Tuesday Roll Call

Lisa Tucker
on 7/2/12 9:48 pm - Streator, IL
Revision on 04/19/13
Good Morning,

I am heading to Bloomington today with my daughter Annette. We are taking Morgan home. I am sure it will include lunch and maybe shopping.

Dave, I am glad you are home and didn't have to spend the night in the hospital.

Kevin, again, welcome.

Randy, I do have a number of projects in the works, and I am finishing them, one by one.

Have a great day,

Hugs,
LISA
SanGambler
on 7/2/12 10:28 pm - St Cloud, FL
 Good Day IL!!!! well i hit 136 and all is going well at 4oz to 5oz of food on a good day but have to take B-12 shots for life sure miss bread but thats the name of my new life;) peace and have a safe 4th of July SandyPhoto: Good day all... me this morning with glasses on...

Lisa Tucker
on 7/3/12 12:14 am - Streator, IL
Revision on 04/19/13
Sandy, you look great!!!

LISA
carlak
on 7/3/12 4:40 am - Bradenton, FL
 Sandi how r u????? I tried to message you and It wouldnt let me.....Carla
image hosting site

ChristineB
on 7/2/12 10:42 pm - Western 'Burbs Chgo, IL
Yes, Dave is home but in our opinion he should have stayed overnight in the hospital. He was really unsteady on his feet overnight when he got up to go to the bathroom. He really needed professional nursing care. His pain level has increased also so he took 2 of his pain meds a short while ago.

Other than me getting up almost every hour to two hours I am making it through but a little tired. I just have some dishes to do, meals to heat up or make something and clean towels to fold. I also want to get to some necklaces that I have the beads put together and just need to string them. 

Open RNY May 7
260/155/140 

Lisa Tucker
on 7/3/12 12:11 am - Streator, IL
Revision on 04/19/13
I can agree with you. Some of this one day surgery, shouldn't be.

LISA
berts4
on 7/3/12 1:01 am - Rock City, IL
I feel for you and agree completely that professional nursing care is required in many situations.  When Todd had his knee surgery (about 20 some years ago) he was inpatient for 2-3 days.  NOW...that same surgery is considered out-patient.  Family members who are NOT trained are expected to take care of the patient.

I felt SO bad for poor Amber who stayed with me the day after my ankle surgery.  24 hours after the surgery, when all the drugs wore off, I was practically screaming in pain, but crying my eyes out.  Very scary for her to see her mom like that.  While at the hospital, they gave me TONS of drugs.....anything to make me go home.  Then at home, I was to have the same medicine, at the same dosage, for post surgical pain that I was given before they cut me open and implanted metal into my bones. 

Tell someone that you love them!
Dawn
253/223/167/127
HW/SW/CW/GW

ChristineB
on 7/3/12 1:49 am - Western 'Burbs Chgo, IL
Dawn, when Dave was wheeled down to the car he was brought down by a 70+ female volunteer. I question the fact of is she trained to be able to assist a person if they start to keel over? She was so skinny that I do not think she would have been able to hold him if he became dead weight.  He was so whoobly then and seemed just the same at home. When he was released from the ER they asked if he wanted to walk to the car? Excuse me what if he feel in the PL or passed out from pain?

This medical situation is going to get worse with 'Bama Care. If you saw the movie Soilent Green from back in the '70's - it will be a similar situation. In the movie they sent the people off to never-never land in a different manner. I can see care being denied to the older people and they in effect will be sent off to die without care. We have family and friends in the medical industry and they shake their heads at how the care is going to go down the tubes.

PS - on a side note I saw you mention the Milwaukee Public Market. We love that place. We were able to go there when we stayed in Milwaukee 2 yrs ago. We were able to walk there from the Hampton Inn & Suites that we stayed at near by. Great place to get a sandwich which we did and shared it.

Open RNY May 7
260/155/140 

crystal M.
on 7/3/12 8:35 am - Joliet, IL
I guess I am kind of lucky both times I had surgery they kept me in the hospital because I live alone and there was a question about me being able to care for myself.  So I have that on my side.  They said the insurance will pay based on that reason...and they were right. 
raptor62
on 7/2/12 11:20 pm - IL
RNY on 07/27/12
 Hi,

I hope everyone has a safe and enjoyable 4ht of july!

I am heading up to Door County for five days.  We bring our three German Shorthiars with us and they just love to get away too.  We look forward to going to the farmers market in Sturgeon Bay and bringing the dogs swimming at the beach.  It's usually much cooler up there so we can escape some of this heat.

Thanks for all of the welcomes!  I am now 25 days out from Surgery.  My wife and I will be flying to Las Vegas for the surgery.  I got a pretty good incentive to get it done there.  You can read more in my bio.

SanGambler, ay to go!  onlu one pund until goal!  thats awesome!

Most Active
Recent Topics
LET'S RESTART THE IL. SITE
scaryreader · 0 replies · 1079 views
Wednesday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 2 replies · 5606 views
Tuesday Roll Call
crystal M. · 2 replies · 5349 views
Sunday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 0 replies · 5376 views
Thursday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 2 replies · 5413 views