Sunday Roll Call

LisaTucker
on 10/26/13 9:40 pm - IL

Good Morning,

It is the last Sunday of October. Where did the month go?

I am heading to Yorkville this morning. That is after I stop at Walmart in Ottawa, and to drop off a couple of small bags of clothing at Goodwill. Then, on my way home, stopping at Menards for a couple of things Hubert needs.

We did attend the fish fry yesterday afternoon, but only stayed a little over an hour. Hubert was determined to get to the Chevy dealer. We ended up buying a 2014 Equinox. I had a strong feeling that is what he wanted to do, even though he denied it. Men can be like little boys so often.enlightened

Ellen, you said you worked from home. What do you do? I remember having 2 small children and being worn out also.

Nancy, You may of told us, but how long have you and Rick been together, and where did you meet? Just being nosy

Crystal, I agree with Connie,  an X can be a real problem. The good thing is you did not start dating him until long after he was single again.

Dawn, this is hoping you and Todd are starting to get over the rough spots. And also seeing someone to talk to is going to help you.

Connie, You and Kay lead such interesting lives.

Sharon, enjoy your Sunday.

Hugs to all,

Lisa

crystal M.
on 10/27/13 12:15 am, edited 10/27/13 12:16 am - Joliet, IL

Hello everyone

Well today I am on my own.  I am going to go through my "fat" clothes and finally get rid of some of them.  Yep I think it's time...it's been almost 2 years since I fit into some of those clothes.  What am I hold on to these things for.  Why are your fat clothes so hard to part with?  Not to mention one of the secondhand stores I frequent takes in your clothes and gives you money.  I know it won't be much but I can just use that towards clothes there.  Then I am going to run over to Walmart.  I am also going to workout.  I haven't figured out dinner.  Maybe I will just do breakfast for dinner...and have eggs and turkey sausage.  And I still have a broken vacuum to contend with.  I got into some of my kitchen cabinets and reorganized them yesterday.  I have one more to do and my kitchen is back to being organized.  That is my day in a nut shell.     

About working out.  I am getting so bored of my workouts here and I know that's one of the reasons I moved to this place was because of the workout room...but it's very small and has no weight machines.  I am seriously considering branching out to a gym.  Maybe next month I will beat the rush and start "shopping" around.  We will see....I feel like it's such a luxury to spend money on when I have a gym here.  

I talked to Chris last night.  Not because I brought it up but because he could tell something was wrong.  He's funny even when I think I'm hiding my feelings...he can still tell.  I just asked him if we are together for a long time...it kind if makes me sad to think it will always be like this...him at parties and me at home by myself.  He said no way will it always be like this...and you know I believe him.  I don't want to be with him every second of his life...but I would like to be there for birthdays and holidays and special events to celebrate with family.  Ian, he turned 9 yesterday...I bought him a bug vacuum and a venus fly trap...LOL.  As you may have guessed he loves bugs.  It's funny because he kind of reminds me of Amanda.  She loves bugs too.  And he is always building terriums with his grandma and planting things.  Of course that's right up Amanda's alley.  I think the two of them would really like each other.    

Sharon-  By the way I keep forgetting to tell you.  I found out last weekend the Goodwill by 355 is the Goodwill that Chris's brother is manager of...hahaha!!!  I told him that one is one of my favorites.

Have a nice Sunday everyone...see you later...bye

birder I.
on 10/27/13 1:08 am - Rockford, IL

Hello,

I am sitting on the porch looking at the colors of the leaves and being grateful for a lovely day. We don't have any plans today in particular but one of us needs to make a brief grocery run--no yogurt or cottage cheese and that's a life emergency here!

It sounds like Lisa and Crystal have their days well planned. I hope the rest of you have something to look forward to on this lovely day. Enjoy!

Connie

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/gay_lesbian_bisexual_transgender/

berts4
on 10/27/13 6:47 am - Rock City, IL

Good late afternoon Lisa and the rest of Illinois!

Lisa---congrats on the new vehicle (?).  That can be exciting.  Sorry you did not get to spend a lot of time at the fish fry.  That is one of my favorite things.

Crystal-----I saw how Chris looked at you and responded to you.  He is smitten!  I am glad to know that Amanda and Ian would get along.  That is super!

