too tight at 5 1/2 cc's?

jcghall
on 5/27/08 11:53 am - KY
Post Date: 5/27/08 2:11 pm I am 6 mos. post op from Lap Band and have lost 43 lbs. I am having trouble with getting food to leave my stomach. I have a 14 cc band. After the first 4cc fill, I had no trouble; my doc put in 2 more cc's and it caused vomiting daily. I was losing 4lb/week. He removed 1 cc and all was well; I gained 5 lbs back. Three weeks ago he inject 1/2 cc and all was well for a few days. Now I have trouble with almost all "real" food, however crackers, etc. do ok. My total is 5 1/2 cc. Should I be having any trouble? Am I at my sweet spot (not sure what that is)? My morning oatmeal of 3-4 small bites was still uncomfortable after 4 hours. I can't get my liquids that I need. I don't think the band has slipped or any other drastic thing has happened. I'm just full all the time. And it is sooooo uncomfortable. I need advice. The above post was on the main forum. Thanks to those who have already responded. Maybe I should call my doc tomorrow for a Thursday appt. I can drink liquids (protein shake etc.) but not much. It's food that hurts. Tonight I ate about 2 Tbs of baked potato for dinner. Also, is it usual that the fill doesn't seem too tight until a week or so later?
Ms Shell
on 6/11/08 8:29 am - Hawthorne, CA
I don't have a band but it sounds like you are definitely too tight. From what I've read your sweet spot isn't uncomfortable. You don't want to keep eating, being uncomfortable and having more problems. Call the doc. Ms Shell
Most Active
Recent Topics