peanut butter? crosspost

Sue M.
on 11/16/08 11:12 am - Nantucket, MA
I see that PB is on my pureed diet... however no mention of whether i should have low sugar/low fat peanut butter or the jar of jiffy in my cabinet is ok.... any ideas/experience?

Sue
Read my blog, BARIATHLETE   I run because I can.

First 5K race October 4, 2009   (34.59)  PR 5/22/11 (27:26)
First 5 Mile: January 1, 2011 (50:30)
First 10K: July 4, 2010 (1:03.26) New PR 4/10/11 (1:01.14)
First 10 Mile: April 11, 2010  (1:46.15)
First 1/2 marathon: June 13, 2010 (2:22.21)  PR: 5/1/11 (2:17.30)
First Marathon: October 16, 2011: 5:47:20

Goofy Challenge: January 7-8, 2012
If you think you can, you can.  If you think you can't, you're right. - Mary Kay Ash
Renée M.
on 11/16/08 11:30 am - Syracuse, NY
I am pretty sure it has to be organic?  Someone help me out here!
Renée
444.5       /   430.2    /     408.2    /    299.8     /   244.5    /     249     /  225
Highest / 07-11-08 / 11-25-08  / 06-07-09 / 03-25-10 / 01-31-11 /  STG
Debbi M.
on 11/16/08 2:09 pm - San Pedro, CA
Funny, I just had this discussion with someone today.  I would think that lower fat, low sugar would definitely be better.  I don't think the protein would be compromised, and that is what you want to get out of it.   I intend to find out since I am a peanut butter junkie... and it would be so good mixed in with my chocolate protein shakes!! I already mixed a Peanut butter protein bar in one of my shakes along with about a half cup of non-fat milk... it was delicious!!!  and 70 grms of protein... I just sipped it all day and managed  to get it all in... about 12 ounces.  Im still on my full liquid diet till I see the doctor on Thursday... I have been getting pretty creative!!  lol   Good Luck... and if you get any more peanut butter info... please share! Thanks and good luck on your journey!
Debbi

"There is not life without pain, no treasure without the hunt.... Getting things easily will never make us into the women God is calling us to be."  

checkitout
on 11/16/08 2:16 pm - Newton, NJ
Ok I am not there yet so mine is just an idea...but on this site I was told about pb2. Its made by Bell Plantation and has less fat than normal pb, I believe they squeeze or freeze the oils out. You reconstitute it with water, I plan on using some water and some SF DaVinci syrup to make a PB & J thing without the added sugar from the Jelly or even no sugar added fruits. We will see if it works.. 

Since I am not to my soft diet I have not tried it but I hear its great. I bought a jar online it's around $4.00 a jar.

Sorry, back to the question about the fat and sugar. I think it depends on your nut and your body, I was told to keep everything low in sugar and low in fat. Sometimes those two items work against each other since if the manufacturer takes fat out they add sugar and salt to make it taste better and vice versa with the removal of sugar. That may be why someone else said it needed to be natural.

Darlene E.
on 11/17/08 12:36 am - Harrow, Canada
For me there was no mention of which kind of PB to use in my shakes (I'm still not to have it alone) My BP had 1g of sugar but I decided to buy a SF/LF  PB just for me. I use it in my shakes and love it.

SINCE MY RNY NOVEMBER 10 2008

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Food Diary

Mom2aTrio
on 11/17/08 1:24 am - IN
well...I can't have until 6 mo post op per my dr's orders...BUT when I can I will be eating NATURAL PB because of the lower sugar content...and it is so good! We have a co-op (natural health food store) here in the city and they sell all sorts of natural nut butters, almond, cashew, peanut..HTH!

Jill
I can do all things through Him who strengthens me. ~ Philippians 4:13

AndreaC
on 11/17/08 10:58 am - NJ
HI, I've had PB with no problem.  I buy no sugar added, just peanuts as the only ingredient.  I heard recently of a de-fatted PB in powder form that one mixes with water.  Have yet to find it.  Regular PB has about 200 calories/2 tablespoons.  The powder is 1/4 that calorie count.  Maybe Whole Foods carries it.
jamiese.15
on 11/17/08 11:31 pm - Oklahoma City, OK
I use Smuckers natural creamy peanut butter. You have to stir in the peanut oil. It's sit on top. That's the only thing. It is really good. My doctor told me I could have creamy PB only. That was about it. He didn't really specifi a brand or other retrictions.
Hope this helps.
New Shell
on 11/18/08 12:08 am - Livermore Falls, ME
Skippy also makes a really good natural pb.  I've been buying that for a while for my kids.  No other junk in it and it has less sugar/fat grams then the regular.  I also just got in my PB2 yesterday and tried it this morning in a sf carnation instant breakfast packet with skim milk warmed.   It had a nice creamy peanut taste.  I couldn't fini**** though.

You can get the PB2 at bellplantation.com or netrition.com.  I don't believe they sell it in stores.  I wish they would because shipping is terrible for a jar of it.
Heaviest 297 / Consult 287/ Pre Op 267/ Current 189

hermance67
on 11/19/08 3:18 am - chatham, NY
on my list of approved foods it only states natural pb.

angie
Most Active
Recent Topics
Survived July 4th
spark · 0 replies · 815 views
Is it possible?
spark · 0 replies · 775 views
Back to Basics
spark · 2 replies · 1060 views
Losing Control
BooBoo139 · 0 replies · 2050 views