Recent Posts

kevslilkity
on 4/11/05 4:21 pm - AL
Topic: RE: Decrease in appetite?
LOL Pardon my dumbness..... I am on the November surgery date board. DUH! Sorry! Melinda
kevslilkity
on 4/11/05 4:16 pm - AL
Topic: RE: Decrease in appetite?
We share the same surgery month. I too have had the same thing this week. No appetite, nothing is what I want. There isn't alot that I really enjoy since surgery. They weren't kidding when they said our tastes will change! Melinda
StesPaige
on 4/11/05 2:45 pm - Allen Park, MI
Topic: RE: Roll Call
Hi to everyone and congrads to you all!! I started at 5'2" and a whopping 354. I haven't gotten on the scale this month but as of my 4 month mark I was 277. Things slowed way down for me 2 months ago but I can't exercise because of back problems so I expected to loose slowly. But as long as I'm loosing I'm overjoyed. I lose about 2 to 3 pounds a week now. Good Luck to you all, Stes
Debi D.
on 4/11/05 2:43 pm - Blue Grass, IA
Topic: RE: Physically drained
Hi! I'm sorry your having such a hard time of it. But like you said it will be wonderful when you can look back on it, and see how far you have come!! I wanted to post to your problem with getting water down. I too was having that problem. I buy whole lemons, cut them in fourths and depending on how lemony you like it, feel your glass with ice, squeeze 1/4 to 1/2 a lemon into it then fill with water, if you like it sweet add splenda to your taste preference, then put it in a shaker and shake it like they do at the fair...it is soo yummy. I don't always put splenda in mine, I like the taste of lemon water. I use those plastic disposable cups you buy for picnics, it makes a suction and you can shake it. Wishing you the best on your journey and hoping your arthritis flair-up ends very soon. Debi
Debi D.
on 4/11/05 2:33 pm - Blue Grass, IA
Topic: RE: Roll Call
Hi Everyone! Wow what a bunch of losers I am 5'6" I had lost 19 lbs. before surgery, I went into sugery weighing 260. I now weigh 205, and waiting impatiently to slide under 200. I feel like I've been a sloooow loser, but I also have not been faithful with my exercising. I confess. Just can't seem to get into a routine. I like to walk, but need to do more of it. Hopefully nicer weather will help this problem. I have very much enjoyed all the compliments and being able to wear 16's and 18's feels pretty darn good. I would love to get down to a 10!! Way to go Gang! TTFN~Debi 260/205/150?
Debi D.
on 4/11/05 2:14 pm - Blue Grass, IA
Topic: RE: Oh yeah - say it with me - wahoo!
WAHOO!!! Congratulations! I'm doing the happy with ya!! Must feel really good to be under that 200 mark. I can't wait to follow in your foot steps. Just 5 lbs. to go!! HUGZ from one Deb to another LOL
M Louise N.
on 4/11/05 1:59 pm - Joliet, IL
Thanks for responding. I am having a hard time with the potassium. I was eating 1/2 of a banana every day but it started giving me problems. I am on the low side of iron, maybe I'll check to see what I can take for that. Sure will be glad when I can look back on all this! I even have a hard time getting my liquids down. Water doesn't taste good to me any more and I don't drink coffee or tea. I'll be thinking of you.
M Louise N.
on 4/11/05 1:54 pm - Joliet, IL
I have started back to the basics: cottage cheese, diet fruit, diet jello and protein drinks and puddings. I have my labs done on a regular basis, I am on the low side as far as iron. I have had to stop exercising due to an arthritic flare up, which I think is related to all the protein and no carbs. I have had gout twice since the surgery and this is the second flare up of arthritis. I plan on starting back tomorrow, if nothing else, I'll just walk. Thanks for taking the time to answer.
M Louise N.
on 4/11/05 1:49 pm - Joliet, IL
Gout really is a problem for me. I am on a maintenance drug for that. I started today writing down everything I eat and drink. I'm eating mainly cottage cheese with diet fruit or diet jello, sometimes a protein pudding. I know for sure I will be glad to get through this phase.
awakenalive
on 4/11/05 1:28 pm - Mountains of, CA
Topic: Teach me -
Hi everyone - Just a brief update - my7 father is still in the hospital - they think his last heart surgery may need to be "redone" a stint they put in was at a "Y" and may have dislodged or blocked the other vein... thanks for the continued prayers. My cat is still in the hospital - will have the ultrasound & blood test results back tomorrow - continued prayers appreciated there also. Made an appointment with a counselor for Wed to talk about the stresses & issues at work - Is a work supported counselor a group called "Insight" - is very useful if I need to file a grievance & to help me talk out my fears and concerns - again prayers still appreciated. My need is this - How do you guys make such amazing profiles - with the photos, backgrounds etc. etc. I'd like to do this - how can I learn? Again - MANY MANY blessings to each of you & keep up the great work!!!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Helloooooooooo out there!
Sphinxy · 1 replies · 809 views
where is everyone?
Moma V. · 4 replies · 1022 views
New Year coming....back on track!
Patti N · 1 replies · 856 views
Help
Jan M. · 7 replies · 1163 views
Iron deficieny
Dru B. · 4 replies · 973 views