Wednesday check in!

dsettle
on 1/17/12 8:14 pm - Gurnee, IL
Good morning my Illinois family,
I am sitting here listening to the weather and think " go**** is cold out there"! . But it would not be an Illinois winte without the frigid temps!
So not much goin on here. Off to work in a few minutes. Tonight I have "Freshman Night" at Warren High School for my daughter. I can't believe my baby will be a freshman. Also hard to believe my son will be graduating next spring! When did they get so old?? When did I get so old? Ugh! Gotta love life!
Take care all and have a great day!
Love
Debbie

Lisa Tucker
on 1/17/12 8:56 pm - Streator, IL
Revision on 04/19/13
Good Morning.

I am writing this in blue, to show the color of our lips when we hit the cold air this morning! Thank goodness that we are 1/2 through the month of January. Less then 2.5 months until spring. At least, that is what the calendar says.

I will be off to work as soon as I warm up the car. I ♥ my remote start on my car.

Dress warm today.

Hugs,
LISA

crystal M.
on 1/17/12 9:02 pm, edited 1/17/12 9:06 pm - Joliet, IL
Hello everyone

Yes it is cold.  I forgot to mention that super warm coat I purchased is very warm.  I will wear my super warm coat today.  I put that coat on and everything from the waist up is warm...but my legs are still cold.

Last night I took two Tylenol PM and I slept very well.  The nights before I was having trouble sleeping with my sore muscles.  Every time I moved my legs or arms I would wake up...ouch.  I think because I slept better my muscles feel better.  Sleep is restorative and muscles were able to restore.

I heard this Special K commercial on TV about losing weight and they have a special k weight plan now on specialk.com.  I'm not really going to follow it to a tee because they want you to eat wayyyy too much but I think they had some really good meal ideas.  At least they were good ideas for me.  So if any one wants to check it out.

Debbie- they do grow up so fast.  Wait till you are driving one of them to college....I was proud I didn't cry once.  I was just so happy she was going.  I was sad once when I drove past the high school after she left and the marching band was out there practicing...it made me miss Amanda.  Obviously, I missed Amanda a lot because I gave in 6 years after she left and moved down here....hahaha. 

Well I got to go...have a good day...bye
georgie3772
on 1/18/12 2:17 am - Manteno, IL

Good Morning, Deb, Lisa and Crystal!

I have been horrible about posting, but do check in to see what's going on almost every day to keep track on what's going on!

Lisa, I got to see Dr. McDreamy when Chloe's mom was up at Alexian for more surgery on Friday.  He is a nice guy, I just hate to keep running in to him on a surgical basis!  She had an ovary removed (that he assisted with) and then he checked out her gi system because she has been SO anemic, they were thinking she had to be bleeding inside.  He didn't find anything, which was good, but.....she has been getting Iron infusion Iv's weekly for awhile and that is the only way they are keeping her blood level at 10...which is still fairly low!  Anyway....

Hard to believe it is the middle of January, but YEAH the faster it goes, the quicker spring comes.  I'm not adverse to that at all.  Winter has been our friend, so far.  The cold is to be expected...just so we don't get a big blizzard like we did last February.  A little snow now and then, I think we can handle it.  Let's just keep moving forward!

Not much new with me.  The surgery thing has taken up some time.  Chloe was off school on fri and Monday.  Her grandma (her mom's mom) and I (and Chloe) stayed up in Schaumburg Thurs - Saturday.  We drove her back to Champaign area Saturday night and got home at 10:30 to champ.  We then stayed all night in Champaign.  UGH.  What a weekend.

Well, hello to everyone.  I'll try to check in more.  Hey, Crystal, I bought a Nook Tablet.  I was just going to get the reader, but got a Christmas bonus that was burning a hole and allowed me to upgrade to the Tablet!  I love it that I can download books from our library..  Have you checked in to that?  Not all books are available, and some have a waiting list, but when you reserve them on line, they pop up as an email when they are available and you have 72 hrs to go get them.  If you want info, let me know.  It is cool.  Saves $$ since you don't have to BUY the books!  lOL
\

Have a great day. 

georgie

berts4
on 1/18/12 4:59 am - Rock City, IL
WHAT surgery?

And, I tried to download an audio book from the library and it made it to my computer, but not my Kindle........That is the whole reason I went with the "Touch", its audiobook capability......

Tell someone that you love them!
Dawn
253/223/167/127
HW/SW/CW/GW

georgie3772
on 1/18/12 5:05 am - Manteno, IL
Hey Dawn, Surgery for Chloe's mom, not me.  I was there as the chauffer and keeper of CHloe, along with my BF who is Chloe's grandma. 

Let me do a little research on the torch.  supposedly the Kindle is easier to DL the library stuff to than the Nook Tablet.  I got it to my computer but then fiddled around until I read some things and figured out how to get the book to the Nook.  Next time it will be easy!!

georgie3772
on 1/18/12 5:41 am - Manteno, IL
I went and looked and it appears that the library audio format, for whatever reason, is not compatible with any of the Kindles?  That's wierd, except there are other audiobooks that have a different format that it accepts.  Go figure!

crystal M.
on 1/18/12 8:04 am - Joliet, IL
I'm bit of a snob when it comes to borrowing books...I like to own my books.  I now have 132 books on my Kindle most of them free or $.99.   Amazon has this deal of the day and every day I go on and see what the deal is.  It almost always is $.99 and about 30-40% of the time the book sounds interesting.  They have a free section that is always changing so I go in there and load up on anything that sounds remotely interesting...why not it's free!!!  I do buy some books full price.  Every pay check I treat myself to 1-2 books....hehehe. 

Kindle does have a borrowing library but not interested....hahaha. 

I was reading today about how Barnes & Noble is on the list of companies most likely to go out of business in the next few years...and am wondering what that means for Nook owners???  Do you buy your e-books directly from B&N like we buy from Amazon?  So if B&N goes out of business how would you buy anymore books????  It kind of made me glad I opted for a Kindle. 
georgie3772
on 1/18/12 9:10 am - Manteno, IL
 I have heard about bn's financial problems. The nook is one of their products making them money. I figure by the time it would all settle out, my nook will be obsolete and the technology will have sped along to the next thing. I wanted the tablet and it got somewhat better reviews than the Fire, plus Chloe has one so thought I should be compatible with her!  We'll see what happens. Glad you are enjoying tour kindle. I think your neighbor is ticked because he got caught!!

ChristineB
on 1/18/12 4:54 am - Western 'Burbs Chgo, IL
I have had a nasty night and day. I had horrible tummy pain before and thru the night. I went to abmc er and am awaiting them to wheel me down to fix a bowel obstruction.

Open RNY May 7
260/155/140 

Most Active
Recent Topics
LET'S RESTART THE IL. SITE
scaryreader · 0 replies · 1083 views
Wednesday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 2 replies · 5609 views
Tuesday Roll Call
crystal M. · 2 replies · 5352 views
Sunday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 0 replies · 5382 views