just curious?

baybekmbrly
on 5/15/03 1:13 pm - SomeWhere, NY
Hey everybody I only have a 109 days to go! Dr. Zahn will be doing my surgery. Is their anyone here who is also going to be having him as a surgeon or has had him? Would love to hear what you all think of him. Thanks in advance!
cindy
on 5/15/03 2:55 pm - Mesa, az
Hi Kimberly, I am 82 days pre-op and I have DR. Zahn as my surgeon. There are quite a few people that have had Dr. Zahn do there surgery. I have a high risk surgery because I have a blood clot on my heart, and he use to be a heart surgeon before he changed fields, so I feel very good about his skills. I am an angel for a lady that lives in Tuscon and she had her surgery by Dr. Zahn in March and she said that he did a great job. When I had my first consult, I cried all the way home. He was rude and talked to me like I was a piece of dirt on the floor, he gave me a exam, and said he would do the surgery, and told me to lose some weight and left. My husband and I looked at each other and did not know if the appt was over. Please read my profile. But I hear only good things about him, so I do not need him to be my friend, I just need his surgery skills. Where do you live in Arizona? I live in Mesa. Please take a minute and read some of the other post, they have alot of information about Dr. Zahn and his skills.
JRinAZ
on 5/16/03 11:33 am - Layton, UT
Hi Kimberly, My experience with Dr. Zahn was different than Cindy's forunately. I have found him to be warm and friendly and very professional. He calles me his "weeniest patient" which cracks me up. I immediately started trying to run my office visits and he listen for a bit and then does things "his way" anyway. For example, he told me that I should be losing 15 pounds a month. I am 3 months post-op and though I hit that target the first 2 months, I'm falling short this month. So, I told him that he was stressing me out with unrealistic goals and that he shouldn't put those expectations on me. He listened and then said "o.k. I'll see you in 4 weeks, 15 pounds lighter!" LOL! I guess he showed me who was in charge! He is very busy and he's very thorough when necessary but he doesn't always take a lot of time to chat. I'm a chatty type and usually pull a good conversation out of him before I leave though. Hope that helps. *smiles*Joyce P.S. He loves treats and so does his office staff!
tina0226
on 5/17/03 6:52 am - Greenwood, IN
Hi my name is Tina and I live in East Mesa. I am having surgery with Dr. Zahn on August 19, 2003. It feels like it is a long time away but I know it is just around the corner. Dr. Zahn and his staff have been wonderful. I was approved in less then 1 week and didn't do any of the paperwork or insurance stuff. I can't wait for my new start on life ... 08-19-03.
baybekmbrly
on 5/19/03 4:16 am - SomeWhere, NY
Thanks for all your replys. Cindi- I live in El Mirage. We live close to Luke AFB, because my husband is in the Air Force. I have also had pretty good experience with Dr. Zahn. But I do remember for my consult it was very straight to the point and I didn't really talk to him much. I was just excited to start to get the ball rolling. My surgery date is September 2. So I am not that far off from the rest of ya....lol... It's so nice to have some local friends who are going through and seeing the same Dr's.
Most Active