Sunday Roll Call

sjweiser
on 5/14/11 9:02 pm
Good Morning Everyone, It looks like a gloomy day here. On the bright side I lost more
weight. I am feeling really good since I had my surgery. I hope everyone has a wonderful
day.

Steven 
crystal M.
on 5/14/11 10:05 pm - Joliet, IL
Hello everyone

Well I'm doing my usual....eating breakfast and watching Law & Order. 

Well I got a lot of my running around done yesterday.  I went to Old Navy because I had a 50% off coupon.  So I got a pair of jeans and a t-shirt for $17.  I shopped around at a few different stores.  I wanted to get some sandals, but I couldn't find my size.  I did the rest of my running around and came home cleaned and did laundry. 

I never did go to the garden store next door to me.  Now I am questioning whether it's too cold to put flowers in.  The rain isn't a factor because I can get the flowers in and not get wet.  So is it OK to plant flowers today???  Is it too cold???  Will they die on me???

I forgot to tell you about my mini catastrophe Friday.  I got home late after work, working out and shopping.  I carried everything up to my apartment and I was putting everything away.  Well I go to my gym bag and went to get the dirty clothes out and noticed I forgot to drink my protein drink.  Then I noticed that the protein drink spilled out and got all over everything!!!  It was like a chocolate protein explosion in my gym bag!!!  It was everywhere.  I had to take everything out and clean each item and clean the bag and sit everything out to dry.  What a mess!!!  I had one of my audio books in there and needless to say the Cd's are fine but the art work for the cover is ruined.  So I will walk in and show them at rthe library and hopefully I won't be charged.  After a long day...it was after 9pm that was the last thing I wanted to deal with.  On the bright side I checked my car and it didn't get all over my car. 

Today I will do some chores, go to the library, go to Home Depot for a welcome mat and then give myself a pedicure.  That's it for me. 

What are you doing on your Sunday??  Enjoy your day.  Bye.

ChristineB
on 5/14/11 10:22 pm, edited 5/15/11 2:48 am - Western 'Burbs Chgo, IL
Crystal, it is not too cold to put flowers out. If you will notice the garden centers have the flowers - annual, perennial and vegetables all out and they do not bring them in every night. The plants have been "hardened off" to tolerate the temperature. Some of the more tender plants might be affected. If one is concerned after planting they can be covered with an old sheet or weighted down newspaper. You can buy your plants and if you have a protected patio you can leave them in the containers until you plant them in your planters.

PS - it is more the human brain saying that it is too cold. Let's face it we are more into "creature" comforts especially with as cold as it has been.

Open RNY May 7
260/155/140 

Lisa Tucker
on 5/15/11 1:26 am - Streator, IL
Revision on 04/19/13
 Good Morning,

It is gloomy and rainy again. Where did the great weather go?

I had a great time yesterday with the girls. Bought a few things at a health food store. We were on our way home, when the guys called and said they were on the way home. Decided the weather was going to defeat them.

Off today with Monica,

Catch you later.

Lisa

Start Weight   330
Current          219    BMI 38  I am in the normal range!!!
Goal Weight  180

dsettle
on 5/15/11 4:27 am - Gurnee, IL

Happy Sunday all,
I can not believe it is already after 1pm!!  Where did my Sunday go?  I went to church this am with a friend.  What a great sermon, made me do some soul searching.  The visiting pastor started talking about Irena Sandler and the hard choices she made during WW2.  A Catholic women who dedicated her life to saving Jewish babies.  I guess there is a book or project out there called "Life in a Jar"  I need to read more about it.  What an amazing lady.
Today, I need to start my coupon obsession.  I told my daughter that all the money we save weekly from our budget we will put in a container for Disney World.  We are planning to go next spring break.  However, I think it will be fun to see how much "spending" money we can save up.
I need to work on laundry today and try to clean house.  It is not easy with the mud always making its way in. 
Hope all is well today.  Tomorrow should be dry
Take care
Debbie

Nancy G.
on 5/15/11 5:01 am - La Salle, IL
 Good Afternoon Everyone!

Well the weekend is almost over for most.  Time to get back to the daily grind.  For me, it will be Physical Therapy.  It starts Monday.  

Today I am taking it easy and just lazing around.  I woke too late to take my major pain pill so I am trying to delay it until later today.  We will see how that goes.  So far so good.  

It is quiet around here without Rick.  I miss him.  He takes Gage home tonight.  

Crystal, it is not too early to plant like Chris says.  However the technical date for worry free planting in our planting zone is Memorial Day.  We can have freezes up until then.  You can protect plants with a sheet.  I personally do not like to plant until it stays 50 degrees or above at night.  Stores will be taking some hits on loosing plants because of the cold but they had already bought them and have no choice but display them.  I am sure they are under contracts for auto delivery.  

Debbie, it is amazing what you can save with "spare change"  If everyone in the family empties their change in a jar at the end of each day it will grow rapidly and you dont miss that money!

Steven, Congrats on the weight loss.  Keep plugging along.  It is amazing to watch it happenes.  

Lisa, enjoy your day with Monica!  

Cat Lady

(deactivated member)
on 5/15/11 5:19 am - Woodstock, IL
Well, we are off to LA!  Rob got the offer on Thursday and with some going back and forth, he accepted the job.  I also was able to find a job with our sister company, Baskin Robbins.  With that, I get to travel international to Asia.  I'm excited about that.

There is a lot to do now.  We have to put the house on the market (and hope we don't lose a ton of money), find a place to live, sell a bunch of furniture (since we are going from a 5 bedroom house to a 3 bedroom smaller house). 

Very exciting time for us!  Hope you guys are all having a good weekend!

Jules
ChristineB
on 5/15/11 6:31 am - Western 'Burbs Chgo, IL
   BOOOHOOO!!!! I was just getting to know you!!!!!!!!

Open RNY May 7
260/155/140 

(deactivated member)
on 5/15/11 11:19 am - Woodstock, IL
Christine,

Sorry I didn't stop tonight.....I thought Rob put your stuff in the car, he thought I did.  Go figure!

What does your schedule look like tomorrow?

Jules
ChristineB
on 5/15/11 11:28 am - Western 'Burbs Chgo, IL
No problem. We will be home.

Open RNY May 7
260/155/140 

Most Active
Recent Topics
LET'S RESTART THE IL. SITE
scaryreader · 0 replies · 1116 views
Wednesday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 2 replies · 5638 views