updates for all of us dec

kimba11869
on 6/1/11 11:03 am
How is everyone doing? what are your biggest NSV and WHat are your hardest things so far?

I feel so good,, I love life again,, Doing great still need to work on the not drinking while eating, very hard for me,, My biggest NSV hmm there is so many,, Prob that I am smaller than my hubby now that always feels good,, HArdest thing is prob the water while eating,,Also geting constipation was a issue to ,, I think that is under control for now,,  I have loose skin Im hoping to get removed in the near future when it is time,, Im hoping to get my arms , tummy and a breast lift will see what happens,,,

I hope we can keep the forum open more here ,, we are all so close in our dates,,,

Hw 285 Sw 271 Cw 149 Gw 160
Scheduled for Tummy Tuck Dec 3, 2011

Stephalicous
on 6/12/11 5:11 pm
I'm doing fantastic! It's been a crazy road for me. But well worth it.

My biggest NSV was by far realizing my clothes in my closet no longer fit. I suppose in my mind they fit fine but then one day I was going through boxes and found a bunch of old ( smaller) clothes. And I tried on a pair of pants( not expecting at all that they would fit) and they FIT! And not even tight, just snug. I almost started crying right there! My husband started laughing and called me a crybaby jokingly. Then said we need to go through our closet and throw it all away! But because I just couldn't believe that the clothes were just to big now, I had to try on everything. And to my complete surprise, I was left with about 3 shirts that just barely fit right. Ok ok just to put in perspective, these clothes were ranging from size 20-24 pant and 2 xl in shirts. The old smaller clothes are size 14 pants and m-l in shirts!!!!! :D I think that was the first time I really seen what was staring back to me in the mirror. And I loved it! Thank goodness that I kept all my smaller clothes cause I'm safe for a while from shopping!

Hardest thing...medical problems after and losing my job because of it. My stitches ripped and I developed a hernia... so I was on FMLA and then when I can back the let me go.....now I'm trying to collect unemployment but we shall see...:/
Carol Y.
on 6/22/11 1:03 am - WY
Well I am doing great finally. The hardest things for me have been that I was very sick to begin with. I had a bad gall bladder and after it came out I feel great. I also have had a hard time with energy but it is back now.

My biggest non scal victory: This would have to be when I put on the biggest pants I ever wore (I saved them) and was able to put both of my legs into one of the pant legs and pull them all the way up.

On a side note it feels really good to shop in a regular store, and to have my 9 year old say mom wow that looks really great on you. That means so much to me.

AuntieLoLo
on 6/30/11 9:30 am - VA
VSG on 12/20/10 with
I'm doing well, having lost 106 pounds since surgery. I went from a 22W, 3X to a size 10.

Best NSV has been that I no longer need a seatbelt extender on the airplane. I nearly cried the first time (at a size 16) I flew and the belt reached. I recently flew (at a size 10) and I was equally surprised and emotional when I took my seat and belted up.

The hardest thing has been that for a month, I have been suffering from peripheral neuropathy. No one (not the surgeon, not the PCP, nor the neurologist) will say that it is weight loss-related. It may well not be, but I am skeptical that the body can endure this much change in such a short period of time and not rebel a little.

All of that said: I don't regret a single part of it! I am glad not to be embarrassed by how I look, or ashamed of my size. I know the neuropathy will eventually pass... I will be thin for the rest of my life!
shamr0ck
on 6/30/11 10:38 am
Adjustable Gastric Band on 12/20/10
I'm doing pretty well.  Losing slowly - had a doctor appt today, and i'm down exactly 40 pounds from the first time i saw him back in Sept of 2010.  I've been losing just over a pound a week since surgery, can't complain about that.

I agree that avoiding water while eating is hard!

Had a plastics consult today also, and he thinks that we can talk about a lower body lift once i've gotten to where i want to be, which is another 20 pounds or so.

Biggest NSV - every day when i walk out of the gym, and my trainer tells me how much stronger i'm getting.  :D
Highest weight - 224   Surgery weight - 201   Current weight - 155
Goal - (surgeon) 155; (personal) 138-bodyfat 20%

Most Active
Recent Topics