. · 0 replies · 622 views
Would you do it again?
Jersey917 · 2 replies · 708 views