Hospital Appointments

Kever4Life
on 2/3/12 5:10 am - Canada
RNY on 03/26/12

I just got called from Richmond hospital, they have scheduled my hospital appts for March 6! She told me I need to be there for about 4 hours! Maybe I should bring a pillow....I guess it is so long because I have to have all of the tests. Internist first, Nurse scond and Anasthesiologist last.

I get to start my liquid yummy's on March 11, Nooshin will be planning that with me on the 24th of this month. I already have my appointments booked for my post op weigh ins....they don't waste anytime do they?? LOL

It feels so great to be moving right along......I can't wait until the day finally arrives! It is so nice that most of you have the same doctor and nutritionist.....I just say a name and you know who I mean! hahahaha

I have to meet with Dr.Zentner once more on March 7th as she is away for this whole month.

Have a great week everyone!! 

Karen

prplady
on 2/3/12 9:10 am - Canada
that is great! you will not need a pillow... not too much waiting around... good walking shoes.. lol are better.. you have to go all over that hospital to see everyone.. it is a blessing to have it all in one day...
 good luck  ,, you can do it,,, the liquids arent that much fun,, but  it truly is just a short period you will see....

HW 270  SW 226 CW 175.8 GW 150

bamf
on 2/3/12 1:02 pm - Burnaby, BC, Canada
Hi Karen:
Hope all goes well for your pre-admit hospital appointments.  It is amazing how fast the time seems to fly by. 
Good Luck, Barb  Friesen

sexy_me
on 2/3/12 1:19 pm
VSG on 02/06/12

I did mine on tuesday and it wasn't that bad you'll have bloodwork, ECG, chest xray, weight checked, blood pressure checked. I know its tempting lol but leave the pillow at home and go walk around. Between the appointments I slipped over to Garrett to see Nooshin for a few mins.

I found meeting with RN reassuring but I met with internist I discovered how much say he has on whether to go ahead or delay you. I had a hairy moment but I am all a go.

AAh yes the very delish liqiuds LOL kidding it's really not so bad actually I am drinking my last protein shake for day right now.

Dr Ali Zentner I found her to be real nice friendly quite different from other Drs Ive met before.   

West Coast Bariatric Surgery Centre Program - VSG, February 6/12, Richmond, BC

Lynnww666
on 2/13/12 7:25 am - Canada
I did all mine in one day too as I'm from out of town. I have to say it was more like five hours in total. I agree with wearing good walking shoes though... you will know every nook and cranny of that place once you are done!
But everyone is very pleasant and helpful. It's just a bit of a grind but they do their best to make it as comfortable as possible.
Best of luck with it all.
Lynn
Quien quiera pescado que se moje el culo
Dec. 2010 weight 355, surgery weight 292 Current weight 199

Most Active