Recent Posts

stargazer B.
on 1/23/04 1:48 pm - lomita, CA
Topic: 9 weeks post op......can eat alot more...a little worried
I am eating alot more than i was the first 8 weeks. I can tolerate every type of food... i have never thrown up, and i am also at a weight loss holding patern. I am wondering if someone would post what they eat in a typical day snacks included.
stargazer B.
on 1/23/04 1:43 pm - lomita, CA
Topic: RE: too slow
I had my surgery on November 24th, i started at 335 pounds, and have only lost 32 pounds. i actually gained a couple of pounds..... if thats even possible. I have not lost a pound in 2 weeks. I am able to eat alot more food though now. So even though its not close to what i ate before, I am getting more down. I too would love to get some feedback on the same issue.
lupe L.
on 1/23/04 12:04 pm - kansas city, mo
Topic: RE: 11/20/2003 2 months out
Tisha, great weight loss, keep up the good work! When someone finally comes up with a answer of why the hips are hurting, please let a sister know! Shariyun 287/233/155 p.s I did go to the mall today to buy a pair of jeans that were to small so I would have something to look forward to, to fit in, and I got a pair of regular size 16 Tommy jeans, amazingly enough I will be able to fit them next week, two weeks tops b/c the Tommy skirt that I bought as well is only one size up and it fits. Can we say Woohoo!!
garywill
on 1/23/04 9:23 am - Sun Valley, NV
Topic: only obese
I am no longer morbidly obese or severly obese. I am now just OBESE! My BMI has gone from 43 to 34.7 in 8 weeks and my weight from 297 to 242.5.
Ruby W.
on 1/23/04 8:41 am - Wildwood, Fl
Topic: RE: too slow
Your doing just fine, everyone moves at there on pace and you may need to relize that the heavier people are the faster the pounds come off at first. I weighed 334 and have lost 50lbs. my surgery to was 11/18 but I started out almost a 90 lbs more than you. So take it a little at a time it will all work out for you. SO as you see I have a long ways to get to 219 wish I was there it can't come soon enough, as I am sure you are wishing for a much lower weight also. Bottom line it is going in the right direction we just have to follow our diets and be patient. Good luck. And don't get discouraged.
CANDY C.
on 1/23/04 7:52 am - SCHUYLERVILLE, NY
HI STACY, THANKS, I HAD MY SURGERY DONE IN SARATOGA SPRINGS, NY. HOW IS YOUR WEIGHT LOSS GOING? I THINK THAT I DEFINITELY HAVE TO EXERICSE MORE.
elfqueen
on 1/23/04 6:33 am - Rochester, NH
Topic: RE: Help!
Hi, i had my surgery on 11/14 and i can basically within reason eat anything i want now. i have lost 74 lbs so far and i lose about 2-4 lbs. aweek. i eat steak, chicken, pork, like 3 oz. and then like 1/2 oz each of rice and veggie. it's not alot of carb and veggie but it makes me feel like a regular human being. i don't know all your restrictions but my doctor is very pleased with my progress and i don't get bored any more like the last phase i was on. i can't do protien shakes, hate them and won't drink them. so you might want to try a little variety and see where that takes you. i don't get hungry and i am happy 98 percent of the time!! good luck!! Stacy
Sleepyone
on 1/23/04 3:16 am - Lytle, TX
Topic: RE: Happy Birthday to me!
OOPS!! In my message, I stated my surgery date was 11/22/03, it was 11/11/03. PS. Hubby finially did remember, and came home with a portable cd player that I've been wanting for my new walking routine! He's out of the doghouse...for now. Leah
Darlene D.
on 1/23/04 2:38 am - CT
Hi, My name is Darlene and I had my surgery on 11/10/03 and I am down 41 and a half pounds today. I am loosing slow also but have changed the way I have been eating by being more strict with weighing and measuring my food and it has seemed to help. I get on the treadmill and walk about two or three times a week if that. I make sure I get 64oz of water or more in a day and my hair is doing ok, just a little thinning, but it was thin to begin with. I am happy for everyones success and hope we all continue to loose and be happy and healthy. Darlene 309/267/135ish
Tisha E.
on 1/23/04 2:02 am - Ashland, KY
I had a lap band done on 11/24/03 and am down 44 pounds so far! I am very pleased with that and am wearing a pair of size 18 Levi's today that have been in my closet for about 7 years that have looked so small to me that I thought, "I'll never get my big, old butt into those!" But, today I did!! What is the deal with the hips hurting? Mine hurt at night when I lay on my side. Is it a vitamin deficiency or something? Tisha 252/208/160
Most Active
Recent Topics
7 Years
Steve L. · 0 replies · 622 views
Would you do it again?
Jersey917 · 2 replies · 708 views