A Dr. who had the surgery

GavinC
on 11/10/10 5:43 am
A friend of mine sent me an e-mail that a local (Tucson) doctor sent to his patients about his experience with WLS at NW Hospital and why he still wasn't back taking care of them after two months had passed.  Seems he got thru the surgery fine, but then two days later ended up in the ER with extreme abdominal pain and comlications with clots and kidney failure - is now on dialysis, and spent a month in ICU and two weeks in additional therapy.  Has anyone heard about this?  I'm having my surgery there in two weeks...just curious.
Deanne K.
on 11/11/10 6:48 am - Tucson, AZ
My PCP had mentioned to me about a Dr. friend of his having major complications from his WLS.  He didn't tell me who or which hospital he had gone too, but it was pretty obvious as there is only a few actual facilities that do bypass surgeries.  I never heard how he was doing or if he survived, my Dr. was pretty skeptical about his survival, but I am hoping that he is recovering.  I don't have particulars, so this is all 2nd hand.  I also had a friend that had surgery and major complications and died 6months after her surgery at this facility a couple of years ago, they do deny that she died do to WLS and don't count it amoung their deaths. 
GavinC
on 11/11/10 8:55 am
The e-mail didn't say which surgery he had, so I'm in the dark on that one.  He's OK, from what I read, but still not back at work.  Thanks for your response.
Deanne K.
on 11/11/10 9:21 am - Tucson, AZ
I'm not sure which surgery he had either.  Glad to hear he is recovering.  Thanks for letting me know.
Most Active