Saturday Roll Call

birder I.
on 10/26/13 10:01 am - Rockford, IL

Crystal, For holidays you take turns. Chris can have a birthday party for his son next year and you can invite the exwife and be the "bigger person". If a holiday comes up where you are not invited, here are some ideas.

1.You and Chris could have an elegant or sexy breakfast or lunch together and then he could go off to where ever.

2.You could have an "orphans" holiday dinner for your single girlfriends or even couples who don't have any family in the area. We have had wonderful parties at holidays where no one knew each other but it didn't make any difference.

3.You can celebrate on a different day. People who work in hospitals rarely have a holiday on a holiday because someone has to be there.

4. Remember that his son is 5 or 6 or whatever and by the time he is 15 or 16 he may not want to spend a birthday with his parents. If this is a permanent relationship, you'll have a lot of years without kids.

5, Learn to love being alone. Go to movies alone. Take yourself out to dinner alone. You already know how to do this. Work a jigsaw puzzle. Do something Chris doesn't enjoy. Every healthy relationship requires a certain amount of alone time. You need to recharge your batteries. Learn yoga or meditation.

I'm sure others will have suggestions too. Today's relationships don't guarantee that you'll have a Hallmark Holiday. The real holidays are more like someone doesn't like the turkey and wants tofu, Uncle Charlie drinks too much. Cousin Sue got a tatoo and her parents aren't speaking to her, etc, etc, etc. So set your expectations a bit more realistically. You'll get him some holidays on the day and not others.

Free therapy,

Connie

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/gay_lesbian_bisexual_transgender/

crystal M.
on 10/26/13 11:25 am, edited 10/26/13 11:25 am - Joliet, IL

Connie-  I will mention that I was single for 13 years so I know how to be alone.  I spent years and years doing everything alone.  So I do know how to be alone and on occasion like to be alone.  But I like finally having someone to be with again.  I guess what I am saying is after 13 years of being single I was hoping I wouldn't have to spend special times alone anymore.  Or be the only single at a party of couples...that kind of thing. 

All I wanted...all I ever want is to have someone to be with on holidays.  To go to parties with or just sit at home with.  No picture perfect expectation.  Just tired of sponging off other people's families for holidays.  I want my OWN holiday I can create at my home.  Even if its just sitting at home with turkey sandwiches watching football.  Everyone else has someone to be with...why doesn;t seem so hard for me to have what everyone else has. 

You are so wonderful and full of insight.  You are the greatest

Nancy G.
on 10/26/13 11:22 am - La Salle, IL

Happy Saturday Everyone!

I had planned to post earlier today but we had a power failure.  A squirrel decided to explore the transformer behind the house.  Poor squirrel.  RIP.  That left us without power for almost 3 hours.  We called out for a pizza and somehow they did not see it was for delivery.  90 minutes later I am calling to find out where the heck the pizza is and was told that they had it as a carryout.     Then half an hour later the driver calls and asks us to put the porch light on he cant find the house.  I tell him it is on and find out he has the wrong address.    We really did not wan that pizza. But with no power, we wanted dinner.  

I have gotten a reprieve of some sort at work.  I do not know if it is really a reprieve or more torture.  They have given me 30 more days and added a bunch of other stuff   to it so the pressure continues.   Ugh!  I swear that place likes to torture people!   

Lisa, have fun at your tupperware party.  They do come out with new things periodically. 

Sharon, I am confident that you will be able to tackle that new job without any problems.  I never could understand why companies are so cruel in having someone train their replacement. That is pure torture.  Poor lady.  As for arthritis, I have it in my hands, back, spine, neck, wrists, fingers joints  -- just about everywhere.  I hate that word  Every xray I get identifies more hot  spots.  I use biofreeze as my friend and also aleeve.  The rest is grin and bear it.  

Jason, that is good to know that the knees will set off a metal detector.  I have not tried it yet but have wondered if that was true.  I also have hardware in my back   (rods and pins) so I would probably put the entire airport on full alert!  

Kay, I laugh when I find myself being old!  I too swore I would not do that but find those phrases coming out of my mouth.  When did my parents inherit my body?

Dawn, it sounds like you are in for a fun evening with Todd.  Enjoy!

Ellen, I dont know how anyone would be able to keep up with 2 babies the age of your children without being tired!~  I would be ready for a nap!  yes

Crystal, It is hard but we rotate kids and their parents on the holidays.  If we get them for Thanksgiving, the mom gets them for Christmas and vice versa.  We then do that holiday on a different day.  As for Gage who is older, we do the same thing.  His mom has started including me in the celebrations now but did not when Rick and I first started dating.  IT takes time.  Be patient.  

Everone have a good day!

Cat Lady

Watson
on 10/26/13 1:48 pm
VSG on 06/08/10 with

Good evening,

Don't you hate power failures? I know I do. That's what happened a number of years ago in my neighborhood, same thing with a pigeon.

I like pizza once in a while. Wow! As a carryout? What kind of restaurant is that to have service do this restaurant have? I wonder what chef Gordon Ramsay has to say about the restaurant and the service. Same here.

I wish you the best in what's going on at work.

It is good to know about the metal detector, my first time with the metal detector since December of 2012 (I think). You haven't yet? Now you know (it may or may not {who knows}). You do in your back? Wow. May be :-). If someone buried you alive somewhere, a search party can find you with a metal detector. Once I have my hipsreplaced and my right knee replace I'll be afraid to go through any metal detector of anny kind let along the one at the airport (full alert), just like that robot from "Lost In Space" would say "Danger, Danger!!"

Have a great evening.

Highest Weight: 565 pounds (around 1999), Highest BMI: 94

Pre-op Weight: 476.40 pounds (2 weeks before {05/25/2010} VSG surgery), Pre-op BMI: 79.3

Lowest Weight: 153.5 pounds (as of 07/10/2013), Lowest BMI: 25.5

Current Weight: 350.75546 pounds (351 lb 0 oz./159.1 kilograms (as of 04/22/2019), Current BMI: 58.3

Most Active
Recent Topics
LET'S RESTART THE IL. SITE
scaryreader · 0 replies · 1088 views
Wednesday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 2 replies · 5611 views
Tuesday Roll Call
crystal M. · 2 replies · 5354 views
Sunday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 0 replies · 5385 views
Thursday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 2 replies · 5420 views