Recent Posts

soo_tchr
on 3/9/06 8:22 am - Sault Sainte Marie, MI
Topic: RE: Hey, where have all the December babies gone???
I am a December 20th baby. I recently made a total commitment to exercise by joining a local gym/arena, with everything from classes to ice skating. I have gone 5 days a week for 3 straight weeks. I am at 11 weeks and lost 56 #'s since surgery and 75 since my first appointment in October. I am only 5'4" and 225 has never looked so good. My weight has stalled recently and I am trying not to let it get me down. I know there will be times where my body has to catch up, so to speak. But I am going on 2 1/2 weeks at the same weight. So far pasta and bread are the only things I have trouble with they are still to gummy. And I think that eggs and I aren't going to get along. It seems they make me sick almost every time I eat them. Oh well, a small price to pay, i suppose. I really enjoy everyone's posting although I have to admit I don't post very often. Positive Exercise thoughts to everyone. Jody
sherr_k
on 3/9/06 7:34 am - Clifton, CO
Topic: RE: Excercise
Thanks everyone for responding and your encouragement. I am going to commit to this group that I will do something every day even if it is just walk around the building and hopefully even more. Have a great day! Sherr
April R.
on 3/9/06 7:13 am - plymouth, MA
Topic: RE: Fun Questions for Today
1) What new things do you hope to start doing, or learn after weight loss?... I want to run.. and get back into skiing.. and then run some more.. and then dance the night away!!! 2) If you had 10 minutes to talk alone to the President of the US, What would you say? ... I would say.. "Step into my office.. you're fired!!!" 3) What is the weirdest thing you have noticed about your weight loss? ... My drive for horizontal relations has gone from through the roof.. to nill.. nada.. zilch. 4) What is your favorite season and why? ... It used to be Fall until I moved to the east coast. Now Fall just means that the bitter cold is coming soon.. so now I prefer summer so much more!! The hotter the better!!! 5) If you won the lottery for 1 Million Dollars what would you do with it? ... I would be completely selfish and put a down payment on my dream house.. right on the water.. round these parts.. Cape Cod. Fun questions
charla
on 3/9/06 5:34 am
I don't get on everyday, but always go back and catch up on all the posts on this board. Guess I am always comparing my loss, or lack of, with others. I have lost 43#, with little to no excercise due to a medical condition (age I guess). I am thankfull for every pound lost, as never could have done it any other way.
dijoed
on 3/9/06 4:41 am - Martinez, CA
Dear Sally, I am sorry you are not feeling good about your weight loss. But I looked at your profile and your BMI is a lot less than a lot of us. Also, how old are you? I think it gets harder as we get older. I am 53 and a bit slower than most and I attribute it to that. Just hang in there. Have you talked to your doctors about this? Diana
pettykash
on 3/9/06 4:19 am - Galveston, TX
I really don't excercise. With two total knee replacements and four total hip replacements I am doing good just walking. I have increased the walking. For most its nothing but from where I have come from it is a lot. If I hold on to a shopping basket I can now walk all around the store. I can now even reach on the bottom shelf for things with out fear of breaking something. When I go into the stores I walk around instead of just going in and right out. I can get back to my car with out crying. I still have to sit there and let my metal shift from a standing to a sitting position before I go to the next step. As that ad on TV says. "Baby Steps" But hey I am moving.
debbiecsturd
on 3/9/06 4:01 am - upstate small town, NY
I am another exercise hater. I was hoping I would trade my food obsession for the exercise one, but no such luck. I also had spinal fusion, plantar fascitis, torn foot tendon, and arthritis, etc...BUT I have been going to an arthritis based pool program since September and I love it! I feel cheated if I have to miss a day. It has made so much difference that I have even started doing laps on the days I don't have to rush out to go to work. I figure there will be enough flabbiness to deal with losing weight without making it worse by not exercising on top of that.
kizie23
on 3/9/06 2:53 am - blacksburg, VA
Topic: Word Whomp
Hey everyone, I hope your day is going well. Today's Word Whomp words are Building Blocks (to play the game make as many words with the two words given as you can. try not to use words already used.) My Words slid block blocks sock dock docks ding sing sub subs ill lock locks lid lids bud buds sud cob sob bull bulls bob These are mine let me know what you get. Melissa
Jennine
on 3/9/06 2:40 am - Alpharetta, GA
I have been so busy moving that I have been away from all the boards lately, plus I have not bothered to hook up my internet at home yet, so all I can do is sneak on at work every once in a while. Today is my 10 week anniversary and I am down 52 pounds - woohoo! (264 to 212, 5'5" ) I have been so busy and loving life recently I just can't get enough. Wish I could retire 30 years early!
Sherbear
on 3/9/06 2:30 am - Ionia, MI
Topic: RE: ARGH... STALLLLLLLlllll
Dori, I am 12 1/2 months out and I have had many stalls. I lost 124 lbs in the first ten months and nothing for the next two. It can get to you but I tried not to let it. I knew that my body had to catch up with me. I took my measurements as well and even though I had not lost weight, in one month I lost 7 inches off my thighs, and 3 inches off my waist, but no weight loss.....that is a lot of inches.... I could not beleive it. But after two months of this, I upped my protein. I have not used protein supplements since I was able to eat regular foods. But by just adding two protein drinks per day, I have went from 221 on 2-22-06 to 209 today. I could never stand the protein drinks but have found some that I can tolerate and boy has it made the scale start moving again. But the most important thing for all of us to remember is that our body will stop every once in a while. If you are following the Barix program, and I know you were a Barix patient, you will do great. Love and hugs to you Dori, keep up the melting. Sherry Ionia, MI 2-22-2006 Dr. Schram 345/209/142
Most Active
Recent Topics
Congrats on the 10 years!
Josh H. · 0 replies · 720 views
Still Going Strong!
wantstowin2 · 0 replies · 674 views
do you remember me?
rron999 · 1 replies · 780 views
Happy 6th Birthday!
wantstowin2 · 1 replies · 1144 views
How is everyone doing?
bdub · 4 replies · 1079 views