Connie-----Still wondering what happened at the Bookworm?

Todd and I had a very nice evening last night.  We went to my favorite sushi place for dinner, the show (which he actually enjoyed!  He was laughing and at the end, he whistled and stood for the ovation).  Afterwards, we stopped by a beer bar that is owned by the owner of Uncle Nick's downtown.  He had beer......I indulged in saganaki!  One of my favorite Greek dishes that I haven't had in YEARS.  Then home to a peaceful evening and a lovely morning.  Things seem to be looking more toward the positive for us.  Talking about stuff and letting it out seems to be helping.

I am making Chicken and Dumplings for dinner tonight, then when the soup pot is empty, will make a fish/seafood stock out of the "leavings" I have in the freezer.  I will have to look for ideas how to use the seafood stock.

Liv really wants to visit the University of Miami for their Open House on November 10 and when I told Todd that her and I would probably want to fly down, he suggested the 3 of us drive so he could go too.  We will see.

Thanking you all for all of the love, friendship and support!

Everyone have a lovely evening!

Tell someone that you love them!
Dawn
253/223/167/127
HW/SW/CW/GW

birder I.
on 10/27/13 7:44 am - Rockford, IL

Bookworm closed for several reasons. The library would not let her have an outside sign so people didn't know it was there and the library didn't even put the correct hours on it's website until after 2 years. The library staff also didn't all support it. I was there often enough to know who did come in and who didn't, as well as those staff who came in with Starbuck's coffee cups.

Fall and winter went well but in the summer people didn't come in and winter wasn't enough to sustain. Rhiannon will be at all the local Farmer's markets with her gluten free products and will be at the Winter festival which is held at Rockford College in early December with all the local providers. Everything that was in the cafe can be ordered by phone or on line thru facebook. There just won't be a store front. Food can be picked up or delivered.

I will miss the camaraderie of hanging out there and meeting new people. I've made tons of friends that I wouldn't have met under any other cir****tances. We are knitting at the Woolgathering on Riverside across from Village Green, so we at least have that. I also may start knitting at the Sow's Ear in Verona each Monday that I can because I like the woman I met there.

Connie

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/gay_lesbian_bisexual_transgender/

berts4
on 10/28/13 4:12 am - Rock City, IL

Left me know more about this Winter Festival, please.

Dawn
253/223/167/127
HW/SW/CW/GW

akr9911
on 10/27/13 12:49 pm
VSG on 06/20/13

A late evening check in from me. I imagine I should be doing this earlier in the day, eh?

No excuses today. It just didn't happen. We had a nice breakfast as a family and then DH headed out to pay off the electrician who has been helping us out, and cashing our checks. When he came back I asked if it would be OK for me to go to the gym and then to the Jewel... he was more than happy to take care of the kids (who were napping nicely****il I got back. He looked delighted to see me when I returned. :)

We have a little gym set up in our basement. Mostly I am on the treadmill but we also have a bike and one of those gazelle things (that DH picked up on the side of the road a few weeks back - ugh). I also jump on my mini trampoline and we have a Bow-flex type thing too, that isn't currently fully put together. So like I said, mostly I'm on the treadmill. Yesterday I was averaging slightly more than 15 minute miles, which for me is flying. I must be the slowest person on the planet but I did 4 miles in 64 minutes, and I did warm up and cool down minutes too. So I was proud of that. I have to admit I have a bit of the exercise bug right now. Even though I got in a full hour at the gym today I kinda want to hit the basement. I think my OCD is getting the best of me again. :)

I'll check in earlier tomorrow. Making the trek to my office in the city. So not looking forward to that early alarm!

Ellen

HW 259 SW 251 CW 217 M1-20.5 M2 -7.5 M3 -4 M4 -2

berts4
on 10/28/13 4:14 am - Rock City, IL

Dear Ellen:

You can check in whenever is convenient!

Dawn
253/223/167/127
HW/SW/CW/GW

Most Active
Recent Topics
LET'S RESTART THE IL. SITE
scaryreader · 0 replies · 1080 views
Wednesday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 2 replies · 5606 views
Tuesday Roll Call
crystal M. · 2 replies · 5349 views