Recent Posts

Heidi B.
on 1/21/04 8:57 pm - Orland Park, IL
Topic: RE: too slow
You have lost 40 lbs, I think that is right around where most of us are. Are you near your period? I know when I had mine last I was stuck at a certain weight until it passed. I am not a doctor, I am just guessing by my own experience. Don't get depressed you are doing great! Hope I have helped some Heidi
elfqueen
on 1/21/04 6:42 pm - Rochester, NH
Topic: RE: 11/20/2003 2 months out
Hi Candy, I had surgery on11/14 as well. Congrats for your weight loss. where did you have yours done? mine was in Portsmouth NH. it is funny to think we were going under the knife at two different places at the same time!!
lisa57
on 1/21/04 5:28 pm - old forge, pa
Topic: too slow
i am getting really depressed when i see everyone loosing way faster then me. i started at 258 and now i'm 219 and my surgery was on 11/19. can anyone give me some advice please. thanks lisa
lisa57
on 1/21/04 5:14 pm - old forge, pa
Topic: RE: Happy Birthday to me!
happy birthday and you are doing better then me my surgery was on 11/19 and i only lost 39 pounds keep up the good job lisa
Ms Melanie
on 1/21/04 10:48 am - MEMPHIS, TN
Topic: RE: I need a friend....
Everything will be great. I was 2 months out as of the 20th as well. So far I have gone from 262 pounds to 216 pounds. I am so happy with the scales, but yes I do wish they read less. However, I have to remind myself that in the past it would have taken me months to lose 5 pounds. I use to wear a 24-26 but I bought a size 20 on Monday. Yes it's still a plus size, but a 20 looks a lot better to me than a 26. I will tell you that I Thank GOD for the little things. I walked 1 mile the other day for the first time in years. I can breathe better, I sleep better & I know it may be too much info ....but I no long weez while having SEX & I can move better (LIFE IS SO GOOD). But I say all of this to say to you "Be Thankful for the Little Things. You've come a long way. Rome was not built over night & your weight was not put on in one night..(Look at me preaching as impatient as I am. But I try to stay positive ..(One of my New Years Resolutions)...)" Good Luck & God Bless
lupe L.
on 1/21/04 9:40 am - kansas city, mo
Topic: RE: Happy Birthday to me!
HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY! IT'S YOUR BIRTHDAY, SHAKE YOUR BOOTY! GURL BE PROUD OF YOU WONDERFUL 43 POUNDS GONE FOREVER! CELEBRATE BEING 35 YEARS YOUNG REGARDLESS OF *****MEMBERS! -shariyun
lupe L.
on 1/21/04 9:18 am - kansas city, mo
WOWSERS....everyone is doing so great! Even though I don't know anyone who had responded I am VERY proud of each and every one of you! We all have little things that are bugging us are our weight loss or little things that we are having problems doing, but like one poster said as long as the weight is coming off, all is GOOD! I finally came to the conclusion that we all lose at different rates. So regardless if you are a so called "slow loser" or "fast loser", you have nothing but support from my side of the loser game!
Sleepyone
on 1/21/04 9:03 am - Lytle, TX
Topic: Happy Birthday to me!
I'm 35 today. Hubby forgot! Oh well, I've lost 43 lbs and I'm feeling great. My surgery was 11/22/03. I'm not losing as fast as I'd like, but I haven't been exercising until recently, so hopefully that'll speed things up. Also working on increasing my fluids, think that'll help alot too. Hubby had surgery on 10/21/03 and has lost 76 lbs! Wish I could catch him! Leah Booth 306/263/135ish RNY LAP Dr Hargroder, Plaquemine, LA
Sleepyone
on 1/21/04 8:54 am - Lytle, TX
Hi Candy, My name is Leah. I've been worried that my weight loss is too slow also. I had surgery on 11/11/03 and I've lost 43 lbs. You had surgery after me, and you've lost more than me. I think as long as we're losing at a steady pace, we'll be ok. I've just started a regular exercise routine, and I think it's helping to speed things up for me. My husband had surgery on 10/21/03, just 3 months ago and has lost 76 lbs. I'm really happy for him, but it's so frustrating watching him lose so fast and me so slow! I also think I haven't been getting enough fluids, which has probably prevented me from losing as fast as I should, so I'm trying to take in more fluids. Leah Booth 306/263/135ish
CANDY C.
on 1/21/04 8:27 am - SCHUYLERVILLE, NY
HI MY NAME IS CANDY AND I'D LIKE TO CONGRATULATE YOU ON YOUR WEIGHT LOSS. MY SURGERY WAS 11/14/03. I'M TRYING TO SEE HOW OTHERS WHO HAVE HAD THE SURGERY IN NOVEMBER ARE DOING. I'M DOWN 45.5LBS. IT JUST SEEMS THAT A LOT OF PEOPLE ARE DOING BETTER. DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEAS?
Most Active
Recent Topics
7 Years
Steve L. · 0 replies · 621 views
Would you do it again?
Jersey917 · 2 replies · 708 views