Recent Posts

Karry
on 4/12/05 4:07 am - Argyle, NY
Topic: Prayers Needed!!!
I would like eveyone to pray for my dad...he is going to start radiation treatments next week. He had prostate cancer 3 years ago and has been free and clear all this time, till his last PSA test came back with high levels. He will have to go through 39 treatments at 15 min a shot. The radiologist says he has a 50/50 chance. They have to be careful seeing that the radiation is near his kidneys and baldder. So please all, keep my dad in your prayers. I appreciate it. Karry
dgrant
on 4/12/05 2:19 am - Akron, OH
Topic: RE: explain this to me
thanks for the encouragement I sure needed it.
Diane H N
on 4/12/05 12:40 am - Merrimack, NH
Topic: RE: Teach me -
I've been away from the board for a couple days and was just checking back. I'm sorry to hear of the troubles you're having - you're in my thoughts. diane
Moma V.
on 4/12/05 12:11 am - Frogtown, OH
Topic: RE: Roll Call
ooops and I am 5'6 on most days.
Moma V.
on 4/12/05 12:08 am - Frogtown, OH
My highest wt was 348 lbs, I lost 30lbs in 4 months prior to surgery. I had my surgery in Cincinnati, Ohio and my surgeons name is Dr. Trace Curry. I am down -90 since surgery ! and -120 from my highest wt. I'm still a fattie, but a much lighter one now. I have had a recent slowdown in weight loss also, but I can see where my shoulders have gotten smaller, my bra's are once again getting too big around, trying to keep "them" rolled up in place...lol I'm no longer a "solid fat" but am quickly turning squishy "c'mere little squishy" quoting Dora there. lol Oh and if anyone is still fighting for a protein supplement, I found a good one that you can check out through my www button. I love this stuff, less than 3 oz's and 25 g's of protein. Tastes good also, good enough I wish that it was a full size drink at times. Hugs & prayers,
mrs.3m
on 4/11/05 11:08 pm - Mesa, AZ
I am 5'7" and on day of surgery I was 274. As of Sunday I am at 202. 72 lbs gone!! I want to be in the "ONEs" so bad. I have kicked up my walking in hopes of getting there by weeks end. That will be one of my goals. Next goal is the century club.
Pam T.
on 4/11/05 11:01 pm - Groton, CT
I started at 350 lbs. I am down to 271 for a total of 79 lbs. gone. I have hit some major plateaus, and was hoping to hit the century mark by my month anniversary, but am not sure now. 21 lbs. is a lot to lose in 5 weeks. But I will give it a go. I try to stay on the south beach diet to keep the carbs at bay, they really hurt me. I have also been keeping an eye on my fat content, trying to stay below 30-35%. I have not really dropped any sizes, my belly is still too big. But through my shoulders, everything is big. But I feel good, and exercise every day! Pam
mcgreen
on 4/11/05 9:45 pm - Honey Brook, PA
I can't help you with the profile but I did want to drop a line and let you know that I've been thinking of you. I know that your dad will be fine even if they need to "redo" the surgery. He's in good hands. What did the kitty's tests show? I'm very glad that you're going to take advantage of the counseling that they provide you at work. Maybe some of the workplace junk will get straightened out. Keep smiling!! Deb
mcgreen
on 4/11/05 9:40 pm - Honey Brook, PA
Topic: RE: explain this to me
Denise, As long as you're inches are going down, don't sweat it. We all lose at different rates. I've 5 months out too and have only lost 60. Keep your chin up - it will come off! Deb
Andrea P
on 4/11/05 5:48 pm - Montgomery, NY
Hi Pamela, There are people at Obesityhelp that can do it for you. If you would like your profile spruced up send an e-mail to [email protected] and they will e-mail you back a list of questions for you to answer. One of the questions will be what webset do you want. The webset is the layout design and you can find a webset for any taste by searching the web. For instance if you love horses you can search the web for "horse webset" and it will give you several places to look and you can pick from those - lots of them are free as long as you put in a link to their web page on yours and whoever creates your profile will do that for you. I hope this helps! God bless you and keep you, ~Andrea
Most Active
Recent Topics
Helloooooooooo out there!
Sphinxy · 1 replies · 812 views
where is everyone?
Moma V. · 4 replies · 1022 views
New Year coming....back on track!
Patti N · 1 replies · 856 views
Help
Jan M. · 7 replies · 1163 views
Iron deficieny
Dru B. · 4 replies · 973 views