Monday Roll Call

Lisa Tucker
on 5/20/12 9:24 pm - Streator, IL
Revision on 04/19/13
Good Morning,
Well, today started out with a bang. My daughter Annette's house and her neighbors went up in smoke. They think it started outside, prior to 3:00 a.m. The Red Crosss hasn't gotten there yet, but they are waiting for it. They had gotten one cat out, and couldn't find the other one, but they finally found her. Not the way I want to start my week!!

Both are OK, just shook up. I am going to work, then calling my boss and telling her that I may take off early and head up there.

My first instint was to go up there when they called, but common sense told me it wouldn't be a good move on my part.

And how is your world?

Hugs,
LISA
ChristineB
on 5/20/12 11:10 pm - Western 'Burbs Chgo, IL
Oh my, been there done that with a tradegy of a fire in a family home(s). I guess my small complaints of the day dull in comparison to what Annette will be going through. Prayers to her and the rest of your family.

@ work and tired (note to self not to complain)

Not much happening. I can now sit back and enjoy the fruits of my labor with the flowers and soon to come veggies.

Open RNY May 7
260/155/140 

Nancy G.
on 5/21/12 12:49 am - La Salle, IL
Oh Lisa,    and prayers to Annette and her family and you and Hubert.  This is one of the things I fear the most.  I cant imagine losing my home.  It has to be awful.  It is good that all are safe.  Stuff can be replaced, but of course, memories cannot.  I hope she did not lose a lot of precious items.  My thoughts are with you.  If there is any way we can help, please let us know.

Yesterday flew by for me again.  I had some computer time and then Rick and I went out for dinner and did grocery shopping.  I found the Red Lobster gift card. As I was falling asleep Saturday night, I thought, it could have gotten tossed accidently.  Sure enough, I found it!

Crystal, I will let you know how the litter box works.  It can be returned for 90 days so I will return it if I do not like it.  Of all the reviews, only 2 were negative and they were with the older design.  Good luck in your interviews this week!  Positive vibes going out to you!

Chris, now is the time you can enjoy your fruits of your Labor. 

Connie, t sounds like you are getting better each day.!

Dawn, hang in there.  

Everyone have a great day!  

Cat Lady

sjweiser
on 5/21/12 1:10 am
 Hi Lisa, Sorry about what happened to your daughters house. My prayers are with you and your family.
Well sunday I did laundry and grocery shopping, Today I am just relaxing. Well its a short week
for me. On Thursday I go see Dr. Kane JR. Then Sat. Back to the Kane Center for testamonial.

Steven
crystal M.
on 5/21/12 1:46 am - Joliet, IL
Hello everyone

Lisa I am so sorry about your daughter's house.  At least everyone is OK.  My family actually had a house fire too...many years ago...but it was confined to the upstairs. 

Well my day seemed to be off to a good start.  It's nice and cool out (no sweating my butt off).  I went to the library and both the movies I wanted were in...so I was very happy.  But then on the way home I started to hear a weird noise coming from my car!!!  I'm not sure what it is.  It might be my back brakes.  But there's no squealing...and it almost sounded like something was dragging under my car!!!  I did run over a small tree branch.  So I thought maybe I knocked something lose.  I got home sure I would find something hanging from under my car...AND nothing!!!  So this worries me...what could this noise be???  I can't take it anywhere because I have no money to get it fixed.  So there is my problem...when it rains it pours.  I am going to take my car to Charles tomorrow and see if he knows what that sound could be.  You know I am just hanging here by a thread and I can't afford an expense like a car repair.  I won't borrow money because...1.  I hate owing people...and...2. I have no idea when I can pay it back or if I can pay it back.  I really envy people who have family they can lean on financially.  I never had that.    

At least I have an interview tomorrow and Wednesday.  Then my friend just turned my resume into her boss.  But she said she already interview someone and it sounded like this person had a chance to get hired.  So I might already be out of the running for that job.  Oh man...my life is sucking more every day.  I try to stay positive and not let things get me down.   

Oh well on to something positive...I am going to watch my Harry Potter movies....and try to forget my problems.  

Have a good day everyone.  

berts4
on 5/21/12 2:04 am - Rock City, IL
Good morning LIsa and the rest of Illinois!

Lisa.....I am sorry to hear this news.  We had a house fire when I was a child and lost everything.  Anything we can do, let us know.   I have lots of extra "stuff" that we never seem to have a sale to get rid of that I could donate.

I am back at work and we all know how wonderful THAT is.  I will NOT complain though.

We had a full weekend of AirFest Training and gardening.  Todd baled hay for a friend and found that the jobis harder than he thought.  He will be sore today, I am sure.

Not much else happening for me.

Wishing Crystal good luck on her interviews.  I am sure something will shake loose soon!

Everyone have a wonderful day!

Tell someone that you love them!
Dawn
253/223/167/127
HW/SW/CW/GW

Most Active
Recent Topics
LET'S RESTART THE IL. SITE
scaryreader · 0 replies · 1078 views
Wednesday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 2 replies · 5606 views
Tuesday Roll Call