Saturday Roll Call

LisaTucker
on 10/25/13 11:12 pm - IL

Good Morning,

I have a few things to do this morning, then we are going to a fish fry that friends host, once a year. It will be a good time and lots of food to choose from.

I am going to try to get my frig cleaned out today also. Leftovers for dinner tonight.

I am 1/2 way done with Hubert's computer project. That hopefully will be done today.

Then I think we will be watching a Star Trek movie.

Tomorrow, I am going to Walmart, then to my daughter Annette's to go to a Tupperware party with her. I can't remember when I went to a Tupperware party last. I am sure I will fine something that I really don't need, but will buy it anyway.

Does anyone have any exciting plans for today and tomorrow? I think it is suppose to be nice, and a bit cool. Fall is really upon us..

Hugs,

Lisa

Phatchick
on 10/25/13 11:30 pm - Brookfield, IL
VSG on 04/16/12

Hello Dear Ones,

I worked yesterday. It is a bigger job than I thought. The docs made it sound like a little part-time job that was a piece of cake. HA! Firstly, it was difficult to have to learn from a woman who is being kicked to the curb after 30 years of LOYAL service. She is 74 and very bright. But I could tell there were things that have slipped to the wayside, and she wasnt even aware that it could be potential probs. Big potential probs. She was very professional and I enjoyed my time with her. She told me she wasnt ready for this forced retirement. She is single and has no kids. This job was her life. She told me she works 7 days a week. I almost fell on the floor when she said that. The docs told me it was a 3 day a week job. We will see. From my vantage point it looks like a full time job at the very least. The practice is gorgeous and large. I work for Drs. Bass and Danielson at Surgical Consultants of Joliet.

Crystal, you sound so happy. I understand, I got my car back yesterday as well. It is like having freedom again. You are a sweetheart to make that cake for your co-worker. You also sound like you are moving in a good direction with Chris. Hooray!!!!!!

Dawn, I am going to try the butternut squash you recommended. You always make everything sound so yummy. After you mentioned black beans and pork chops I had to make that, now I am feening for your squash. Girl you have skills!

Lisa, 50th reunion???? That sounds like a smash! I have never been to mine due to my weight gain of 150 lbs. Now that I have lost 100 maybe I will think of going to my next one.

Connie, I have oily skin. But once it drops below 40 i turn into a lizard. My skin gets so dry. I slather on organic coconut oil that I buy at Trader Joes for $5.99. It last about 3 months. It's non-greasy. Last night I ran out of my jar of coconut oil I keep in the cupboard and had to go to my bathroom to use that one. I love my non-gmo organic popcorn made with organic coconut oil. It is delish.

Randy, I miss you. We all do. COME BACK..........

Carla, sorry for your loss. I dont even want to think about it.

Nancy, it's the weekend. Relax and decompress from that job of yours.

Christine, Happy Anniversary.

Janet you are a good friend to be there for such a momentous time. Also, I think the reason we look younger after surgery is not the weight loss, but the better way we are eating.

Jason and Kim, what are you up to this weekend?

I am suffering with arthritis. I am hurting big time in my shoulders. I think it is because I have stopped working out. The pain is keeping me up all night. I think I am going to try seeing a Rheumatologist who will hopefully suggest physical therapy. Or I may just go back to the Chiropractor. Does anyone else suffer with this and if so what do you do? MY mom had it bad in her shoulders and when I had the chest xray last week, the doctor mentioned how bad the arthritis was on the films.

Well, I am going to enjoy this gorgeous day the Lord has made. It looks like it is going to be a super day.

Hugs to all my sweet buds.

Sharon

LisaTucker
on 10/26/13 12:49 am - IL

Sharon,

You will do fine with your new job. You are so efficient with everything, this will be a piece of cake for you.

About the class reunions. Go to them. You aren't the only one who has gained weight, loss hair, walks with a cane, or has changed. That girl that had everything, is now on her 5th marrige, the baseball player that wanted to go pro, now works as a cashier in a store.Everyone has a story.

Hugs,

Lisa

Watson
on 10/26/13 1:09 am
VSG on 06/08/10 with

Good morning Sharon,

Cool, Really? I hate when doctors do that. Wow! I bet. Sorry to hear, :-( . Sounds lie shes professional and that you enjoyed your time with her. I bet, I bet that's what keeps her going. Awe. Indeed. Wow, seven days a week! That's amazing. ounds like it.

I'll be go to K-Mart and to Target today to do some window shopping, do some house work for today and do the rest of the day by ear.

Sorry to hear about you artritis, I too suffering from arthritis in both of my hips, it makes it hard for me to get into & out of a car and at times walking. I cant wait to get my hips & right kne done. Also I have a sciatic nerve in my left leg. I wish you the best down the road in the future for you.

Same here about enjoying today.

:-) ...hugs for you too.

Jason.

P.S. When I was at the Willis Tower the other day my new left knee set off the melt detector. I'll know what to expect the next time when I go to the Willis Tower and the next time when I go to the airport let alone anywhere else that has a melt detector.

Highest Weight: 565 pounds (around 1999), Highest BMI: 94

Pre-op Weight: 476.40 pounds (2 weeks before {05/25/2010} VSG surgery), Pre-op BMI: 79.3

Lowest Weight: 153.5 pounds (as of 07/10/2013), Lowest BMI: 25.5

Current Weight: 350.75546 pounds (351 lb 0 oz./159.1 kilograms (as of 04/22/2019), Current BMI: 58.3

crystal M.
on 10/26/13 9:16 am - Joliet, IL

Sharon-  I am sure you will do fine,  And maybe the other lady worked 7 days because she was older and needed all 7 days to do the job.  You are younger and peppier and you will be able to run the show there in no time. 

birder I.
on 10/26/13 12:17 am - Rockford, IL

Morning!

