Recent Posts

garywill
on 11/26/13 6:54 am - Sun Valley, NV
Topic: RE: I have lost 104 pounds (d...

Updating my post of 1-15-2006 - Yesterday was my 10 years.  Mostly everything has been good except I had a hernia repaired and also my gallbladder removed in 2011.  I heard some docs remove it during the surgery - mine didn;t.  Had major complications from the gallbladder but it was new surgeon's fault.  He nicked my lung and my bile duct.  Had to go to ER and had 2 admissions of 3 and 6 days before they found out what the problem.  My weight had gone down to 151 and had a hard time gaining it back.   I am now 171 but would like to be 175-180.  The problems were not because of the RNY.  I can't eat a large meal.  I usually eat half and finish in about 15 minutes.  Other than the problem in 2011 it has been a good 10 years.  I probably would be dead now if I hadn't done this. 

Dawn
on 12/4/11 8:47 am - Salem, IL
Topic: RE: Would you do it again?
I don't know if I would do the RNY again, but WLS was right for me.
ollie1shoe
on 5/13/11 10:12 am, edited 5/13/11 10:14 am
Topic: RE: Almost 4 yrs post-op...need help
hey everyone i am almost 8 years out from gastric bypass i have kinda feel back into bad habits i lost 128 lbs in 6 months but for the past 4 years i have gained back almost 40 pound of it back 
 i am so disgusted with my self  i go wanting something to eat a lot and nothing i eat seems to fulfill my need for foodi am stressed at home a lot of unhappy times have been around me  thats partially my problem can anyone tell me how they have relost the pounds  after they start gaining like i have  thanks  any help would be appreciated  
Steve L.
on 11/3/10 10:57 pm - lynnwood, WA
Topic: RE: Would you do it again?
I understand your frustration. I too have the apron. It would be nice to have it removed. I am a 52 yr old married male so I don't have to impress my wife with six pack abs.:). It would make me feel better personally. But I have better health. I don't get that full feeling either and have put on about 50 lbs since my surgery. Mainly because I have gone back to old behaviors.

Would I have the surgery again. A resounding yes. I am able to do things I was not able to do while fat. I  have a new career as an alcohol/drug counselor at a high school. that I love.It has been 7 years. I went from 437 lbs to 230 lbs - my lowest and now sit at 295 lbs.

It is a struggle but I believe it is better than where I was. I hope you do well and wish you a good health. You can do it.

BTW - it is good to vent.

Steve Londino

Steve L.
on 11/3/10 10:43 pm - lynnwood, WA
Topic: 7 Years
WOW I Cannot believe it has been seven years. Things have been going pretty good. I have gained some weight back but still feeling good. Since then I have changed careers - 2004 I became an Alcohol/Dug Counselor. Another type of addiction. I work in a high school. Best job ever. I have gotten back into hiking and snowshoeing. Overall just feeling better. One bump I had was afew years ago. I had a new surgery that was supposed to make my pouch smaller.by stapleing the inside of my stomach.  I cannot remember what it was called but it did not work It cost 10,000.00 I paid. The staples did not hold afer a month. Oh Well, it did help me loose some weight so I look at it as going to "rehab" :)

I still look back at my "birthday" as a good thing. One piece of advice - this is not a magic bullett. I have to watch what I eat of will go back. I have gained the weight because I have gone back to old behaviors like eatting junk. It is still a struggle.

If you have just had the surgery or are thinking about it. It will change your life either good or bad. It is up to you.

295 current weight       starting weight 437.

Good luck to all. You can do it.
Jersey917
on 2/14/10 8:08 am - Saddle Brook, NJ
Topic: Would you do it again?
Just curious... If you had to do it again, would you?... I honestly don't think I would... Yeah, I lost weight, initially, but then gained a bunch back... Plus I completely lost that sensation of being "full" and I find myself hungry constantly... I may not be able to eat the portion size I used to, but if I don'****ch, I find myself eating tons of small meals all day long... I WANT THE SENSATION OF BEING FULL AGAIN...

I now have acid reflux, which I never had before either... I should've went with the stupid diets instead of this surgery... I would've lost slower, but then I wouldn't have this flap of a stomach either!... Insurance won't pay because it's not "big enough"... Just how big is big on a stomach that looks like an apron?...

Just venting... I just wish I either never had it, or went with the lap band that could've been removed...
Heidi S.
on 9/29/09 2:36 am - Sheboygan, WI
Topic: Had to be put on TPN nutritional supplement
I just recently had my 3rd hernia surgery and was dehydrated etc.  my little outlet was down to 3mm.  I was unable to eat anything.  They dialated it to 10mm and also found an ulcer.  So I am currently on the TPN and it sucks having VNA come toyour house.  I was down to 114 and no energy.  My weight I'm suppposed to be at is around125.  I'm slowly gaining weight, but sometimes I wonder if it was all worth this?  Anyone having this much trouble at this stage?
jkosmatka
on 11/10/08 2:44 am - Greenfield, WI
Topic: RE: Happy 5-year anniversary, everyone!
Happy 5 years!  I am so excited to be this far along with no major health issues and very little weight gain. I began my journey weighing 229 the day of my surgery, I weighed in this morning at 137 and wear a size 6.  My lowest point was about 124-125 but I felt I was too thin, I am very comfortable were I am now and have maintained this weight for about 3 years.   I love to be able to go into my closet at the start of a new season and still be able to fit into my clothes from the previous year!    I hope everyone else is doing well too!!

Jennifer
(deactivated member)
on 11/6/08 10:12 am - TN
Topic: Happy 5-year anniversary, everyone!
I am five years out from my DS and maintaining with a less than 9% regain. I wear a size 8 pant (down from a 26). I exercise 5 times a week and my Wii fit age is 19 years less than my real age.

I love my life!
deborah Husted
on 9/29/08 12:54 am - painted post, ny
Topic: RE: How do we feel
i have the chest pains too? werd
e mail me [email protected]
i would love to talk on the phone with you
Most Active
Recent Topics
7 Years
Steve L. · 0 replies · 620 views
Would you do it again?