Embarrassing I have very very lose stool

Eugene.A
on 7/3/21 3:06 am, edited 7/3/21 3:37 am - Mantua, NJ

It is getting so embarrassing I can't stand it.

I had the DS 14 years ago(2007) and I have been having very very lose stool lately and its getting worse over the pass year especially at night while sleeping and they are getting worse to where I am afraid to go on any vacation with other people because at night I wake up sometimes and while sleeping I guess I think I'm passing gas but I'm not and then I can't or afraid to try to go back to sleep and I also find myself getting Dehydrated more. I been telling my doctor for a while now and he keeps telling me it's what I am eating but I eat thing with fiber and stay away from food high in carbs but it gets a little better but still happens. Does orvdid anyone else have this problem and what did you do to help or stop it? I'm thinking about maybe taking more fiber in a form of powder or capsule to see if it helps. Does anybody think that taking extra fiber in form of pill or powder will help??Also if I do wake up in time to make it to go to the bathroom and after I feel empty I'll lay back down in bed and a minute or so later my stomach starts gurgling to where I jump up and have to go again after feeling empty after going just a minute before. Any suggestions would be very appreciated. Lately my DS doctor was no help really and now he retired this year so I'm looking for help on here.

Starting weight 333 lb                                                      Gold weight 180 lb

Jmm4321
on 7/3/21 8:06 am

A very knowledgeable DS surgeon told me an egg a day keeps the diarrhea away. It seems to work.

Also stay away from too much fat.

Eugene.A
on 7/3/21 12:46 pm, edited 7/3/21 5:51 am - Mantua, NJ

I do eat egg a day lol. I think I going to get fiber Supplement to get extra fiber to see if it helps just got to get the right fiber product.

Thanks for answering my questions

Starting weight 333 lb                                                      Gold weight 180 lb

PattyL
on 7/3/21 12:38 pm

If you have diarrhea, treat it. Get some Imodium and take it. Try the fiber thing and up your calcium as well. Fiber is fiber whether it is in food or a capsule. If these things don't help, try a probiotic. Try eating clean, no carbs. No sugar.

Eugene.A
on 7/3/21 12:50 pm - Mantua, NJ

I take the chewable 500 mg of calcium citrate everyday. I am going to try to add a little more fiber by taking the fiber supplements to see if that helps.

hollykim
on 7/4/21 10:06 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On July 3, 2021 at 7:50 PM Pacific Time, Eugene.A wrote:

I take the chewable 500 mg of calcium citrate everyday. I am going to try to add a little more fiber by taking the fiber supplements to see if that helps.

check that chewable calcium. Could be the sweetener in it. I can't use any thing ending in " itol"

katinhouston
on 4/11/22 10:37 pm - Houston, TX

Same here. I have to be so careful. Most toothpastes even have sugar alcohols (itols). They absolutely tear up my stomach since my DS.

hollykim
on 7/3/21 5:28 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On July 3, 2021 at 10:06 AM Pacific Time, Eugene.A wrote:

It is getting so embarrassing I can't stand it.

I had the DS 14 years ago(2007) and I have been having very very lose stool lately and its getting worse over the pass year especially at night while sleeping and they are getting worse to where I am afraid to go on any vacation with other people because at night I wake up sometimes and while sleeping I guess I think I'm passing gas but I'm not and then I can't or afraid to try to go back to sleep and I also find myself getting Dehydrated more. I been telling my doctor for a while now and he keeps telling me it's what I am eating but I eat thing with fiber and stay away from food high in carbs but it gets a little better but still happens. Does orvdid anyone else have this problem and what did you do to help or stop it? I'm thinking about maybe taking more fiber in a form of powder or capsule to see if it helps. Does anybody think that taking extra fiber in form of pill or powder will help??Also if I do wake up in time to make it to go to the bathroom and after I feel empty I'll lay back down in bed and a minute or so later my stomach starts gurgling to where I jump up and have to go again after feeling empty after going just a minute before. Any suggestions would be very appreciated. Lately my DS doctor was no help really and now he retired this year so I'm looking for help on here.

artificial sweeteners ending in "itol "can cause this.
msliyol sorbitol etc. check your sweeteners and try to stay away from those. Try stevia instead.

White Dove
on 7/4/21 7:07 am - Warren, OH

Sugar free Citrucel will not cause gas and bloating like most other fiber supplements. And do take Imodium when needed.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Zcortlandt
on 7/5/21 9:18 am

I had the ds 18 years ago. I'm 37. I don't work out, I don't follow any diet, I do take all my pills, I don't go out of my way to eat sugar or carbs and I eat enough protein and drink enough water. Also I would cut soda out sugar alone will give you the runs. I take imodiem on the morning which is a game changer. Also don't accept a problem as bad as the runs I suffered and even stopped working for awhile and it was not my diet it was more just following the rules we All should know. I also take everything I can to constipated me. Like beside imodiem think rice, think lots of rice in fact, think water, think imodiem, fiber can make you poop more. You might want to stop all fiber. Most people get enough fiber from food and I'm just saying I tried fiber for the same issues and I thought it helped at first but it didn't. You can message me but yea I just had stopped following the rules and the only strange thing about me is even when I was fat I never cared about sugar. Good luck. See a different doctor if he tells you stuff that isn't helping.

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 333 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 799 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 268 views