Diabetes Type 1 - Diagnosis since the DS surgery?

Huneypie
on 9/10/14 5:32 am - London, United Kingdom
DS on 07/24/12

How are your iron and B12 levels?  Either of those being low can result in you feeling tired.

Lowish BMI? See Lightweights Board! Lightweight Creed For more on DS see www.DSfacts.com
If you don't have peace, it isn't because someone took it from you; you gave it away. You cannot always control what happens to you, but you can control what happens in you John C Maxwell 
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.comSleeve 2010 Dr López Corvala, Mexico. DS 2012 Dr Himpens, Belgium

I  my DS  

Sunshine16
on 9/10/14 8:12 pm

Huneypie,

Thanks for responding to my post.  My iron are on the low end.  I have been taking  5 of iron tenders from vitalady on a daily basis.  My B-12 is 1295, which is high.  I often think I should take some more, but that would be too much.  The doctor gave me a prescription for the shots, which I was thinking about taking perhaps on a biweekly basis.   Would you say 1295 is too high?

Also since getting off the higer dosage of probiotics, and going back to my lower dosage I feel much better. I feel better that my stomach is not making all those crazy sounds.  I also think adding two teaspoons of metamucil in the morning has helped my digestion system. 

This morning I feel good, however concern about my fatigue in the evening.   I went to sleep around 8:30 and got back up around 2, and went back to sleep to wake up at 4:30

SW / CW / GW 292 / 188 / 174 - Height 5'7, Size 10

Huneypie
on 9/11/14 3:38 am - London, United Kingdom
DS on 07/24/12

It's probably adding Proferrin iron to what you're taking.  Vitalady sells it and can advise when's best to take it.  I can't advise as I'm not on that as my iron is doing OK, but I know that Proferrin is less awkward to fit in than the carbonyl iron you're already taking.  Low iron levels can definitely make you feel tired, so get your numbers up!! ;-)

Don, Vitaguy (Vitalady's DH) said that over 1500 for B12 for a DSer is a good number, so keep taking it and consider increasing by a small amount.  B12 doesn't go toxic if it's too high and you just end up peeing out, but who wants to waste money, right?  So take a little more as you'll feel better with a higher number.  Mine's over 1500 and my doc keeps telling me to quit taking it, which is nuts.  Docs like to see 700-800.

Lowish BMI? See Lightweights Board! Lightweight Creed For more on DS see www.DSfacts.com
If you don't have peace, it isn't because someone took it from you; you gave it away. You cannot always control what happens to you, but you can control what happens in you John C Maxwell 
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.comSleeve 2010 Dr López Corvala, Mexico. DS 2012 Dr Himpens, Belgium

I  my DS  

Sunshine16
on 9/11/14 4:05 am

Since your levels are high or consider for DSers, do you feel energic or suffient. 

Yes the Proferrin gets me too freaking constipated.  I am straight on taking stuff that make me feel constipated.

Huneypie
on 9/11/14 4:20 am - London, United Kingdom
DS on 07/24/12

I feel OK - I'm no longer a youngster, but I can't complain - much ;-)  I'm not sure how much of a difference it'll make as your B12 levels are already OKish.

Take laxatives and increase your fat to fight the constipation - low iron can really impact your energy levels.  Try some Miralax and find a dose that works for you.

I  my DS  

southernlady5464
on 9/12/14 5:28 am

Type 1 (as well as Type 1.5) diabetes is an AUTOIMMUNE disease and can be tested thru a specific blood test. http://labtestsonline.org/understanding/analytes/diabetes-auto/tab/glance/

Now, advanced UNDIAGNOSED Type 2 diabetics can also present the same symptoms. I actually LOST weight the year before my type 2 diagnosis.

"Plus BEFORE getting on the high dosage of probiotic, I took a reading last year in October  and my glucose level was 63, when I did another reading in May it was 81."

You DO realize normal is 70-100 so 81 is absolutely great!

But as others have mentioned, it's more likely something else.

Duodenal Switch (Lap) 01-24-11 | Surgeon: Stephen Boyce | High weight: 250 in 2002 | Surgery weight: 203 | Lowest weight: 121 | Current weight: 135 | Goal weight: 135

twodelight
on 9/14/14 11:05 pm - Atlanta, GA

I too have been experiencing the loud gurgling sounds from my stomach and the terrible gas that when it comes out takes so long to come out its ridiculous. My bowels have been loose and the stench is still there. I take two of the 365 probiotics. Before they were doing well but now it seem inefficient. I'm confused. The dosage is only 2 billion that I take. Should i take that down. Let me know your thoughts. 

Sunshine16
on 9/14/14 11:17 pm

Hum, try taking one at night and one in the morning.  I took two for some reason this morning.  I think I made a mistake to put an extra one, and I noticed my stomach was loud first thing this morning but eventually go over it.  I think every one body works different, so we probably need a lower dosage.  If I do not take anything the noised are terrible and the gas is extreme.  But if I take the 365 and watch my diet, it is tolerable.  The smell is all in  your diet, and I try not to eat four, unless it is light, hour before going to bed.  The body needs time to digest and do its thing.  So no real foods before I go to bed, snacks are okay, but definitely no meats.

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 323 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 782 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 261 views