We are fast approching our 2 years out. How is everyone doing?

Darlene E.
on 9/10/10 5:56 am - Harrow, Canada
Have you lost all the weight you wanted? Are you at goal?  Have you had lasting complications? Would you do it again? Have you had a hard time following the "rules"? Have you regain? How have you changed since your surgery? Do you find a difference in your personality? or in your marriage/ relationships?
Do you like yourself, the new person you've become? Are you Happy?

I guess by answering these questions, I'm hoping we can see where we're at in the big WLS picture.

SINCE MY RNY NOVEMBER 10 2008

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Food Diary

boobrajean2008
on 10/14/10 8:23 am - ravenna, OH
I am still not there and I have slipped a bit but I have lost the bulk of it so if I dont get any smaller then I will still be happy but 30 more pounds would thrill me to no ends. I would still do it again Im happier and healthier then I have been in 20 years
checkitout
on 10/25/10 11:42 am - Newton, NJ
I have not lost all I wanted, I want to shed another 15 lbs. I have not had any complications, HELL YES I would do it again! I wish I had done it sooner. I don't really have a hard time eating properly, I do sometimes have a hard time not drinking something in the 30 mins before or after a meal.. I have not had any regain (thank goodness!). Since my surgery I have had other major life changes, I changed places of employment, I started a website and I am writing a cookbook.

I think my personality has changed, I have come out of my shell a bit. I think I was always afraid to be more outspoken since I was in fear of what people would think but at this point I really don't care what others think, what I think is what is important! I am happy, I have had to learn to not eat my emotions and face things head on in life. These are good skills to have and I am glad I finally learned them, I just wish I had learned them 25 years ago.  I also participated in the 2 day Avon Walk for Breast Cancer this year, it was awesome I walked a total of about 32.5 miles over the two days. I would have never been able to do that two years ago!

I also try to help others who are having issues or working to have surgery, I am trying to give back. If my OBGYN had not helped me I may have never made the choices I made so I want to pay it forward. 

I have my first real appointment in early November for plastics, my new ins may pay for some skin removal, YEA!!! So I am working on that too..

Good luck all, I hope the last two years has been as good to you as it has been to me.
Stella
TXKashmir
on 11/2/10 7:23 am - Grand Prairie, TX
I lost all the weight I wanted and then some. I am well below my goal. I haven't had any complications. HELL YES I would do it again! I have not been a model patient as far as the "rules". I have had a bit of a regain, but I needed it. I don't think I've really changed. My personality is still the same as ever. I still have the same wonderful relationships. I struggle with issues of self-love/happiness as always - losing weight did not solve all my problems - imagine that!

Happy two year surgiversary everyone!

Debbie
Keeping track of my progress without a scale...Starting size: 28-Current size: 6-Goal size: 14

sand SAND...it's not a club...it's a frame of mind...

hazmat11
on 11/6/10 8:50 pm
 I made goal plus a few which is fine with me. I feel like a teenager again. My energy is so much higher. I wish I had done it years ago. I have had some plastics and am happy. There were changes in my relationships along the way. Some for the good and some for the worse.
I do not think my personality has changed at all, I am pretty much the same but people do treat me different.
Just the fact I feel so much better makes me happier. There were a few issues in my marriage, I think my weight loss was seen as a threat but things have worked out. It seems other people had a harder time dealing with my loss than I did.
I still have another plastic surgery I want and plan to have a face lift soon. My skin is past the point of shrinking on its own. I had a thigh reduction and a lower body lift and am so glad I did.
I try very hard to follow the rules. I have a protein drink everyday and always take my vitamins. I can eat sugar and do. I do not always eat healthy but get my protein in. I have never gotten enough fluid in but it hasn't been a problem for me. I do not count calories or record what I eat ,  but weigh myself daily. If I go up , I cut back, if I go down,  I eat more. I must confess I have not exercised very much. I have been saving it for when the regain hits. I am hoping it won't.
I have gone from a size 22/24 pants to a size 2 or 4 and an occasional 0. Overall life is good.
Susie

SandieW
on 11/7/10 5:31 am - Glenside, PA
Today is my 2 year surgiversary.  I'm much happier with the way I look now, but I only lost weight for my first 6 months and was still barely halfway to my goal.  Earlier this year I really cracked down on myself and managed to lose another 15 lb and was only 20 lb from my goal but then I had a severe fibromyalgia flare that had me in bed for nearly 2 months.  I lost another couple pounds, but in order to get me functioning and back to work my rheumatologist put me on Lyrica and unfortunately it has caused me to regain 20 lb in less than 3 months.   Plus is makes me ravenously hungry and crazing sweets which is making things even harder, especially since I don't dump.  Any suggestions from you who are down to single-digit sizes?  I'm still a 14-16 and was aiming for size 10..
Darlene E.
on 11/9/10 9:20 pm - Harrow, Canada
Sounds like everyone is doing fabulous.

Today is my surgiversary so I thought I'd jot down a few of my answers.

I had lost 157lbs, from 333 to 174.5.   I've been struggling with a 10 lb regain, but both the regain and the struggle are my own fault. I find myself back to the old diet mentality which really depresses me. I'm greatful to be struggling with 10lb instead of 100.
I'm now in a size 14 and would love to be a 10.
I had no complications from the surgery, but a year ago I had to have my gallbladder removed, which was probably do to rapid weight loss. Small price to pay.
My personallity is the same, but it just shines through a lot more and people do treat me differently. I seem to get more respect then before. Perhaps the fat person's opinion never really counted.
My family has been very supportive. I've had jelousy issues with my mother whom is now 6 months post-op herself.
I love the new person I am. I'd still like to lose 20lbs, but if here is where I stay, then so be it. I like me just the way I am. Well, sort of LOL. I have plans for future plastics. My wish list is a breast lift and augmentation, arms and tummy tuck. After that, lower body and thighs, but so far, these plans are not in my immediate future.

Congrats to us all and happy surgiverary.

SINCE MY RNY NOVEMBER 10 2008

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Food Diary

cherylvo
on 12/3/10 3:50 am - Elliot, South Africa
Hi there will do it again even though i did not even loose half the weight, considering another surgery... lol tought by this time it would be plastic surgery... quess im neva gonna be slim and sexy
Most Active
Recent Topics
Survived July 4th
spark · 0 replies · 801 views
Is it possible?
spark · 0 replies · 762 views
Back to Basics
spark · 2 replies · 1047 views
Losing Control
BooBoo139 · 0 replies · 2007 views