This is our first day of knitting at the Woolgathering, although I knit there occasionally. I hope it goes well. Last night we went to Five Forks for dinner and had our favorite waiter, Daniel. He's such a nice guy and we hadn't seen him for a while.Then we went to the Bookworm for the final party, poetry slam, music and comedy. For those of you our age, poetry slams are where they yell a lot of four letter words and since most of them are no more than 25, they haven't lived a lot. The only one worth listening to was a woman in her 50's who survived cancer. Then the music: or should I say the screaming. (It reminded me of when my parents hated the Beatles and Elvis). We didn't hear any "music" in any of it and the worst of these guys is supposed to be tops in his genre. (if it is a genre). We went home laughing at ourselves and our reaction to the 20 somethings. They were loving it and we're thinking "don't quit your day job quite yet". I swore I'd never be a fuddy-duddy like my dad but I've sure turned into one. Kay and I had a good laugh at ourselves, anyway!

Sounds like several of you are mobile again with cars. I hate being without mine even if I'm not going out. And it sounds like relationships are going better. I've been thinking of all of you.

Have a nice weekend,

Connie

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/gay_lesbian_bisexual_transgender/

Watson
on 10/26/13 12:48 am, edited 10/26/13 12:48 am
VSG on 06/08/10 with

Good morning Lisa,

So do I have a few things to do this morning, at some point today I'll be doing some house work, it seems that I want to do this all the time. I hope you have a great time with your friends. I bet it'll be a good time.

Good luck with the frig today. Mmmmm leftovers.

Cool. I hope so.

Have fun watching a Star Trek movie.

Sounds like you got you day today and tomorrow already set, busy, busy, busy, sounds like me.

Today I'll be going to K-Mart and to Target to do some window shopping. I'll do some house work too today and take it from there.

:-) ...hugs.

P.S. I forgot to say that when meand my aunt went to the Willis Tower the other day my new left knee set of the melt detector, I was a little surprised by that at the same time not. I'll know what to expect the next time when I go to the Willis Tower and to the airport.

Highest Weight: 565 pounds (around 1999), Highest BMI: 94

Pre-op Weight: 476.40 pounds (2 weeks before {05/25/2010} VSG surgery), Pre-op BMI: 79.3

Lowest Weight: 153.5 pounds (as of 07/10/2013), Lowest BMI: 25.5

Current Weight: 350.75546 pounds (351 lb 0 oz./159.1 kilograms (as of 04/22/2019), Current BMI: 58.3

berts4
on 10/26/13 3:53 am - Rock City, IL

Good afternoon Lisa and the rest of Illinois!

I was reading this a couple of hours ago and was just getting ready to post when Todd came to get me to help him with putting the picnic table away.  That turned into putting the porch furniture away for the season and I got out some decorations.  I am now taking another break and checking in with you all.

After getting some housework done, Todd and I are going into Rockford for dinner and a play/musical at the Coronado.  I am a big Stephen King fan and it is collaboration with John Mellencamp and T. Bone Burnett.  Should be interesting.

Todd and I had a nice evening last night, just us two.  He actually fell asleep about 8.  Things seems to be looking up in that direction.

Gotta go.....he just called up here for me to hold the ladder.

Everyone have a great day!

Tell someone that you love them!
Dawn
253/223/167/127
HW/SW/CW/GW

akr9911
on 10/26/13 5:43 am
VSG on 06/20/13

Simple day around here. Met my gal pals for a traditional Saturday morning breakfast. They are great to hang with because they love my little babies to pieces and they let me get a little bit of a break in, which I desperately need on weekend days when the Hubs is working like today! I've got both kids down for a nap now so it's off to the basement to run on the treadmill - oy. Then when they wake up, I'll probably pop them into the double stroller and take a walk to a park to let my 2 year old run off some energy and my 1 year old try to figure out to walk so he can chase her.

Have I mentioned I'm tired yet?

Have a great one everyone.

Ellen

HW 259 SW 251 CW 217 M1-20.5 M2 -7.5 M3 -4 M4 -2

crystal M.
on 10/26/13 9:12 am, edited 10/26/13 9:13 am - Joliet, IL

Hello everyone

I spent a really great day with Chris.  We didn't do anything special...just hung out and was lazy.  But we so rarely get to be alone together for the day.  We did go run over to Target so he could buy some wrapping paper and a birthday card for his son.  Then when we got back he figured out how to turn off my maintenance light.  I needed that light off because I have to get my emissions test done.  Since I do my own oil changes that light is always on.  He showed me how to turn it of...OMG it was easy. 

Well he left about an hour ago because his ex is throwing their son a birthday party.  Like I said I wasn't invited and as I said when I was in her shoes I did make an effort to include "new wife".  to me this is a very long term relationship...and it leaves me wondering is this the way things are always going to be???  Him at his son's parties...and me at home by myself??  How is that fair to me???  How do we remedy this???  I can't tell him not to go...it's his son.  The next thing I have to worry about is the up coming holidays...yep how is that going to work.  I did tell him my feelings on the matter.  But lets see what happens.  I told him I don't have a lot of family and when I was looking for a boyfriend I imagined a boy friend that I could spend Thanksgiving and Christmas with PERIOD...the end.  How do other families handle holidays...you know families that have been through divorce.  I can't go on my experience because my ex was not involved in our lives.  Do any of you have any suggestions??? 

Well hope you all had a good day...bye

Most Active
Recent Topics
LET'S RESTART THE IL. SITE
scaryreader · 0 replies · 1080 views
Wednesday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 2 replies · 5606 views
Tuesday Roll Call
crystal M. · 2 replies · 5349 views
Sunday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 0 replies · 5376 views
Thursday Roll Call