update on son still stuck in carbondale, il

jastypes
on 8/22/11 5:55 am - Croydon, PA
My son, who is stuck in a hospital in Carbondale, IL, after a horribly-gone-wrong road trip with friends, while I am home in Philly, had to have gallbladder surgery yesterday.  It was done laparoscopically, but he is having a lot of pain, refuses to walk (which we all know should be done after surgery), and cannot be discharged yet.  I am reaching at straws to feel connected to him in some way, as it is impossible for me to get to him right now.

Bear with me.  I know I'm not making sense.  I don't really have a question.  I think I'm just having a panic attack.  You guys are such a support to me.

Blessings, Jill

WLS 5/31/07.  Maintaining a weight loss of 141 pounds and feeling amazing!

ChristineB
on 8/22/11 6:44 am - Western 'Burbs Chgo, IL
You are making perfect sense.

Hang in there mom . . .

Open RNY May 7
260/155/140 

Nancy G.
on 8/22/11 7:35 am - La Salle, IL
 Oh Jill,  

Big hugs.    What a huge mess.  It seems to go from bad to worse.  I am so sorry that your son had to have his galbladder out.  At least we know that is a common proceedure, but as a mom that must be driving you up a wall to not being there with him.    I am sure you are at the end of your rope.  

He is in good hands.  Lots of prayers and good vibes are coming your way and his way.  I do hope everything gets solved soon and he is on the road to recovery before you know it.  Hang in there!  

Nancy

Cat Lady

Lisa Tucker
on 8/22/11 9:01 am - Streator, IL
Revision on 04/19/13
We are with you in spirit. We all know the frustration, when our kids have something wrong and we cant be with them. Do the best you can do, and call and talk to him. I am sure he is scared too.

Have your panic attack. Who wouldn't be panicing with a child so far away from home.

Good luck, and he will be home soon.

LISA
georgie3772
on 8/23/11 2:40 am - Manteno, IL
HI Jill,

How  frustrating for both of you.  Hang in there.  Prayers to you and your son (and friends).  Everything will work out....but very hard not to be there, I'm sure.

georgie

Most Active
Recent Topics
LET'S RESTART THE IL. SITE
scaryreader · 0 replies · 1116 views
Wednesday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 2 replies · 5638 views
Tuesday Roll Call
crystal M. · 2 replies · 5375 views
Sunday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 0 replies · 5404 views
Thursday Roll Call