Saturday Roll Call

LisaTucker
on 7/26/13 10:40 pm - IL

Good Morning,

I am getting excited about the get together. I am really looking forward to seeing everyone. If you know any former members, lets give them a nod and maybe some of them will come.

My last day at work was yesterday, until September. The one good thing about it was it will be a nice paycheck.

This past week I have been also going around with Illinois Unemployment. Again, I had to call and straighten something out about the previous time frame. Hopefully this is it.

Kim, enjoy your work trip. We will be thinking of you on Tuesday.

Nancy, I know how you are feeling. I had a client call yesterday and keep me on the phone for 20 minutes, because she couldn't get to our site until Tuesday, and couldn't understand that the the program was ending yesterday. She wanted us to make an exception and keep the program open!

Dawn, pictures of your Great America Adventure. Please.

Randy, where you been?

Sharon, where are you?

Connie, welcome home.

Huggers,

Lisa

birder I.
on 7/26/13 11:40 pm - Rockford, IL

Good morning Illinoisans,

I can't remember what I posted about the draining fistulas before my trip, but two new ones opened shortly before and they set up an emergency MRI before I left. I found out Sunday morning that we would be able to leave on Monday (!) but that I need to have the surgery to fix this mess sooner than later. I was planning maybe February. Well, now the date is August 7 and I will be in the hospital 5-7 days so that means I will miss the get-together. I don't imagine I will be up to traveling much in a car that quickly. But if I am, we will come, but we're not planning on it. Kay will be teaching this fall for the first 8 weeks so we are cramming in this surgery before her school starts (Aug 14). We are both so tired of changing the dressings, the smells, the burnt skin from the discharge and never knowing what food will cause this or not. Sometimes there is no discharge and other times it's a flood and totally unpredictable. One thing we know is it's worse when we travel. So it's time to fix it. What he will do is cut out the entire scarred opening about 11" long and fix all the hernias and fistulas along it and sew it up so that it is basically flat instead of an inch deep as it is now. It will be major surgery and I recover slowly from anesthesia so we'll see how it goes. One bonus is that I'll get to be on the unit where I know half of the staff from before so that will be entertaining to say the least.  It gives me one thing to look forward to!

So this is my focus now that we are home. Hope to get some knitting done before because who knows about after?

Connie

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/gay_lesbian_bisexual_transgender/

LisaTucker
on 7/27/13 12:31 am - IL

Connie, I am so sorry that you have to have another surgery. Hopefully, this will fix the problem. Please ask Kay to let us know how you are doing.

Lisa

crystal M.
on 7/26/13 11:50 pm - Joliet, IL

Hello everyone

Well I got every thing done yesterday I needed to.  And then I woke up and got things ready.  So now I am relaxing and having a few of my chocolate chip cookies.  I do make some delicious homemade cookies if I do say so myself.  Yummy. 

I found out yesterday that there might be a huge project coming up and I will be asked to help.  We are converting over to a different system and we have to enter all of the customers into the new system.  So basically build the new database.  And I have been asked to help out.  Major over time while this is being done. 

Today we are going hiking then eating.  We picked today because of the cool weather.  It may rain on us I don't know but it's only supposed to be brief and I have those pocket ponchos for everyone.  Yep, I'm prepared.  I would be more worried if it were 90 degrees outside.  So anyway we will have some fun. 

Well see you all later...have a nice day...bye 

Most Active
Recent Topics
LET'S RESTART THE IL. SITE
scaryreader · 0 replies · 1080 views
Wednesday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 2 replies · 5606 views
Tuesday Roll Call
crystal M. · 2 replies · 5349 views
Sunday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 0 replies · 5376 views
Thursday Roll Call