Ah-HA! I see all of you Iowa people!! Get in here!!

neweyeswideopen
on 4/4/11 2:34 am - Cedar Rapids, IA
Hey folks! 
   This board is dead...much like the state. HA! Where is everyone from. Anyone close to CR? 

-Becky
"To dream, I must imagine pure joy, belive I can achieve perfection, and take pride in a life changing journey" - ME

swel8605
on 4/4/11 12:34 pm - IA
Becky,
  Thanks for your encouragement earlier. I'm near the Dyersville area. I used to live in Anamosa/Martelle and am very familiar with Cedar Rapids. My daughter was born at St. Luke's and my son (from Korea) was officially adopted in the downtown court house. I went to Mt. Mercy College for social work (as an older student). I moved to Iowa in 1978 to pursue my degree in English at the U of Iowa.
  Still a daily, hourly struggle with the clear liquid diet. It won't be so bad after the surgery as my stomach will be smaller and the "hunger hormone" shouldn't be there (for a few months anyway, I'm told). Meanwhile, I'll continue to do what needs doing.
  Thanks too, to Carol and Karen for your words of wisdom!

neweyeswideopen
on 4/5/11 12:00 am - Cedar Rapids, IA
Oh Awesome! I've lived in CR for almost 10 years now. All three of my kids born at St.Lukes..I love that place..and of course Sartori too! Oh...this is kind of nasty..but let me warn you not to drink your last "meal' right before you do the bowel prep...makes it unbarable! I won't do that again lol. Hope we get the chance to chat. Keep strong with the liquids it makes life so much easier for you and Dr.G.

-Becky
"To dream, I must imagine pure joy, belive I can achieve perfection, and take pride in a life changing journey" - ME

meggiekat
on 4/15/11 11:24 am - Robins, IA
Lap Band on 02/12/11 with
 I'm from CR! Dr. Glasc*** does my fills, even though I had my surgery in Mexico.

carolia
on 4/17/11 9:32 am - IA
Doesn't really matter where any of us are from as we are all on the same journey! 

Kind of like flying somewhere.  You can always strike up a conversation with someone on the flight as you journey toward your destination.  We all have some thing in common, right? 

Keep posting everyone..........we'll bring this board to life again.

Carol

gee1963
on 5/2/11 5:36 am - Ankeny, IA
VSG on 02/27/13
I am in Ankeny ... hard to find locals :-)

*~Gina~*HW 338 (10/2009), banded 07/22/10 298, removed 11/29/12, sleeved 2/27/13. (CW)   214 dr scale 3/19/13   

carolia
on 5/2/11 9:49 am - IA
I am in Eastern Iowa but know there's a few in my area who check in here.  I'm just not sure how often they are on here............maybe they're just lurking!  :-)

Carol

sallyj
on 5/13/11 5:18 am - Spokane, WA
Try being in western Iowa--there's even fewer people out here on the board.  Fortunately, we do have a good support group in town.
kukukat
on 5/17/11 2:49 pm - Belmond , IA
Hi there!
I'm in Iowa, smack dab in the middle of North Iowa.  I am new here and finding my way around, want to make some friends here.  Finding it confusing to navigate this site.  I'll be working on my profile page and blog and post some photos if I can figure the darn thing out!  I have a date for surgery:  May 27th OMG! that's only ten days from now.  Dr Kyle Ver Steeg is my doc.  Can somebody hold my hand?  I'm a little freaked out!
Kukukat (Kathy)
Jody H.
on 5/17/11 11:51 pm - Des Moines, IA
Good luck Kathy with your surgery!     It is an exciting and yet scary time.    Make sure you take your before pictures, and journal as much as possible.     It will be important to remember how far you've come - and to have that as motivation about why you don't want to come back to this point.

Jody
Most Active
Recent Topics